The Art Asylum Blog has been updated with a little bit of information about the new Ghostbusters Minimates and Ghostbusters Fans has managed to come up with a few new details. There will be two releases that will have several Characters in each. The first group will have: Egon, Peter, Dana (as Gatekeeper), Louis (as Keymaster), and a Terror Dog. The 2nd and more distant release will have Ray, Winston, Gozer, Stay Puft and Slimer. Each figure is about 2" tall and they should be fairly affordable.

UPDATE: Also coming from Diamond Select Toys (the distributors of Minimates) will be replica Ecto-1 license plates and a Stay Puft Marshmallow Man bank. View a gallery from the United States Toy Fair via Action-Figure here.

Special thanks to Gareee for the heads up.
Haha, aim for the FLAT TOP.

Get it guys? Because they are....

*Look at what I have to say.

*Thanks guys.

*Talk to you later.

-Boomerjinks
"Suck it in guys, we're the ghostbusters"

"If there is something strange, in your neighborhood, who ya gonna call?"

"GHOSTBUSTERS!"
This is fantastic stuff! These will go nicely with my Back to the Future minimates. :cool:

And I like the solution they came up with the proton pack: Make the mold like the wand but add a traditional gun joint at the end so the little fellas can hold them. That way the wands won't have to have thin molds (thus prone to breaking easily) for them to fit into the figure's hands.

Love the trap and meter accessories too!

These also appear to be the very first minimates to have unique character molds as well! The terror dog looks wonderful!

BTW, there's more detailed schematics of the figures here: http://www.artasylum.com/gallery/ghostb ... minimates/

EDIT: Never mind, they fixed the patch problem. :D

However it looks like:

- Ray will come with two hair molds: One with Ecto-goggles and one without
- Stay-Puft will have three alternate faces
- The accessories are removable from the belts
- Slimer's outer body will be translucent with the actual minimate body underneath having food painted on it. Nice!

Now if only someone would re-release the diecast 1:18 Ecto-1 or make a new one to go along with these little fellas.
Last edited by BradRedfield on February 13th, 2009, 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Actually, it looks like Peter's legs are un-tucked! Ha! I wouldn't complain if they were one way or the other, but it's kind of funny. On Egon, the paint for the boots goes half way up the calf pieces, but on Pete, it's only the feet.

These are cool. My little bro is a HUGE mini-mate fan, so he'll get a kick out of these.
The Kubricks? They're manufactured by Medicom Toy. They're a completely separate (although similar) line of block figures. Those could very well be Japanese-exclusive or canceled.

We're not missing out on much though. Minimates, IMO, are the better of the two. :cool:
Y'know, a little translucent plastic would help sell those proton stream attachments. With solid colors, they look more or less like tumors or . . . vein-covered worms, or . . . something . . . worse. They aren't so much proton streams as they are protein streams. (not funny) Then again, everything about these block people just seems weird to me. I dunno if it's their size, or chronic lack of noses, or their overly mechanical physical features . . . I don't care much for them. I did back when I was little, though.
These look cool but am I the only one who thinks the detailed art on the faces coupled with the lack of a nose makes them look really weird?

I may get 'em anyway.

Also I think the translucent Slimer with the face buried under the plastic looks a little strange. Maybe they should have made him out of regular plastic.
river_of_slime wrote:AWESOME!!

I'm surprise nobody mension the license plate in the background on page 4 ;)

I saw it but I'm hoping it's just a prototype because it looks rather flat. I hope the final version is stamped metal.

I have a Celebritymachines.com stamped metal plate of Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A and they are fantastic. I'm not so sure Diamond can compete with their prices...
Good point :)

I know they make awesome BTTF stuff and it looks now there making a time machine diecast for the BTTF so Ecto-1 might be in the future.

*EDIT* I think we should tell diamond that the licence plate features a pic of the Universal Orlando Ecto-1 replica not the real car.
BradRedfield wrote:The Kubricks? They're manufactured by Medicom Toy. They're a completely separate (although similar) line of block figures. Those could very well be Japanese-exclusive or canceled.

We're not missing out on much though. Minimates, IMO, are the better of the two. :cool:

Yes, the kubrick ones. I just like their slimer better. Did they make them or did they get cancelled?
Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]