Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I am just as if not more disappointed that the film was delayed then anyone else. I mean, this really sucks man!

That said, i for one totally understand the health crisis. If its unsafe to come out, then its unsafe to come out. Its just that simple.

THAT SAID...I still think October is a more reasonable and practical matter then March, (even though it is early March) and i do wish sony would shift it to October and then put Venom 2 in March and then it can be back to back with Mobius!

Makes more sense to me that way, but thats also a bias opinion because i want to see the film THIS YEAR!

But alas its not my call its Sony's and if i have to wait i will wait..

But on the flip side of that coin, there is no reason they cant re adjust their schedule to push it back to this year once this whole thing blows over!
pizzarat liked this
If the early insider screenings are truly off the scale, Jason should be assembling ideas for a sequel!

Just like the 007 producers should start casting the next Bond actor and get the writers started on the next film during the delay to November...

I don’t want to wait another 35 years!
pizzarat liked this
Ectojeff88 wrote:If the early insider screenings are truly off the scale, Jason should be assembling ideas for a sequel!

Just like the 007 producers should start casting the next Bond actor and get the writers started on the next film during the delay to November...

I don’t want to wait another 35 years!

Oh I have no doubt that we will see more from this franchise. It is a bit of a bummer that the film has been delayed, but if March next year is the best time to get the best results so be it. I am not exactly itching for a sequel to Afterlife at this point though. I am sure that I am going to love all the new characters, but I get the feeling that GBA is just answering the big questions that most fans have had since the last film. What happened to the Ghostbusters business after the events of the last film and what are the characters that we grew up with up to today. It will also give us a clear glimpse where the world is going. When Ivan Reitman made the original film he didn't feel the movie needed a sequel. By the end of the movie everything is wrapped up very well. I think we will get the same kind of thing from this movie. Will there be a sequel. If it is successful probably, but I doubt that a sequel would have the same kind of love and effort put into it as we are seeing put into this one.

If it happens I do hope I am wrong. ;)

I would love to see the tv series Ecto Force become a reality. Something about focusing on a fresh team of Ghostbusters traveling the world teaming up with other Ghostbusters teams just sounds awesome. Then of course there is that feature length animated film I would love to see happen. :)

Who knows what else could become a reality if all of these ideas are a hit. :):):)
Been out for two days thx to being quite sick, but while it's airpipe related, the doctors don't think it's Covid-19.

Last few days have been rough though, splitting headache and a sore throat that hurts when I swallow and I feel as if Slimer has taken residence just behind my gums giving me the option of swallowing his secretions or spitting them out. However, if I spit, my throat dries out and I'm in more pain. Having to choose between those options every 5 minutes or so makes it hard to sleep, but at least I'm grateful I didn't visit my parents. My mom is in a frail state and if she catches anything she will most likely die.

This makes the delay extra hard for me as I wanted to show her this movie as she took me to the first one when I was five.

But I understand it.

I don't think August is a good fit for a few reasons.

Merchandise is probably postponed as no one is probably working those machines, especially if those machines are in China.

The pendamic will take a huge impact on the financial and psychological tole on people that I don't think is fixed in August.

We might get a round two of this, once we go back out there.

Anyway, I hope you all stay safe, and let's hope next year our economies and health are back to normal!
lozbloke, Kingpin, groschopf and 2 others liked this
Alphagaia wrote: April 1st, 2020, 11:58 am Been out for two days thx to being quite sick, but while it's airpipe related, the doctors don't think it's Covid-19.

Last few days have been rough though, splitting headache and a sore throat that hurts when I swallow and I feel as if Slimer has taken residence just behind my gums giving me the option of swallowing his secretions or spitting them out. However, if I spit, my throat dries out and I'm in more pain. Having to choose between those options every 5 minutes or so makes it hard to sleep, but at least I'm grateful I didn't visit my parents. My mom is in a frail state and if she catches anything she will most likely die.

This makes the delay extra hard for me as I wanted to show her this movie as she took me to the first one when I was five.

But I understand it.

I don't think August is a good fit for a few reasons.

Merchandise is probably postponed as no one is probably working those machines, especially if those machines are in China.

The pendamic will take a huge impact on the financial and psychological tole on people that I don't think is fixed in August.

We might get a round two of this, once we go back out there.

Anyway, I hope you all stay safe, and let's hope next year our economies and health are back to normal!
Oh man that sounds awful. Sending good thoughts, positive vibes, and well wishes from across the Ocean. Feel better and stay strong!
Alphagaia liked this
Just a small thing...

