Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
I remember my neighbor Earl telling me about some Ghostbusters phone line back in the day, but he didn't remember the number, and I wondered if he might be pulling my leg. When I got a copy of Making Ghostbusters in the late 80s and read Michael Gross' description of the 'junk buy', I realized Earl wasn't lying, and I've wanted to hear this ever since. I even did a My Ghostbusters Pet Peeves video about it two years ago.

I was floored today when I was scrolling Facebook and saw a post by Dylan Griffin sharing the Southland Ghostbusters' new video.

https://www.facebook.com/SouthlandGhost ... 562216990/

This gives me new hope that perhaps someday we might yet discover the origin of the other audio obsession of mine... the Mystery Voice in the Sedgewick.

Alex
mrmichaelt, robbritton, deadderek and 4 others liked this
Hey guys, this was my find. Found it in a torrent supposedly from MTV, but the clip itself is a news segment that actually came from CNN. The video that we posted wasn't what I found. The audio/video was really rough. I went frame to frame from what was shown and matched it up to the blu-ray. Plus, the audio is cleaned up as much as it could be. It was slightly worse. I somewhat remastered it. The font I used is also the same. I can post the actual clip if you like?
Alex Newborn liked this
This is an amazing find, and it's great that nearly 4 decades later fellow fans are still uncovering new content!

Always awesome to hear Venkman and Stantz. :D
Thanks, but it was totally by accident. I was looking for the Night Flight fan club commercial and stumbled onto the recordings. Oddly, they were uploaded in 2016 by a user named auburn3020, so it's been out there for a while. However, they uploaded an improved rip as of November of last year. All credit goes to them as I am just a middle man. I actually didn't think it was a big deal as I thought the material was already out there. Certainly didn't realize that it was a rediscovery. Our group has a chat we use on our phones which I posted these too. One of our members posted it to our facebook and as of yesterday, didn't realize it was lost for all this time. The response was surprising but I am just glad its out there and people are getting to hear/see it and are enjoying it.
Alex Newborn liked this
JA Slow wrote: August 31st, 2020, 3:27 pm I thought posts couldn't be deleted because of coding methods or whatever.
There is (or was) a restriction on users deleting their own posts, put in as a measure to prevent people vandalising their own topics, or hiding evidence if they'd been involved in a flame war.

There's no such restriction when it comes to Moderators removing posts.
The Mods aren't obligated to inform members that posts have been removed - but for clarity, I removed it, and I did so because the remark you made in regards to the 2016 movie was entirely irrelevant to the subject of the recorded message.
Kingpin wrote: August 31st, 2020, 4:21 pm
JA Slow wrote: August 31st, 2020, 3:27 pm I thought posts couldn't be deleted because of coding methods or whatever.
There is (or was) a restriction on users deleting their own posts, put in as a measure to prevent people vandalising their own topics, or hiding evidence if they'd been involved in a flame war.

There's no such restriction when it comes to Moderators removing posts.
The Mods aren't obligated to inform members that posts have been removed - but for clarity, I removed it, and I did so because the remark you made in regards to the 2016 movie was entirely irrelevant to the subject of the recorded message.
In other words, censorship.
deadderek liked this
Alex Newborn wrote: July 5th, 2020, 12:47 pmhttp://protoncharging.com/audio/Ghostbustersad1.mp3

http://protoncharging.com/audio/Ghostbustersad2.mp3 (Edie McClurg)

Enjoy!

Alex
Holy crap that is cool. Just when I think I've seen and heard about every random clip....
Alex Newborn liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]