Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
January 22nd thru 25th the Arizona Ghostbusters attended the 2009 Phoenix ComiCon in Mesa, AZ. It was a big and busy weekend for the team. The con started with the Zombie Walk and Zombie Beauty Pageant.
Thursday started with us passing out the GBI zombie walk info pamphlet to the crowds waiting to get in to prep for the zombie walk itself. After the Zombie Walk started we met the zombies at the halfway point in downtown Mesa to lead them back to the Zombie Beauty Pageant. At the Zombie Beauty Pageant we acted as “security” and as chaperones for the finalists. Some pics of the event are on the local band Calabrese blog at:

http://calabrese666.blogspot.com/2009/0 ... micon.html

Friday and Saturday we helped host Zombie Brain Eating contests. Due to the limited number of brains, raffles were held to determine who would be in the contest. 4 whole brain jello molds were made and each cut in half to have 8 contestants. It was quite entertaining and very messy. There are a lot of hopeful zombies out there for sure and they certainly proved there is always room for brains.

Saturday and Sunday we hosted a booth in the convention courtyard. At our booth we gave away our new AZ GB buttons, stickers, and the preview poster of the comic John(JackIvyGB) has been working on. The poster was made by John and Todd (AzSpidey). We had coloring pages available for kids to decorate our booth with. A TV was set up to show a slideshow if pics from our various past events. Twinkies and Stay-Puft Marshmallow Bags were sold for donations as well as caricature drawings from John. We also hosted hourly raffles for GB related prizes including our AZ GB hats, t-shirts as well as the new comies, dvd sets, an Ecto-1 plate and even a 1/6 proton pack courtesy of Nick-A-Tron. Over $300 was collected to go towards the upcoming Phoenix Heart Walk we’re participating in soon. The booth was a big hit and a great way for us to get our mission out there.

Sunday we hosted a panel titled "25 Years of Ghostbustin". Each of our team took turns covering a topic of GB history and we covered the cartoons, comics, and all the latest game and 3rd movie news. It was a great con that has grown alot. Next year the Phoenix ComiCon will be moving to the huge downtown convention center and able to host alot more guests and booths. We have alot of fond memories from the weekend including having drinks with Richard Leparmentier and meeting a really big young fan of GB.

Here is the East Valley Tribune article on the con we're in:
http://nerdvana.freedomblogging.com/200 ... #more-9980

Here is a youtube video of the guys playing Rock Band with Wil Wheaton:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJCdxpuDujY

Matt S, Todd, Neal, Matt H, John, Ronan (slimer28), Jeff

Matt H

Neal

Jeff

Todd

John

Matt S

Lobby

Backstage at Pageant

Rock Band with Wil

Ronan with his unrelated twin Joel of the Rebel Legion

With Richard

With our newest little member

Waiting for brains

Todd's awesome Joker

Booth pics

Mini pack on display

I hit the turbo boost, didn't do anything

With the female Bill and Ted

Happy raffle winner

Wow I cant believe that its all over!! I had such an awesome time and its nice to see that the team is so big now. I hope that we can continue to do events like this for a long time, I especially felt good to put a smile on that little boys face! I also liked when we did our panel, we really got a cahnce to show other people what Ghostbusters meant to us and how it has influenced us all to use it as a good cause!

P.S....... I gues that guy does look like me a little, I just need to grow back my goatee!
We got alot of inquiries about future events slimer so we'll be busy for along time to come.

Thanks for putting that poster up Todd. I only had it in pdf. I didn't get that pic sent to me but I'll put up some of the ones John got.

Satisfied customer of John's artistic talent

John trying out the original movie script idea, time traveling GBs

Ronan and Neal with Counselor Troi

With Jango Fett, Light_Tech from the boards behind Jango

We were taken hostage by maids

Off to work we go

More brains

I just like the look John is giving Todd in this one

Awesome times. It's sad to say it's over, but after such a huge response we got from everyone, and for me personally, the interaction with some of my favorite professionals in the comicbook and animation business, I am very excited to work on more stuff with the team.
awesome pics.. looks like you had an awesome time.
awesome joker..

i'm so jealous you guys played rock band with wil wheaton..

again awesome..
Jefff ill say again u & the rest of the team are fantastic & i am mighty jealous, the picture of u sat in the replica of KITT was great, gotta love that dashboard :cool:

Looks like u all had a fun-filled weekend, i always look forward to seeing new pictures of the AZ Ghostbusters brings such a smile to my face & i think its great that u promote Ghostbusters in the way u do & raise money for charties at the same time, that young lad looks really pleased he got to have a picture taken with u all, thats quite possibly my favourite picce from this event, have a :crunch: bar on me
Thanks Hasford. His mother talked with us quite a bit. She said he saw us last year and obviously didn't know what we were. She showed him the movie and he's been crazy about GBs ever since. They thought we just did the comicon till they saw us in the Fiesta Bowl Parade a few weeks back. We may stop by his B-day party this year. He's one of a few young fans we see at alot of events. As I always say, proof of job security.

Here's a new pic of Keith, Matt H, and Ronan passing out Twinkies to the vendors

I think its great that young kids watch older movies like this & become instant fans, i mean whats not to like about Ghostbusters

I like the picture of u inside the replica of KITT, that dashboard looks spot on much like the real thing, did it talk back hehe.....& the picture of John in the time machine from BTTF is pretty cool as well :crunch:
I don't know what Magnoli clothes are but I can Tell you that Todds suit 100% custom made by himself! He did an exact replica of the suit worn in the movie! He even ordered the socks and tie from the actual makers in London! The thing that will kill you is that he even made the shoes from scratch himself!
AZspidey wrote:Yeah its all custom made including the gloves. No magnolia products here.
-Todd
Oh wow!! In that case, FANTASTIC work! :shock: Magnoli is a custom clothier, and he makes copies of all sorts of movie outfits and things. He mostly does vintage clothes and stuff, but the reason I thought you had his clothes was because he recently added a whole bunch of Joker stuff to his site. Look!

http://magnolic.ipower.com/catalog/inde ... f0244a1984

I think he's done the shirt, vest, tie, and overcoat. But it's much more impressive to make it yourself and source the original stuff. That's amazing..!
    Ghostbusters Day 2024

Even if Frozen Empire somehow made a billion dol[…]

To repost what I said in the other thread: I don'[…]

GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

Hey everybody, this is my first post so let me kno[…]

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]