This is some kind of alcohol themed talk show. But Oliver Cooper was on it. At the very end, like the last 8 minutes, he plugs for the movie. Says he was filming 4 days. So that's a tiny tidbit to add to the rest.
Last edited by Kingpin on April 2nd, 2020, 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added youtube code
deadderek, mrmichaelt liked this
janeb984 wrote: April 1st, 2020, 11:51 pm Just a small thing...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhKBMSemmBs

This is some kind of alcohol themed talk show. But Oliver Cooper was on it. At the very end, like the last 8 minutes, he plugs for the movie. Says he was filming 4 days. So that's a tiny tidbit to add to the rest.
My guess is he plays Elton Spengler, a relative of Egon's. Cool link, good find.
SSJmole wrote: December 13th, 2019, 4:58 am
GBfan77 wrote: December 13th, 2019, 3:52 am
Just out of curiosity I thought I'd check out the original trailer for Ghostbusters. Do you know how many jokes were in it? Just one. The same amount in the Afterlife trailer.

This one? There's at least 5 most of them Peter

It's also less for a better term "angsty"
This one.
Last edited by Kingpin on April 2nd, 2020, 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added youtube code
GBfan77 wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 3:00 am

This one.
There's a few jokes in that one as well. Just like the other one it starts 'serious' by spoofing some horror tropes with the damsel in distress, but as soon as the voice-over goes well, they are out there the tone changes and we see all the best known comedy actors for that time in weird uniforms. We are used to it now, but for that time 'busting ghosts' was the joke.
Last edited by Kingpin on April 2nd, 2020, 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added youtube code
GBfan77 wrote: April 2nd, 2020, 3:00 am

This one.
Man..it’s crazy how different the movie would’ve been had Ivan selected that song featured in that teaser instead of Ray Parker Jr. It’s much more National Lampoons Vacation style. I wonder what other rejected GB theme songs there are.

Yeah while it’s true there’s only 1 joke(besides the narrator going on about ghosts not having the decency to stay dead) but back then when you saw Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis and Rick Moranis, you KNEW it was a comedy. With only so much time it was wiser to advertise the concept than the comedy.
Last edited by Kingpin on April 2nd, 2020, 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added youtube code
I pick and choose what I want out of the package. Funkos always come out of the package. I collect them because they are durable and affordable. Kenner figures are affordable enough I'd get doubles of everything. For me a big reason for a toy to stay in packaging is because I like the packaging as well. Like the Kenner figures. I find the packaging very well done. On other figures like the Diamond Select figures I did not find the packaging impressive so I took the figures out.
Germany now gets Afterlife a day before the United States.

Before this all went down with the virus, I recall Australia was getting it early as well.

No matter what country gets it first, once it comes out I'm off the internet until I see it.

I REALLY don't want any spoilers on this one.
zeta otaku liked this
Kingpin wrote: April 4th, 2020, 5:37 pm
greg wrote: April 4th, 2020, 4:29 pm I mean this kind of gadgets looks a bit, well, childish, sorry ^^
Well... It is a bunch of children getting to grips with the equipment. :whatever:
Well the thing is that the trailer makes me think more about a crossover : Ghostbusters/the Goonies than a « pure » ghostbusters movie.
Btw. Since you are a moderator: is it normal that i can’t send any pms? Has this functionnality been disabled on the forum? Just wondering.
greg wrote: April 4th, 2020, 4:29 pm
groschopf wrote: April 3rd, 2020, 6:38 pm Radio controlled ecto trap confirmed.

source: https://ghostbustersnews.com/2020/04/03 ... k-spoiler/
I am a bit concerned that this movie might target kids a bit too much and be childish. I mean this kind of gadgets looks a bit, well, childish, sorry ^^
A trap on big wheels looks childish to you? Something tells me you wouldn’t be saying that had the trailer not prominently features kids. Be honest, if you didn’t know a single thing about GBA, would you be saying it looks childish? I doubt it.

I mean..how does that look childish? It’s not painted bright blue or made out of LEGO pieces. It’s big wheels. On a trap. I don’t see the connection.

In your opinion how could it look more “adult” in comparison? If it quoted Faulkner or Tennessee Williams as it rolls along? Or perhaps they show the trap purchasing alcohol or getting into an R rated movie?

It looks like robotic company Boston Dynamics made that trap.
deadderek, Arty V, Spectregater and 3 others liked this

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]