Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By timeware
With no new info or treats I can see why were all jumping on the confirmation train, but I think we should wait until Sony or Jason confirms things before believing rumors. I'm perfectly content without the angry click bait articles that were cranked out on a daily basis in 2016.The quiet is nice. If a trailer is coming out remember that Thanksgiving is right around the corner.
By tylergfoster
They're not going to time it to a holiday, dang it, they're a corporation and they're going to time it to one of their other movies! The Superbowl is pretty much the only exception to this.

If Charlie's Angels was a smash maybe they'd move it up, but it was the opposite. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood isn't the right demo. Jumanji: The Next Level will also be a four-quadrant genre comedy Sony hopes rakes in piles of franchise money from a wide audience. And while the holiday won't be the thing it's tied to, it'll then be available to play with all the Christmas movies, including Star Wars.

Related note: there is a Twitter account dedicated to following trailer drops called TrailerTrack, which is reliable and worth following if you're interested: https://twitter.com/trailertrack/status ... 83938?s=19
groschopf, robbritton liked this
By tylergfoster
JonXCTrack wrote: November 20th, 2019, 2:28 pm On Reddit there is a post with a screen grab from Finn Wolfhard's instagram. Someone with alleged credibility commented "7 December :)" People seemed convinced we might see something on December 7.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... l_murrays/
Saturday the 7th still tracks with it ending up attached to Jumanji, which starts on the 12th. Perhaps a late-night show will get an early peek?

I know sometimes guests for late-night shows are dropped in advance, so maybe keep an eye peeled for any Ghostbusters 2020 cast members being on those shows December 7th.
By JonXCTrack
droidguy1119 wrote:Saturday the 7th still tracks with it ending up attached to Jumanji, which starts on the 12th. Perhaps a late-night show will get an early peek?

I know sometimes guests for late-night shows are dropped in advance, so maybe keep an eye peeled for any Ghostbusters 2020 cast members being on those shows December 7th.
Maybe the trailer will come with the new Jumanji movie, but we'll get something put out on the internet on the 7th. December 7th is a Saturday. Other than SNL, I'm not sure what late night show would host someone. I haven't watched SNL in a while, but I suppose it's possible that Dan Aykroyd or Bill Murray is a guest for the show and a trailer is shown during a commercial break.
By timeware
Have to agree with Alpha on that one. It,s not the same as a tribute.

granted they continue to sell Elvis records which could be used as a counter argument but I'd rather see something tasteful.
By Kingpin
JonXCTrack wrote: November 20th, 2019, 2:28 pm On Reddit there is a post with a screen grab from Finn Wolfhard's instagram. Someone with alleged credibility commented "7 December :)" People seemed convinced we might see something on December 7.

Playing Gozer's advocate, while I can be easily proved wrong, I don't think we have any reason to assume to currently invest stock in something is happening on December 7th.

It isn't Finn who provided that nugget, it was posted by someone attached to a "moviefacts" account, and the account itself doesn't get credability for confirming Bill's involvement early considering there was rampant speculation all through the summer of the original cast's involvement. It's like predicting it's going to rain somewhere in the world tomorrow, you're technically right, but not because you had any actual insight.

I'm especially skeptical because I've never heard of this "moviefacts" group before. If it were Entertainment Weekly or Variety, I'd happily take it at face value.
Alphagaia, groschopf, Doctor Venkman and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: November 21st, 2019, 4:46 am

Playing Gozer's advocate, while I can be easily proved wrong, I don't think we have any reason to assume to currently invest stock in something is happening on December 7th.

It isn't Finn who provided that nugget, it was posted by someone attached to a "moviefacts" account, and the account itself doesn't get credibility for confirming Bill's involvement early considering there was rampant speculation all through the summer of the original cast's involvement. It's like predicting it's going to rain somewhere in the world tomorrow, you're technically right, but not because you had any actual insight.

