Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
pizzarat wrote: December 13th, 2019, 10:16 amhttps://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/12/1 ... ents-block

Well, I think we already knew about this, but it is good to know the 1-A parts are being kept. My guess would've been they dumped them.
It was in such bad shape, I thought they would've too... The car itself was parted out for one of the Wrecto-1's in the new flick (pics posted pages ago) most likely. But the roof parts that Werent re-purposed are kept safe? A surprise to hear.
back wrote: December 13th, 2019, 10:29 am
pizzarat wrote: December 13th, 2019, 10:16 amhttps://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/12/1 ... ents-block

Well, I think we already knew about this, but it is good to know the 1-A parts are being kept. My guess would've been they dumped them.
It was in such bad shape, I thought they would've too... The car itself was parted out for one of the Wrecto-1's in the new flick (pics posted pages ago) most likely. But the roof parts that Werent re-purposed are kept safe? A surprise to hear.
There was a surprising amount of equipment inside, including a computer monitor. So I wonder if the parts are "in the hands" of Sony or someone else. It's probably unlikely, but I think just about everyone hopes they do the right thing and restore 1-A. Or maybe the parts are being kept for the Afterlife sequel? :p
SSJmole wrote: December 13th, 2019, 9:56 am
droidguy1119 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 8:29 am Went to see Black Christmas last night but popped into a Jumanji: The Next Level auditorium for the trailers and enjoyed the trailer on the big screen.
How was Jumanji? I liked the last one and Orginal.
As I said, I was there to see Black Christmas, which I enjoyed. I just popped into the Jumanji auditorium to see the Afterlife trailer because I knew it was attached.
back wrote: December 13th, 2019, 10:29 am

Makes me wonder how much of the rust is real... Its really smart of sony those cars are very rare so it makes since to repair and modify 1a and as a bonus it will have a more authentic patina.
back liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 10:40 am
SSJmole wrote: December 13th, 2019, 9:56 am

How was Jumanji? I liked the last one and Orginal.
As I said, I was there to see Black Christmas, which I enjoyed. I just popped into the Jumanji auditorium to see the Afterlife trailer because I knew it was attached.
Oh ok my bad I thought you meant you went in to see Jumanji[ because the trailer was attached not just trailer. Disregard my question sorry.
One thing I'm curious to see is whether or not they'll use images (either still or moving) of the late Harold Ramis as Egon Spengler. Admittedly, the one thing that always bummed me out about the possibility of a GB3 when Harold was still alive, was that Egon would now be fat (not that there's anything wrong with fat people), unless Harold underwent radical weight loss. As terrible as it sounds, if there was a silver lining to Harold's death, it's that Egon could remain the awkward beanpole we all know and love. It'll be interesting to see if that image remains, or if fat Egon will now be canon...
ghoulishfright wrote:One thing I'm curious to see is whether or not they'll use images (either still or moving) of the late Harold Ramis as Egon Spengler. Admittedly, the one thing that always bummed me out about the possibility of a GB3 when Harold was still alive, was that Egon would now be fat (not that there's anything wrong with fat people), unless Harold underwent radical weight loss. As terrible as it sounds, if there was a silver lining to Harold's death, it's that Egon could remain the awkward beanpole we all know and love. It'll be interesting to see if that image remains, or if fat Egon will now be canon...
There was an interview with Harold Ramis back when Orange County was out in theaters. He was recounting a time he was in a supermarket with his wife, and someone came up to his wife and asked, "Is that Egon from Ghostbusters?" Harold's wife replied, "Yes, it is." And then the person goes, "Wow, he got fat. What happened!?" Or something to that effect.

