This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By DJVinx
One man's trash is another man's treasure...

I found this oh so 80's aluminum briefcase by a dumpster... It was missing its handle and was very dirty.

I gave it the much needed scrubbing, a new handle was 3D printed & I bought replacement foam at the local Canadian Tire. I present you my new equipment carrying case! :cool:

The only thing missing is the no ghost logo on the front. I will update the pics once I get it.

Last edited by DJVinx on June 18th, 2020, 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Macktacular
Very cool! The natural weathering of the case make it that much better. The fact that it's functional but also a neat display is a win-win to me. Planning on any other labels other than the No Ghost logo? I'm a fan of those metal-punch labels with "property of" or "if found return to" type stuff.
DJVinx liked this
By DJVinx
Macktacular wrote: June 30th, 2020, 4:50 pm Very cool! The natural weathering of the case make it that much better. The fact that it's functional but also a neat display is a win-win to me. Planning on any other labels other than the No Ghost logo? I'm a fan of those metal-punch labels with "property of" or "if found return to" type stuff.

Yes indeed, I eventually want to make a metal puched ID tag on the case and a install somewhere inside some kind of "GhostCorp Authorized Licensee" ID card with holder in it.

Update: Here's the installed logo! It fits right in with the red handle.

Macktacular liked this
By abritinthebay
That is wonderful. I'm curious as to the dimensions of the case? Because that's such a great fit I'd love to use it as a guide for building/finding my own!
DJVinx liked this
By DJVinx
abritinthebay wrote: July 6th, 2020, 1:51 pm That is wonderful. I'm curious as to the dimensions of the case? Because that's such a great fit I'd love to use it as a guide for building/finding my own!

It's 17 in x 21 in x 8 in.
By Macktacular
DJVinx wrote: July 6th, 2020, 7:58 am Yes indeed, I eventually want to make a metal puched ID tag on the case and a install somewhere inside some kind of "GhostCorp Authorized Licensee" ID card with holder in it.

Update: Here's the installed logo! It fits right in with the red handle.

Niiiiiice. Those metal punched plates always look so industrial and professional, it'll make the case look even better (and it already looks damn good). And I gotta say the red handle was a really good call, you're right, it works so well with the logo. One thing I think'll look great, and will come with general wear and tear as you move it around to cons and such, will be the eventual distressing on the logo and handle - they'll come to match the wear on the case and just give it a little extra touch of realism - I think you've got a real fun prop there that'll just get better and better.
DJVinx liked this

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]