I'm especially skeptical because I've never heard of this "moviefacts" group before. If it were Entertainment Weekly or Variety, I'd happily take it at face value.
To make things sillier, December 7th is a SATURDAY. :sigh:
Trailers usually drop on Tuesdays and Fridays, right? Maybe the 6th (a Friday) or 10th (a Tuesday) would make more sense this way. Hell, the release window is almost identical to ATC's, and its first trailer dropped on the day before Zootopia came out. And posters have a similar instance, and even drop with the trailer (for example, the fixed Sonic). By the way, should said poster be kinda simplistic like the teaser posters from the past movies? Like a logo reveal with a simple tagline below it and release date at the bottom. That "Guess What" one from that supposed Summerville Country GB group with the rusty logo and inverted background is a pretty nice mockup example.

In all seriousness, I hope something does turn up so I don't have to turn to stupid fanfics or clickbaity sites.
groschopf liked this
By tylergfoster
The thing about the campaign for this one is that they kind of used up the traditional bag of tricks (piano cover of the theme, the logo poster) on the last one, so it'll be interesting to see what angle they take this time. Presumably far more focus on the family and fresh story than the legacy of the series. A slimed family photo?
By Michael Scott
Has anybody noticed how quiet Ernie Hudson has gotten lately? His Facebook page hasn’t been updated since July and nothing on Twitter since the end of August. Other than his appearance on the 35th anniversary set I haven’t seen anything besides the Cameo clip and Mexico comic con where he spilled the beans on his involvement in the movie. I wonder if he got in trouble. I’m sure he’s been busy with this project and others, but he usually self promotes those other’s projects quite a bit.
By pizzarat
One has to think that the marketing switch has to turn to the ON position pretty soon. Most people I know weren't even aware there is a new movie coming out before I told them, and very few knew about the teaser trailer as well.
By SpaceBallz
Theres a small teaser image/video thing on the Bill & Ted 3's social media reminding everyone about the release date. Someone asked Alex Winter (Bill) when we can expect a trailer and he said late winter/spring, and I do believe they finished filming before GB3.

So, I'm not getting my hopes up until the first quarter of 2020.
By deadderek
Back in August the official Twitter account told my team "pics coming soon."

groschopf, SpaceBallz, Corey91 and 1 others liked this
By Kingpin
timeware wrote: November 21st, 2019, 8:17 pm So the main question is are they still using the phone booth, or did they make the conversion to cell phones?
Still using the booth, and it's in its Excellent Adventure configuration. :)

twmedford23, back, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
By JonXCTrack
pizzarat wrote:One has to think that the marketing switch has to turn to the ON position pretty soon. Most people I know weren't even aware there is a new movie coming out before I told them, and very few knew about the teaser trailer as well.
I would bet that we'll get a new teaser with Jumanji and a full trailer with the Superbowl in February. From there they'll start rolling out the products like Ecto-Cooler, Twinkies, etc.
tylergfoster liked this
By Coover5
When I think back to the merchandise from RGB I mostly think of the figures, firehouse, car, pack and trap. Rewatching some of Alex Newborn's video has really opened my eyes to just how broke Ghostbusters 3 is going to leave me. If GB3 spawns the phenomenon we had with the original there's going to be action figures, play sets, vehicles, costumes, role play toys (like proton packs), books, comics, coloring books, watches, magnets, telephones, ceiling fans, cereal, drinks, lunch boxes, DVDs, handheld games, shirts, belts, underwear, model kits, trading cards, doorknob covers, posters, shoes and glasses case. We could easily be looking at hundreds of items within 3-5 years especially if this movie is followed up by live action or animated show. My house would be packed with stuff if I didn't have to sell it to afford that stuff.
By Coover5
I hope GB3 stuff won't stop Spirit Halloween from getting to a giga meter. Not that they've said they have plans for it but once they made the pack I've been waiting for the giga meter.
By timeware
If we don't get Ecto cooler we may get energy drinks with the Ecto cooler label on them. I hope we get the drink back but what do people think if Ecto cooler becomes an exclusive drink like surge has for Burger King? Only available at restaurant's? It would mean a steady supply and prevent price scalping.
Proton Props UK

I've seen that too...... Maybe, I don't know? […]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]