It is a bit jarring to see the difference between Harold in the 80s and Harold in the 2000s. I'd still prefer to have him appear in the flesh, being over weight. His character was just so iconic. If he does appear, my guess is it will be old photos and video footage from the first two films.
Alphagaia wrote: December 13th, 2019, 2:14 pm So, we all 'know' Egon was the granddad, but would that make the missing dad his son? Or is Coon playing his daughter?
I was actually just debating this up until this post and suddenly I remembered the VF article (which I consider absolute in its accuracy as it's essentially PR) concretely answers this:

"A trailer for the July 10 film will debut on Monday, and Vanity Fair got an exclusive glimpse of the new characters at the heart of the story, with The Leftovers’ Carrie Coon starring as mom Callie, I, Tonya’s Mckenna Grace as her science-obsessed daughter Phoebe, and Stranger Things’ Finn Wolfhard as gearhead son Trevor. They have left everything they know and moved to a small town in Oklahoma after inheriting property from the father she didn’t know."
RichRyan1507, SSJmole liked this
RichRyan1507 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 2:37 pm I was just listening to YHS podcast's trailer reaction/breakdown and they made a really neat point. What if Rick Moranis DOES come back for this and is the one who informs the family about their inheritance? That would be great haha.
I have 100% confidence Rick isn't returning. On Ghostbusters (2016), his objection was something that would apply here too:

"When the new all-female Ghostbusters reboot arrives in theaters next summer, nearly all the living actors from the original 1980s films — Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Sigourney Weaver, et al. — will be doing cameos. But not Rick Moranis, who was offered the chance to appear in a walk-on role but turned it down. 'I wish them well,' says the 62-year-old comedic legend, who's so stunned by the outcry over his absence in the film that he decided to grant a rare interview with THR. 'I hope it's terrific. But it just makes no sense to me. Why would I do just one day of shooting on something I did 30 years ago?'"

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/featu ... -he-829779
droidguy1119 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 2:58 pm
Alphagaia wrote: December 13th, 2019, 2:14 pm So, we all 'know' Egon was the granddad, but would that make the missing dad his son? Or is Coon playing his daughter?
I was actually just debating this up until this post and suddenly I remembered the VF article (which I consider absolute in its accuracy as it's essentially PR) concretely answers this:

"A trailer for the July 10 film will debut on Monday, and Vanity Fair got an exclusive glimpse of the new characters at the heart of the story, with The Leftovers’ Carrie Coon starring as mom Callie, I, Tonya’s Mckenna Grace as her science-obsessed daughter Phoebe, and Stranger Things’ Finn Wolfhard as gearhead son Trevor. They have left everything they know and moved to a small town in Oklahoma after inheriting property from the father she didn’t know."
I don't know how I glossed over that, either! If that's the case, I'll be really excited to see what the connection is, and who the grandmother is.
droidguy1119 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 3:00 pm
RichRyan1507 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 2:37 pm I was just listening to YHS podcast's trailer reaction/breakdown and they made a really neat point. What if Rick Moranis DOES come back for this and is the one who informs the family about their inheritance? That would be great haha.
I have 100% confidence Rick isn't returning. On Ghostbusters (2016), his objection was something that would apply here too:
Not saying it's at all likely. Just that it'd be kinda perfect.
Last edited by RichRyan1507 on December 13th, 2019, 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
back, tylergfoster liked this
RichRyan1507 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 3:05 pm
droidguy1119 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 2:58 pm I was actually just debating this up until this post and suddenly I remembered the VF article (which I consider absolute in its accuracy as it's essentially PR) concretely answers this:

I don't know how I glossed over that, either! If that's the case, I'll be really excited to see what the connection is, and who the grandmother is.
If theres one thing that can get between men and break up friendships, its a Woman.
RichRyan1507 liked this
Sav C wrote: December 13th, 2019, 3:18 pm
Wait a minute, I thought we all 'knew' that Louis was the grandad...
Imagevia Imgflip Meme Generator
RichRyan1507, Sav C, Adub794 liked this
Bison256 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 10:45 am Makes me wonder how much of the rust is real... Its really smart of sony those cars are very rare so it makes since to repair and modify 1a and as a bonus it will have a more authentic patina.
Working on the basis that Ecto-1A's chassis and bodywork are now one of the two Wrecto-1s (likely the one featuring 1A's fender by elimination), I believe all the visible rust is cosmetic. Ecto-1A's paintwork was in such a sorry state when her restoration was abandoned (chunks pulled off with the decal removal, and from the various scrapes, dents and bangs she'd had over the years):

I'm certain they scrubbed her down to the base metal, pounded the panels back into shape, primed her up and gave her a new white-and-red coat, which they subsequently aged and dirtied.
Coover5, Corey91, back and 1 others liked this
I would assume and it is just me personally , the mother would be the daughter because that way when the son learns about his grandad , the mother learns about her dad too and it's got more emotional weight and could even help them to bond as on-screen characters.

