Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By Doctor Venkman
The RGB re-release is just... amazing. I had literally just commented the day before the reveal about "what I wouldn't give to have the feeling of pulling the plastic bubble off that distinctive purple backing again." I never in my wildest dreams would've thought I'd actually get that opportunity. I ordered them immediately when they went live. Plan on keeping one set in box and tearing open another... and man... I think I might actually get emotional opening them.
NotSabbat, deadderek liked this
By Peter Venkman Jr.
Just a quick heads up for anyone that did not get a chance to order from Wal Mart before the links got taken down, Zavvi in the United Kingdom still has all six action figures for sale and they do ship internationally.
By slaysghosts
some dude already has a shipping box and a figure(s). He posted it on instagram, teenagemutantghostbuster is his name. Back of card is like the original with the four busters, how to use stream, but omits picture of child playing with Kenner ghost projection wand. Shipping box said KENNER CLASSICS and then GHOSTBUSTERS in smaller font underneath.
By Doctor Venkman
Some figures have started to surface on eBay (albeit at premium prices to get them in hand right now). Someone bought a Venkman and did a review on YouTube. There's definitely some minor differences in the sculpt... but the biggest thing is the peg for the proton packs is different. So the packs for the re-release cannot be used on the original figures.

deadderek liked this
By ccv66
I don't have any of the original 1st waive in box Kenner stuff, but I am glad the re issues are different enough not to undercut the market. I just want something to display on my wall. Kind of a bummer the packs won't swap with the original figures. I wonder if their fright 5" movie figures packs will swap with the Kenner re issues
By Fritz
ccv66 wrote: March 31st, 2020, 4:47 pm I don't have any of the original 1st waive in box Kenner stuff, but I am glad the re issues are different enough not to undercut the market. I just want something to display on my wall. Kind of a bummer the packs won't swap with the original figures. I wonder if their fright 5" movie figures packs will swap with the Kenner re issues
I wonder that too. I personally really hope so--I'm more likely to get the new Fright Feature figures if they do.
By greg
I personnaly wonder about one thing : with the movie postponed, and the corona stuff, won't Hasbro also postpone the re-issuing of the kenner line?
By Kingpin
greg wrote: April 4th, 2020, 4:24 pm I personnaly wonder about one thing : with the movie postponed, and the corona stuff, won't Hasbro also postpone the re-issuing of the kenner line?
It's extremely likely if not a certainty.
By greg
Commercial logic would suggest a change.
But on the other hand, the release was meant to be prior to the movie, and they have a big bunch of pre-orders.
I would say 50/50 chances
By grantofkings
Dorksidetoys mentioned on another forum that the Plasma series figures would probably still hit around June, but everything else is looking like it will be delayed. Because it’s a Walmart exclusive, they didn’t know about the Kenner figures.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
Even if it their is a delay in getting my reissued Kenner Real Ghostbusters action figures shipped, it will be worth the wait.
For a long time now, I have dreamed about how cool it would be for Hasbro to reissue the 1980's Real Ghostbusters action figures. Many other toy companies have reissued older toys with great fanfare from adult collectors, and I am sure that when the Kenner reissues arrive in the hands of fans it will have a similar reaction.
By Jangonate

Guy in my collecting group has a whole case of these. This is his review.
Last edited by Kingpin on April 17th, 2020, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added youtube code
By ccv66
With all the companies that made 6" figures, pretty sure you'll have all the accessories and ghost you'll need. Really wish Matty would have done the Ecto now. Big of a fan of DST, but it's disappointing that a smaller scale had better head sculps
By delta88
slaysghosts wrote:What do you think of it?
The figure itself is great. Very, very nice in person. The accessories will drag it down for a lot of people. They dont match the quality of the figure. Had to use stuff from previous lines.
By featofstrength
Haha...that's supposed to be Dan? Better than Bill's, I guess.

And everything else looks bland. Great articulation, but needs a black paint wash and zipper detailing...that we shouldn't have to do ourselves.
By Wiggyof9
If the Hasbro figures had more paint instead of casting everything in the color it was meant for then these would look a lot better. As it is, the suits are just way too plastic looking and flat. I do think they look fairly good and if we never had any other Ghostbusters figure then these would be amazing. However, it is hard to get excited about these when it is the 3rd GB line basically back to back.

I would be far more excited if they moved 2 of the OGBs to wave 2 and replaced them this wave with some ghosts. I am very surprised that they did not put out Slimer in wave 1 though. Maybe the idea will be that wave 2 is a ghost wave? The BaF being Zuul, have a possessed Luis, then maybe Peck and 4 ghosts (Slimer, Subway Ghost, Library Ghost, and Taxi Cab ghost).
By Wiggyof9
The scale is weird. How do they scale with Power Rangers Lightning Collection or MCU Marvel Legends?

I think these are the same scale as the Mattel stuff so I guess the lines are compatible in some way. So if they never get to Peck or Luis, I guess we can use the old ones in the same display. Same with the ghosts.

This is a weird move by Hasbro. I get not being the same as Marvel Legeds since they run big anyway, but at least make them true ^ inch scale then instead of this weird 5.6 stuff. But whatever. I don't really mix and match my collections anyway so I guess this doesn't really hurt things for me in anyway. If anything, they will just look even more in scale with the DST roof scene. Looks like I will put my DST stuff with the fire house and the Hasbro stuff with the roof top.
ccv66 liked this
By toby88
slaysghosts wrote: April 22nd, 2020, 1:12 pm Maybe collectingwarehouse.com? But know, apparently the bubble is bigger on the reissues in front of the ghost than the OG's.
The company Toy Shield sells cases for the Original Kenner line and I took measurements of the Hasbro, they seem to fit just right. 8.5"x 12" on the card and the Ghost bubble is 2" deep, the case can hold up to 2.4" deep.
By ProtonPack83
I've seen multiple reports of the RETRO figures being found, even in my home state of PA here, yet I couldn't locate any from the 10 Wal-Marts around me. Nothing put out, no employees even knew what I was talking about and I call for the toy department every time. I was hoping the role play stuff would get released too, but I get that it makes sense to hold all that back for actual movie. I think it's supremely stupid they pushed it all the way back to March 2021 - completely nullifying all the hype and steam the movie had with fans. What on earth were they thinking? This is a tentpole film - March??! What is happening in March? Sony is beyond stupid - you'd think they'd go for December 2020 at least for the holidays or even better October 2020 to blend into the perfectly mating Halloween season, but they pick....March? I'll never understand that...
By Kingpin
ProtonPack83 wrote: April 26th, 2020, 8:39 pmI think it's supremely stupid they pushed it all the way back to March 2021
While your frustration is understandable, I really do think you need to make your peace with the new release date as your restating of it being "stupid" is getting repetitive.
ProtonPack83 wrote: April 26th, 2020, 8:39 pmWhat on earth were they thinking?
-That they didn't want to kill their f****g customers and/or staff.
Glenn Frederick liked this
By Wiggyof9
They also didn't want to kill their chances of making even a slim profit on the movie. Major cities are going to be in lock down for awhile. NYC at least until May 15, but I suspect it may be longer. And even then, I imagine we will see a lot less people in theaters this summer, at least at the start. Just be glad they didn't push it all the way to July of 2021 to keep it as a summer block buster.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he does[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]