Coover5 wrote:Wow, only sold for $1,000. That would have been a cool piece of GB history to have.
He Probably would have gotten more than $1000 but due to the backlash he received after he originally tried to sell it as a screen used 1984 Proton Pack worn by Bill Murray, I'm sure he was glad just glad to get rid of it.

In his original description he stated he found it in a storage unit.
By ccv66
I seen it when the guy called it a Murray Stunt pack. Knew it wasn't a stunt pack. Just weird, it was accurate old but still way off. Like some had the right pieces but didn't know where they went. Universal pack makes sense. It would be cool to get a closer look at it
By Coover5
I still prefer the classic proton pack but something I always admired about the universal pack is how well it looked with lights on or off. I love my gb2 pack replica but find I need the lights on to enjoy it on display.
Delta, thank you very much. Appreciate that. This is pretty badass. Seen this once as a kid at Universal. I'll always prefer the movie or RGB packs but this is the next best thing. I may decide to model this at some point in the future just for the hell of it.
Wow... saw this thing as kid some 30 years ago... back then I thought it was the real thing! But looking at these pictures now it's like learning your childhood hero was a fraud. Still, the amount of abuse these packs had to take every single day likely necessitated a lot of the design decisions like a solid wooden block for the wand and all the parts hard molded into the frame.
By delta88
Scuba Steve wrote:Wow... saw this thing as kid some 30 years ago... back then I thought it was the real thing! But looking at these pictures now it's like learning your childhood hero was a fraud. Still, the amount of abuse these packs had to take every single day likely necessitated a lot of the design decisions like a solid wooden block for the wand and all the parts hard molded into the frame.
The wand cable is super rigid. I've accidentally dropped the wand 3 or 4 times messing with the pack. I cant imagine the hundreds of times it was knocked off its v hook during its heyday.
What is up with that bumper, looks like a normal one more or less, but were it attached to the pack it curves in, that's super weird, is that a found piece they used, or something they molded up just for these packs?
By delta88
Harry Bardwell wrote:What is up with that bumper, looks like a normal one more or less, but were it attached to the pack it curves in, that's super weird, is that a found piece they used, or something they molded up just for these packs?
Alot of mold lines. I think it was a sculpted piece that was replicated.
By Mat
So awesome in it's own unique way! Even more awesome is that a part of the history of the franchise landed into the hands of a collector willing to share pictures of the universal pack with us! If the earlier versions are anything to go by you can definitely tell as the show went on they were made to be more blinky but at the same time simplified to more than likely be easier to wear and be more durable!

Thanks for sharing! ^_^
Just wondering, do you have a video with the lights ? I have a bug to try and make a pack similar to this and was curious how the lighting effects played out. Thanks in advance.
delta88 wrote: March 24th, 2020, 7:22 pm Looks like the cannibalized an old Makita drill for the battery pack.Image
So I have to ask Is the Universal Proton Pack just a casting shell? that shot of the Makita drill makes me think its a mold negative as it looks to have more detail on the inside... Pleas tell me its not A original 1984 Mold Negative.
twmedford23 liked this
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he does[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]