Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Alphagaia wrote: March 26th, 2020, 3:03 am
mrmichaelt wrote: March 25th, 2020, 7:35 pm Arjen Tuiten teased some more.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B-KpFNEjhWi ... e=ig_embed
Is Muncher able to possess metal objects? Because it's either a vat/tube of slime bursting at the seems or a possessed object.

Looking at the slime on the screws they are probably being pushed out.

That's a fibreglass mold, and at a guess, what was unhardened rubber leaking out of it, not ectoplasm.

My guess? The mold for a practical puppet/prop of the Muncher.
Alphagaia liked this
Timo wrote: March 26th, 2020, 2:29 am Yes, that's a mini Puft!
Cool! Thanks for confirming.
Alphagaia wrote: March 26th, 2020, 3:03 am Is Muncher able to possess metal objects? Because it's either a vat/tube of slime bursting at the seems or a possessed object.

Looking at the slime on the screws they are probably being pushed out.
Interesting idea. Until now, we've only seen that Muncher eats 'em.

Maybe the blue rubber (?) could just be coincidental and it's some fiberglass mold that incorporated screws. That's definitely fiberglass.

EDIT: Ninja'ed by Kingpin. lol.
That mould could be for anything.
The colour of the silicone that we see is not indicitive of what will be cast from it.
It's a standard colouration for rtv silicone.

This is a matrix mould in the process of having the silicone layer poured over whatever sculpture or prop is encased inside the fiberglass jacket.
The screws on the side are actively blocking bleeder holes that allow trapped air to escape as the level of silicone rises and fills the mould.
You add the screws a section at a time once the silicone begins to bleed through until the mould is filled.

It could be anything from a prop, creature head underskull, costume peice and everything in between.
I doubt that it's any sort of foam latex or silicone creature skin or prosthetic makeup appliance as those are generally cast from much different looking moulds, designed specifically for that purpose.

As a guess, I would say that it's more likely to be something that will be a somewhat solid casting given that there's a silicone layer involved due to the general rule of thumb that hard parts come from soft moulds and soft parts come from hard moulds (usually a rigid mould comprised of just fiberglass, resins or plaster with no soft inner silicone layer)

RichardLess, robbritton, Alphagaia and 3 others liked this
RedSpecial wrote: March 26th, 2020, 8:46 am That mould could be for anything.
The colour of the silicone that we see is not indicitive of what will be cast from it.
It's a standard colouration for rtv silicone.

This is a matrix mould in the process of having the silicone layer poured over whatever sculpture or prop is encased inside the fiberglass jacket.
The screws on the side are actively blocking bleeder holes that allow trapped air to escape as the level of silicone rises and fills the mould.
You add the screws a section at a time once the silicone begins to bleed through until the mould is filled.

It could be anything from a prop, creature head underskull, costume peice and everything in between.
I doubt that it's any sort or prosthetic makeup appliance as those are generally cast from much different looking moulds, designed specifically for that purpose or a foam latex or silicone creature skin.

As a guess, I would say that it's more likely to be something that will be a somewhat solid casting given that there's a silicone layer involved due to the general rule of thumb that hard parts come from soft moulds and soft parts come from hard moulds (usually a rigid mould comprised of just fiberglass, resins or plaster with no soft inner layer)
Great post! Always awesome to see someone bring their knowledge to the table which brings us further from random guess work to actual intel.

Plus, who doesn’t love learning something new?

Great post.
RedSpecial, Kingpin, Alphagaia and 1 others liked this
Cheers
It's nice to be able to babble about my obsessions every once in a while [emoji3526]

Hopefully w'ell get some more teases along these lines.
I'm really looking forward to seeing what behind the scenes material comes from this.
It would be great to see an indepth feature on the home release, focused on the production of all the practical work produced for the movie.
Glenn Frederick wrote: March 28th, 2020, 8:57 pm That pic wouldn't be a close up of one of these would it?

Is that new merch? I need that NOW. :)
So this is maybe the most bizarrely random thing that will ever get posted on here but this week I watched Tiger King on Netflix (which if you have not I really don't even know how to describe it. LOL!) but it is mostly set in Oklahoma and there were a few parts of it that showed the little town some of them are from and I was like "Man that seriously looks like the set of Afterlife"! Did anybody else see that show and think about the new movie when looking at the background? It appears to me that they done some serious research into what a rural OK town looks like and I was thinking "is that the Sheriff's dpt from Afterlife???" during some of the scenes. Even though I knew it actually wasn't. I'm just saying it really seems like they've went all out for this and I hope that's the case!
RichardLess wrote: March 29th, 2020, 2:07 am Oh shit. My bad. Saw it retweeted by the Ghostbusters News account. It’s obviously a fan page. No blue check mark, barely any followers.
No worries. These kind of sites pop up in times like this. Official or not, out of context posts on social media... ugh. Pet peeve. Boy to have been on that temple set, I probably could have stared at the real doors forever.

