By Heatley2001
Im thinking of getting the GBfans sound board. I know it will work with the spongeface spirit pack light kit. For the wand i made my own light kit piecing things together. Was wondering if i could wire my homemade lights into the soundboard.

Thank you.
By mike_waclo
Someone may be more of an authority on this, but looking at the boards, I think you might need to have the GBFans Wand Light board at least as an interface with the sound board, even if you use your own lights.

You can see on the sound board that there are screw terminals to wire up to your own wand switches, shown on the left of this photo...

However, there are no connection points for lights here, other than via the ribbon cables.

Looking at the light board that connects inside the wand, you can see that the lights all attach at the top, via a single strip connector, although it looks like you might be able to reconnect your own lights into that connector, if you wanted to.

Again... I could be way off-base, so I defer to anyone else who might be more experienced with the electronic kits. I just got all of the GBfans sets, and it was pretty much plug-and-play.
By Heatley2001
i have sponge faces spirit light kit which can work with the gbfans soundboard. But sadly the wand light board wont fit in an 80% wand. Atleast not to my knowledge. i was hoping i could just wire in my switches to the board but then i lose the wand light.
By The Joker Buster
What all is needed to put together a full sound and light gbfans kit?
By Fitzhume
Heatley2001 wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 7:27 pm i have sponge faces spirit light kit which can work with the gbfans soundboard. But sadly the wand light board wont fit in an 80% wand. Atleast not to my knowledge. i was hoping i could just wire in my switches to the board but then i lose the wand light.
I have seen pictures of people that have put the GBfans wand board in an 80% wand gun box. They just created a grove on each side of the front and back of the box to slide the card in like and old pc/server board. Of course, this would only work if the gun box is made of plastic or resin.

Here is an image of that:

https://scontent.fosu1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5EDA4D9D

This image may be of an 84% wand and not 80%. Just a thought though.
Heatley2001 liked this
By Heatley2001
Thats awesome. Mine is 3d printed so i think its to thin to create a groove for the board. But i could upgrage to a 84% and have a chance to install the board.

I wish someone made 80% size wand light kits. unless someone does and ive been missing it.
Fitzhume wrote: January 27th, 2020, 7:31 am
Heatley2001 wrote: January 23rd, 2020, 7:27 pm i have sponge faces spirit light kit which can work with the gbfans soundboard. But sadly the wand light board wont fit in an 80% wand. Atleast not to my knowledge. i was hoping i could just wire in my switches to the board but then i lose the wand light.
I have seen pictures of people that have put the GBfans wand board in an 80% wand gun box. They just created a grove on each side of the front and back of the box to slide the card in like and old pc/server board. Of course, this would only work if the gun box is made of plastic or resin.

Here is an image of that:

https://scontent.fosu1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5EDA4D9D

This image may be of an 84% wand and not 80%. Just a thought though.
By mike_waclo
Heatley2001 wrote: January 27th, 2020, 7:56 am Thats awesome. Mine is 3d printed so i think its to thin to create a groove for the board. But i could upgrage to a 84% and have a chance to install the board.

I wish someone made 80% size wand light kits. unless someone does and ive been missing it.
I think Doug (Ghostlab42) does sell a light kit specifically for the Spirit wand, that would definitely fit in an 80% wand. I think it might be simplified a bit though, and doesn't have all of the same toggles as a normal kit.
By Heatley2001
I thought the default spirit wand was 60%. So i think it may be to small. unless im wrong.
mike_waclo wrote: January 27th, 2020, 11:53 am
Heatley2001 wrote: January 27th, 2020, 7:56 am Thats awesome. Mine is 3d printed so i think its to thin to create a groove for the board. But i could upgrage to a 84% and have a chance to install the board.

I think Doug (Ghostlab42) does sell a light kit specifically for the Spirit wand, that would definitely fit in an 80% wand. I think it might be simplified a bit though, and doesn't have all of the same toggles as a normal kit.

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]