Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By RichardLess
Kingpin wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 7:19 am
RichardLess wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 5:52 amHowever, that being said, the best the beams ever looked, in my opinion, is during the showdown with Gozer and the "Aim for the flat top" bit.
Those were definitely the best, not just visually vibrant, but dynamic in their animation as well.

That's one of my minor pet peeves about Ghostbusters, one of the flaws with the proton streams being hand animated is that in the first film they're often inconsistent, in on scene they're bucking and flexing like ribbon, or a fire hose, in the next sequence they're like laser beams: ramrod straight.

Whilst the streams in Ghostbusters II seemed weaker, like they were underpowered, they at least looked the same from scene to scene to scene.

Ideally, I'd like 2020 to use the best of both worlds, the wild ribbon of energy of GB1, the consistent look of GB2, the lasso effect of GB2 at times, and the thickness/vibrancy of GB1.

And I'm sure we'll be pleased with what we'll get, the proton streams in Answer The Call looked good, and were consistent, so I'm confident in the digital technology approach.
Yeah now that you mention it, the GB2 beams do seem less powerful. But they have a "cleaner" less messy, if you will. look. The GB1 streams look dangerous & chaotic.

I think maybe part of the problem of GB1 stream FX stemmed from time. Because of time the camera had to be locked off, where as Ghostbusters 2 had a couple dynamic moving camera shots in the courtroom bust (granted GB2 was also a rushed production but had the benefit of FX done by an already up & running FX house with 5 years of technological advance from film # 1. They also knew going in what the streams looked like)
Kingpin liked this
By groschopf
Anyone else wonder if we'll see flashback scenes to 1984 that show us Shandor cultists setting the event of the first film in motion? Maybe explaining that Peck as part of the group? That the cult brought lawsuits against the Ghostbusters in the wake of the Gozer battle and that's what got them shut down leading up to GB2?
back liked this
By Kingpin
groschopf wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 10:17 am Anyone else wonder if we'll see flashback scenes to 1984 that show us Shandor cultists setting the event of the first film in motion? Maybe explaining that Peck as part of the group? That the cult brought lawsuits against the Ghostbusters in the wake of the Gozer battle and that's what got them shut down leading up to GB2?
If there are flashbacks, I hope they don't stray anywhere near that sort of territory. My view is Shandor's cult died out in the 30s or 40s, leaving little to no actual living members to carry things on physically.

Some lingered on in the spiritual world, but they were barely more than what we saw in the game. They didn't capitalize on the presence of the Ghostbusters, nor was Peck a member, and I'd prefer it to stay that way, as it undermines the idea of Peck being an average person who just happened to be a busy body with a grudge.

Nor did they have any influence in the Ghostbusters getting shut down before 1989, or after.
Alphagaia liked this
By groschopf
Kingpin wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 10:39 am If there are flashbacks, I hope they don't stray anywhere near that sort of territory. My view is Shandor's cult died out in the 30s or 40s, leaving little to no actual living members to carry things on physically.

Some lingered on in the spiritual world, but they were barely more than what we saw in the game. They didn't capitalize on the presence of the Ghostbusters, nor was Peck a member, and I'd prefer it to stay that way, as it undermines the idea of Peck being an average person who just happened to be a busy body with a grudge.

Nor did they have any influence in the Ghostbusters getting shut down before 1989, or after.

Sounds like something a Shandor cultist would say...

RichRyan1507, Alphagaia, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
By Alphagaia
Yeah, I like Peck being just a representation of human interaction gone wrong. If only Venkman and Peck kept it civil and nothing would have happened.

I remember Ivan (?) talking about Peck and while they did consider Peck being a pawn of Shandor he preferred him being just a stubborn dickless man that stuck his enquiring nose where it shouldn't belong, which got him dunked on hard.

Besides, he redeemed himself a bit in the game and the comics.
Kingpin liked this
By Sav C
I'm probably in the minority, but I would like Slimer to return. As for Stay Puft, a passing reference would be best, if that. A bag of marshmallows on a counter or something like that.

As for proton streams, I like the ones from both films equally. I'm curious to see which streams they use for a template, and how they go about designing them. If they're done digitally, which is likely of course, I wonder how "faithful" they will remain to the originals.
Alphagaia, robbritton liked this
By Sav C
Yes, I'm as well! I'm hoping that they get really creative with the designs. The first movie in particular had so much diversity among the ghosts and paranormal phenomena that I'm hoping they are able to match it to an extent. In some general sense I think its safe to say that I'd like a bit more of the same, but really I want them to capture both the tone and creativity of the first movie.
Alphagaia liked this
By Kingpin
Sav C wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 2:13 pmAs for Stay Puft, a passing reference would be best, if that. A bag of marshmallows on a counter or something like that.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Davideverona wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 2:59 pmHigh quality 35th anniversary intro.
It's a "higher" quality copy than what we've seen before, but it's still a recording of a projector screen from someone's mobile phone.
Sav C liked this
Well now...

