By Kingpin
I also believe 1A's clear lightbars have been repurposed for that, or possibly even both Wrectomobiles (with an application of transparent blue paint, or some sort of film adhesive).
By sprprops
Also 1 of the 2 cars in the new film has a high fuel cap and 1 has a low cap. 1A and ecto1 had low caps and the car the guy claims he sold to Sony also has a low cap.
By Kingpin
sprprops wrote: January 11th, 2020, 12:15 pm Also 1 of the 2 cars in the new film has a high fuel cap and 1 has a low cap. 1A and ecto1 had low caps and the car the guy claims he sold to Sony also has a low cap.
Both of the Wrecto-1 props feature a raised gas cap, indicating the gas caps were moved on both the "patina" car that was sold to the production, and a likely repurposed Ecto-1A.
By danimal
CorrEcto! There was even an article about a month ago where production had stated the re-purposing of 1A towards the new film.
By greg
So 1a still exists and has been used for afterlife? Does someone have this article?
I had no idea about this. Thought the car had been scrapped by now.
By RealGhostbusterJay
I actually love this. I love that the car got fixed (all but cosmetically if you will) and the fact that the original cast rode in the car. It's not totally some "new" car they made to look like the original. The 1A gets to keep on being used because if the film does well...they'll probably keep using it even if they repaint it to look newer again. Much happier about this then it sitting and rotting.
Kingpin liked this

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]