Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By janeb984
Without going into specific spoiler territory... I'll just say, I thought the ending was foreshadowing GB 2. I mean, this arc DID take place not long after the events in 1984.

I dont see the correlation... can you elaborate without spoilers?
By mrmichaelt
Without spoiling it, is the ending a reference to afterlife? If so its so vague I don't see the point.
It could be if you don't count, well, that he died once then got resurrected then targeted by Death, lol. I do suspect Winston's computer line at the end of #1 might be another allusion to Afterlife. Whereas, Ray and Peter's endings in #2 and #3 were allusions to GB2.
By Bison256
Without spoiling it, is the ending a reference to afterlife? If so its so vague I don't see the point.
It could be if you don't count, well, that he died once then got resurrected then targeted by Death, lol. I do suspect Winston's computer line at the end of #1 might be another allusion to Afterlife. Whereas, Ray and Peter's endings in #2 and #3 were allusions to GB2.
Actually he died and was resurrected twice if you count The Other Side, which I personal don't. I didn't care for the early one shots.
By Sayscalled
Without going into specific spoiler territory... I'll just say, I thought the ending was foreshadowing GB 2. I mean, this arc DID take place not long after the events in 1984.
I dont see the correlation... can you elaborate without spoilers?
Color of the slime. Demonic being.
By Bison256
I just realized possible foreshadowing aside the ending is a reference to
Evil Dead.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Hmm. How so?
The way the deadities possess people, causing their bodies to become twisted and monstrous, deadities also love to mess with people's heads.
This Post Contains Spoilers
I can't remember anything specific but I swear the comic is an homage to a specific scene. Maybe I'll remember tomorrow.
Last edited by Bison256 on July 1st, 2020, 9:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Bison256
Have the comics ever addressed the celebrity paradox? As of 101 and crossing over there have been a few jokes and references to Bill and Dan's other famous films. But thinking on that I wonder what Saturday Night Live was like in the ghostbusters universe? Obliviously stripes, the blues brothers, spies like us and groundhogs day were never made. The only exception would be in the animated universe. Yet the animated ghostbusters never said "Peter you look like Bill Murray!" during Get Real.
By Kingpin
Have the comics ever addressed the celebrity paradox?
Not to date as far as I recall.

Personally? I'd love for them to showcase IDW Bill Murray as looking like Lorenzo Music's Peter Venkman, and Dan Aykroyd looking like Frank Welker's Ray Stantz. :)
zeta otaku liked this
By Dsyfer
Do you guys know the reason why they changed Janine's appearance the B cover for issue #4 from what's shown in the solicit and what was printed?
By mrmichaelt
Lattie submits a few versions of a variant cover instead of just one and whoever makes the call picks one to be the final version. At the solicit phase, there was probably some mix-up or the final decision came after the solicit was submitted and it turned out to be for a different cover.
Dsyfer liked this

Oh hi, GBfans.

PKE meter kits?

Hi Shawn, you can certainly count me in too if you[…]

I will say that Mulan is a bit of a test case.[…]

GB1 Hero Build (Bosch Shell)

How long did it take to get everything you neede[…]