Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Hi All...

Thanks for the great replies on the Ray face sculpt... I wanted to share where we are at with the slimer resculpt. We have changed it a lot since the prototype that was shown at Toy Fair...

Any thoughts so far?

This is still a Work In Progress and the Licensor has not approved this yet, just to be clear :)

Tyler

Kingpin liked this
By 910dohead
Hey, Tyler. Thanks for sharing. I'm not gonna lie, but it looks like there's something off on this sculpt. I think it just might be his upper lip and gum line is too high. From the lip to the top of the brows, he kinda almost looks like Foul Phil from The Garbage Pail Kids movie. Image (The bald on in the middle).

His lips should be meeting just around the same spot as his cheeks begin to end. I also think his folds are a little too wavy when they should be more rounded. Image. I think they're a little over exaggerated and should be a little more simple. Other than that, everything else looks great. As a consumer, if I saw this in on a store shelf, I probably wouldn't buy it only because it looks off.
We think it looks off also - And thanks for pointing that mouth thing out - We dont have this sculpt in hand, and unlike Ray where I just did it myself, we are sort of going back and forth with this....

Im going to make a list of revisions - so please- speak your mind!!!

Laughed about the GPK thing too - ha - That movie was AWFUL (saw it in the theaters!)
Tyler, here is a very quick fix I did to the sculpt in photoshop. It addresses some of the fixes that should be made to the sculpt. It's not perfect but it will give you an idea. I think the lips should even be down a little more than what's seen in my fix.

Taking in mind the issues and tweaks already mentioned, the above depiction of Slimer is a lot closer than what a lot of the licence holders have been getting away with in recent years.

I have no doubts that once tweaked, Slimer's going to look brilliant. :)
Slimer ha<s the sad puppy eyes in the films TylerH thats how the finished product should look like
TylerH, I really would love to extend my gratitude on the behalf of our Ghostbusters community for all of the efforts that you and your associates are putting in to this Ghostbusters Shakems project and thank you for your on going interaction with us. Keep up the great work on this exciting Ghostbusters Shakems line.
Carpeteria liked this
This is not an in-house sculpt. Considering I started with Factory Ent after the first scultps had been completed, I am not sure what our history is with this person.

I have sent PAGES of revision notes (including that photo you quoted) though and ideally should get back something more film correct soon!
I'm just happy to see that this company is actively requesting input about the very products that we'll no doubt be purchasing with our hard earned money, and not just flooding the stores with inferior representations of our beloved characters...

I mean "Lavatiki" did this with us early on in the Mattel line, but that was before they transfered him to oversee other toy lines, and I sight that as one of the reasons the line suffered towards the end...
I still think he needs to be rotated 20-30 degrees foreward, so he is facing forewards, and not up. There are quite a few versions of just the film Slimer, but my favorites are these

The Neca slimer action figure

The lucasfilms display slimer

The GB2 Robin Shelby slimer costume

(I like the Shelby slimer face, but not the upper head shape for some reason.)

Maybe your artist doesn't have these specific images to use as references?

One feature many seem to miss are the slightly elongated fingers with the bulbous tips.

I look foreward to the improved pics!

Something else to consider (I mentioned doing the base in clear lime green before) is that the base originally shown looked more like water than a raised slime ooze.

Slime wouldn't be as symmetrically even like your base sculpt, but would have thickness variances, and maybe rounded bubble like bits in it as well.

These kinda of show this off some:

The above semi transparent looks much more like ectoplasmic slime than the lower two more solid "nickolodeon" looking ones

Reboot Proton Pack build 2016

Hi Y'all! :) I am resurrecting this thread because[…]

Did it come out today? Ugh the art is so bad tho[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I thought 6 inch was 6 inch.. I just looked the m[…]