and again I'm not saying this is the case I'm just saying for me personally I would assume that was the most logical way to go about this from a film standpoint

Edit : I missed droidguy1119's post that confirms this is the case. Sorry.
It may be highly improbable, but if Martin Scorsese can get Joe Pesci outta retirement, then maybe Bill Murray and the Reitman's could get Rick Moranis outta retirement. I mean, they're definitely gonna need a lawyer after all that property damage we saw in the trailer...
Wafflerobot, deadderek, Sav C and 1 others liked this
I don't think I've been this curious and excited over a movie since I was a kid. The trailer has got me wondering about several different things in it.

From the basic stuff like what happened to the Ghostbusters after the events of GB2 (or the Video game if its cannon). To other stuff like why would Egon (or whoever) keep a loaded Ghost trap under the floorboards in the house, when everything else seems to be stored in that secret underground lab? Why would Egon of all the original team be the one to move out to the sticks and live in a run down old house? If there hadn't been any ghost sightings for 30 years then when/why did they modify the Ecto 1 to have a gunner seat? What happened to the Containment unit? Or the entire Firehouse for that matter.
deadderek, Sav C, back liked this
Pdred1985 wrote: December 12th, 2019, 9:26 pm Not a big thing, but I noticed in the trailer when it's showing the Ecto-1 before it pulls out, it appears to be a white garage door lifting rather than at the barn. Almost like the sectional one you'd see in the suburbs.

Great point. I'd also point out that there's prairie grass stuck to the chassis, indicating that the car had already driven through the field by the time it ends up behind that garage door.

twmedford23, Sav C, Adub794 and 2 others liked this
ghoulishfright wrote: December 13th, 2019, 5:56 pm It may be highly improbable, but if Martin Scorsese can get Joe Pesci outta retirement, then maybe Bill Murray and the Reitman's could get Rick Moranis outta retirement. I mean, they're definitely gonna need a lawyer after all that property damage we saw in the trailer...
If you read the article as a whole, he also refutes the idea that he is retired. He just wants something substantial that meets his high standards.
groschopf liked this
No ghost sightings in 30 years?

Damn looks like Casper isn't canon:

SpaceBallz, tylergfoster, Sav C and 5 others liked this
Anyone else notice that when he shows the old footage to the kids when they arrive at Dana's apartment, it isn't the same thing from the movie? I assumed they just cut out a section from the original movie and aged it, but the way they're walking isn't the same as the film. Wonder if they reshot it? Unless they're just using an alternate camera angle, although the way they're walking together still appears different regardless. And when it shows Ecto-1 driving you don't really get that angle of the car that clear in the original movie, you can more so see the top rolling through the crowd. All just guesswork, of course.
Pdred1985 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 10:10 pm Anyone else notice that when he shows the old footage to the kids when they arrive at Dana's apartment, it isn't the same thing from the movie? I assumed they just cut out a section from the original movie and aged it, but the way they're walking isn't the same as the film. Wonder if they reshot it? Unless they're just using an alternate camera angle, although the way they're walking together still appears different regardless. And when it shows Ecto-1 driving you don't really get that angle of the car that clear in the original movie, you can more so see the top rolling through the crowd. All just guesswork, of course.
Yes It's alternate angle footage.
Pdred1985, Kingpin, robbritton and 1 others liked this
Pdred1985 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 10:10 pm Anyone else notice that when he shows the old footage to the kids when they arrive at Dana's apartment, it isn't the same thing from the movie? I assumed they just cut out a section from the original movie and aged it, but the way they're walking isn't the same as the film. Wonder if they reshot it? Unless they're just using an alternate camera angle, although the way they're walking together still appears different regardless. And when it shows Ecto-1 driving you don't really get that angle of the car that clear in the original movie, you can more so see the top rolling through the crowd. All just guesswork, of course.
The prevailing conclusion it was unused footage filmed from a different camera and spot than what was used in the first movie and it was recently unearthed from a collection stored in a mine, no really, but it's basically the bit at the 1 hour 20 minute mark right before they look up at the top of the Shandor building, Ray says his overtime line, and they fall in sink hole.
Pdred1985, robbritton, back liked this
Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]