But yes, that notebook was part of the 35th anniversary set from Gamestop.
https://www.gamestop.com/toys-collectib ... 76044.html

But that temple art looked familiar. It was the same used by Insight for their collector variant of The Ultimate Visual History book which was really a replica of the sculpt of the Temple of Gozer doors used in the actual movie.
https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/g ... les-902694
Sav C liked this
Timo wrote: March 29th, 2020, 8:04 am The temple door may be from the book and the account may be not legit, but.
I appreciate the thought, but I don't think there's a "but" here. It's just like that other account showing photos supposedly of the Wrecto and equipment props.
SpaceBallz liked this
(taken from Runtime thread)
RichardLess wrote: March 29th, 2020, 8:18 am
That’s a lot of maybe’s. What do you think of the idea of mini pufts? I can see them being used in a “subvert expectation joke”. We hear the rumbling, catch a quick glimpse of the sailor hat. The audience is expecting the Giant Mr. Stay Puft and...instead it’s a legion of tiny itty bitty ones. It could work. It just feels a bit lazy. I don’t know. Here I am criticizing an idea I haven’t even seen realized. That’s fandom in a nut shell tho innit.

I mean..we are already getting Gozer and terror dogs. Let’s be honest, Slimer is going to show up. It’s going to happen. I can see the critics sharpening their knives already. Especially with “Muncher” being a Slimer clone.

With everyone on lockdown and nothing but crappy news, getting a new trailer out ASAP should be a good idea. Hopefully.
The first Gremlins is an all time favorite of mine and the idea of a small town being swarmed with paranormal beings multiplying out of control, if that's what's going on with these Mini Pufts, is appealing to me. Afterlife's situation likely won't be 1:1 to what happened in Gremlins, but could be potentially entertaining. It would "force" the cast to, I would guess, finish the work of Egon and Ray if it's an actual plot point - to figure out how to deposit entities into the ethereal plane. Basically do a reverse cross rip and pull the deluge of Mini Pufts, Muncher, and/or whatever else like what we concluded is at least one Terror Dog through a portal then to effectively close it BUT not just temporarily like the little Dutch boy Hanks Brinker trying to plug the dam and not causing a devastating explosion - an explosion that could very likely level the town and surrounding area.
mrmichaelt wrote: March 29th, 2020, 8:44 pm (taken from Runtime thread)
That’s a lot of maybe’s. What do you think of the idea of mini pufts? I can see them being used in a “subvert expectation joke”. We hear the rumbling, catch a quick glimpse of the sailor hat. The audience is expecting the Giant Mr. Stay Puft and...instead it’s a legion of tiny itty bitty ones. It could work. It just feels a bit lazy. I don’t know. Here I am criticizing an idea I haven’t even seen realized. That’s fandom in a nut shell tho innit.

I mean..we are already getting Gozer and terror dogs. Let’s be honest, Slimer is going to show up. It’s going to happen. I can see the critics sharpening their knives already. Especially with “Muncher” being a Slimer clone.

With everyone on lockdown and nothing but crappy news, getting a new trailer out ASAP should be a good idea. Hopefully.
The first Gremlins is an all time favorite of mine and the idea of a small town being swarmed with paranormal beings multiplying out of control, if that's what's going on with these Mini Pufts, is appealing to me. Afterlife's situation likely won't be 1:1 to what happened in Gremlins, but could be potentially entertaining. It would "force" the cast to, I would guess, finish the work of Egon and Ray if it's an actual plot point - to figure out how to deposit entities into the ethereal plane. Basically do a reverse cross rip and pull the deluge of Mini Pufts, Muncher, and/or whatever else like what we concluded is at least one Terror Dog through a portal then to effectively close it BUT not just temporarily like the little Dutch boy Hanks Brinker trying to plug the dam and not causing a devastating explosion - an explosion that could very likely level the town and surrounding area.
All this talk and hype about the Mini Pufts and watch it be a 3 second scene that ends up on the cutting room floor only for it to bother the next generation of GB fans for the next 25 years until Sony(or more likely Disney in 25 years) finally release the deleted scene on the virtual reality market place in Super Duper 18K HD
mrmichaelt, Sav C liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: March 29th, 2020, 8:44 pm (taken from Runtime thread)

I am also very curious about how long the town has been shaking. Like has it been shaking since Egon settlled there? Has it been shaking since the miners were killed? How much worse are those earthquakes going to get? I have said this before, but I am getting a strong Lost Boys vibe from this movie the more I watch the trailer. Like how the first half of the movie focuses on Michael and his encounter with the Vampires and the final part of the film is Sam and the Frog Brothers going with Micheal to hunt the vampires down. I am thinking we are going to get that here. Most of the movie will focus on Trevor, Phoebe and their friends, and of course Mr Grooberson and Callie talking about the town's history. I am thinking of the remaining originals as the Frog Brothers in this situation. If Grooberson and Callie arenot involved in the fighting of the ghosts then there is a strong possibility that they could be the new Keymaster and Gatekeeper starting a crossrip in Summerville. I am thinking the final act will definately have the OGs and the kids going down into the mine for a big final showdown. I am getting the chills at the possibilities going on here. Should be fun. :):):)
Last edited by Kingpin on March 30th, 2020, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed broken quote.

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]

Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]