I wonder what it will look like or project?

https://www.rubies.com/ghostbusters-3-f ... movie.html

Also looks like we are getting a Proton Pack the shoots Silly String?

https://www.rubies.com/ghostbusters-pro ... tring.html

I seriously can not wait until all of the Ghostbusters 3 Merch comes out.

What are your desires for new Merch?

The item I wanted/ dreamed of having came out but out of my budget...

(Firehouse Sign)
By Kingpin
2GunsRacing, I've edited your posts together as they could've all been a single post, rather than three in a row.
2GunsRacing wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 7:13 pmThe item I wanted/ dreamed of having came out but out of my budget...

(Firehouse Sign)
There is a Firehouse sign replica coming out from Hollywood Collectibles Group in the first quarter of 2020 for $899.95, however there've been some accusations made that the sign has been recasted, whilst their Ghost Trap replica does appear to be an unauthorised copy of one of Nick-a-tron's kits.
mrmichaelt, 2GunsRacing liked this
By deadderek
So our 1st look at the "Ghostbusters 3 Flash Light" from Rubie's.

https://www.rubies.com/ghostbusters-3-f ... movie.html

Obviously a placeholder picture. :P
Alphagaia, groschopf liked this
By groschopf
Kingpin wrote: October 24th, 2019, 3:19 am There is a Firehouse sign replica coming out from Hollywood Collectibles Group in the first quarter of 2020 for $899.95, however there've been some accusations made that the sign has been recasted...
Well, that sucks -- but sounds in line with what they did to Nick-a-tron. Who did they rip off for the sign?
By SpaceBallz
Jason posted a pic of the "Tuff City" album from 1992 on Instagram. Could be something (maybe using a few songs) or maybe he's just continuing having fun being coy.
By robbritton
SpaceBallz wrote: October 24th, 2019, 11:49 am Jason posted a pic of the "Tuff City" album from 1992 on Instagram. Could be something (maybe using a few songs) or maybe he's just continuing having fun being coy.
The 900 Number is a solid gold banger, so I’m good with that!
By 2GunsRacing
Kingpin wrote: October 24th, 2019, 3:19 am 2GunsRacing, I've edited your posts together as they could've all been a single post, rather than three in a row.
2GunsRacing wrote: October 23rd, 2019, 7:13 pmThe item I wanted/ dreamed of having came out but out of my budget...

(Firehouse Sign)
There is a Firehouse sign replica coming out from Hollywood Collectibles Group in the first quarter of 2020 for $899.95, however there've been some accusations made that the sign has been recasted, whilst their Ghost Trap replica does appear to be an unauthorised copy of one of Nick-a-tron's kits.
Yeah Kingpin what happened was I had a double post and instead of looking like a fool, I just edited it to a question.
I normally would just make it into 1 post.
Hope you're enjoying the day
By mrmichaelt
timeware wrote: October 24th, 2019, 8:12 am Kind of to early to be calling gb20 ghostbusters 3. Maybe well get the original logo over the #30 instead of the finger.
I had Freeform on the other night and they were playing the two movies back to back and this thought popped in my head followed by a "Nah..." response -- but what if instead of "Ghostbusters III" or "Ghostbusters: Title with Double Meaning" -- they add something to the front like "We're The Ghostbusters"? I think fans online would be frothing at the mouth. Man, I wouldn't have guessed the title is still being kept a secret in late October 2019.
By Kingpin
groschopf wrote: October 24th, 2019, 6:24 amWell, that sucks -- but sounds in line with what they did to Nick-a-tron. Who did they rip off for the sign?
That's the frustrating thing, the people who made the accusation didn't mention whose work was supposed to have been copied, so I honestly don't know if it was genuinely copied, or if they were accusing HCG based on the previous case of the Trap. :(
By mrmichaelt
I haven't watched it yet but here's Murray's Kimmel appearance from Wednesday. EDIT: Damn, it's locked from viewing.
https://abc.com/shows/jimmy-kimmel-live ... -live-1023

Boat segment from Tuesday
https://abc.com/shows/jimmy-kimmel-live ... ka13869798
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6T33GnzwKM
Kingpin wrote: October 25th, 2019, 1:28 am That's the frustrating thing, the people who made the accusation didn't mention whose work was supposed to have been copied, so I honestly don't know if it was genuinely copied, or if they were accusing HCG based on the previous case of the Trap.
Man, dare I ask, are there any fan groups that recreated the sign way before HCG's came for sale?
By zeta otaku
Bandit13 wrote: October 25th, 2019, 10:38 am
"On our own" would be a nice easter egg since "Flip City" is forever tainted now lol
I'm disappointed with myself that I know exactly the reason LOL

Damn you, Zone! DAMN YOU! (but also thank you Zone ^_^ )
By Kingpin
Huh? What's that about Flip City being tainted?

And while On Our Own was a great song, it's not one to be suggested given Bobby Brown's abusiveness towards Whitney Houston.
mrmichaelt wrote: October 25th, 2019, 3:17 am Man, dare I ask, are there any fan groups that recreated the sign way before HCG's came for sale?
I think there's been a couple of varying quality. Most prominently and relatively recently Dr. Stantz Jr. made some plastic vacuum-formed sign panels, a couple of which I own.

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]