This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

After wanting a uniform for some time I finally started on it late last year. Since 2016 is a leap year we always have a big costume party at the school where I work, so I saw this as a great opportunity to finally make my own uniform, gadgets and pack.

It's supposed to be a budget build, but I've passed my initial spending limit a long time ago [emoji317] [emoji23]
My uniform looked like this Image
Yes, that is a Rotcho... But this was before I saw the great shop here, and it is suprisingly hard to find a tru-spec or nomex dealer that ship to Norway...

Anyways, I have now removed the No Ghost patch and are awaiting some RIT dye to make it a more prefable color.

BTW I would appreciate some feedback on the placement of the patches, does it look right?

My belt is almost finished. I built a Belt Gizmo with lights and a switch to change between blue and red. Blue to mirror back on the protonpack lights and the red as an error. I'll build a screen accurate one later on.

I got a great MT500 with soundboard from Spongeface (first over budget buy, but I love the radio. A truly great interactive prop!).

I also found an vintage Motorola holder on ebay (that's a really tight fit, but hey atleast the MT500 won't fall out when I walk around with it all day) and I got the hosebeltfob and PKE-holder from Tyger Cheex. His products are top notch.
The PKE is a Matty.
The bad looking fobs on my belt, holding my radioholder, I got on ebay. It said screen accurate, but what I got didn't even match the picture on ebay... Looked like a customized doglease. Luckily Tyger Cheex have more of his (truly accurate) in stock [emoji4]

The gloves and leghose I got from gbfans' shop.

Everything placed on my belt.

I know the belt is all wrong but it is a stand-in for the one I've ordered here with shipping later in 2016. I've also ordered elbowpads, but I've made these to wear in the meantime.

They started out white, with a logo on the front, but ended up ok I think.

After I cut the bands down to a more correct size I got out my needle and tread and folded it so that the hole on the back could be painted as a substitute for the black square.

And off course, I made the obligatory welding googles Ecto-Goggles substitute, but luckily I have a pair of matty goggles on the way..
ImageImageImage

After roaming the great forum here I ended up with these great boots from Corcoran
985's, but better for norwegian conditions [emoji317] Great boots, been using them everyday since I got them.

And with a 2 year old running around the house, a box to keep it all in is a "must".

Last edited by Morfeusoneiros on September 28th, 2017, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rowan J. Zweig, AfterShock, Roger and 1 others liked this
By Morfeusoneiros
Still waiting for the dye to arrive before I can do anything more on the uniform.
So today I did a little work on the leghose connector.
First I drilled the holes in the base, and used them to anchor it down while I.cut of the tap at the top...
...and carefully drilled a hole for the hose. I started with an 10mm before making the hole a little bigger with a 12mm.
I finished it with a little bit more of the 10mm to give the magnet (10mm) a snug fit in the connector.
I've also fitted the hose with a magnet
Image and when all has dried tomorrow I'll see if it all work as expected [emoji4] The glue can withstand 22,5 kg and the magnets has a force of 0,9 kg so I guess it'll work out O.K
[emoji108]
TheGozarian liked this
By Morfeusoneiros
Today's undertaking was dying my suit.

First I washed the suit twice (warm wash with extra spin cycle). Then I followed the instructions: Put the suit in hot water and straightened it out before putting it in my big bucket (ready with dye, salt and lots of hot water).

I used one pack of RIT Pearl Grey dye and one cup of salt in the mix.

Stirred in it for 45 minutes (GBgloves is excellent for dying)

Afterwards I rinsed the suit before I washed it in the machine once more.

Left it to air dry and hopefully it will retain its current color after drying.
Looks a lot better than before IMO
CosmoBubba liked this
By Morfeusoneiros
Almost complete uniform

Equiptment, left:

Equiptment, right:

As you can see in the pictures I need a couple of things;
1: A haircut 2: A pair of ecto goggles and some key fobs. Both of the latter is on its way.

Long live 80s pop culture [emoji4]
MonaLS liked this
By Morfeusoneiros
Got my Matty Ecto-Goggles some days ago. The pair I ordered from Matty Collector never showet up, and then my order was refunded... Seems they never reached me, but luckily they were sent back.
Ordered a new pair from eBay. Atleast the prices dropped when Matty sold some more.
Read that some had problems with the Slimer animations, but mine worked
By Morfeusoneiros
Got the rest of the key-fobs from Tyger Cheex as well. So now both the haircut, key-fobs and Ecto-Goggles is taken care off, hehe.
I'll build some more screen accurate goggles later.
Got a novelty watch to add to the uniform. Felt my ordinary watch was a little off for the uniform.
Now that my uniform is wearable, I've started on one for my 7 year old.
Spider-man had to take the backseat for Ghostbusters this year [emoji4]
By Morfeusoneiros
Here's the first version of an uniform for my son.
Used a cateter hose and part from a gardenhose connector for the leg hose
Used magnets to keep it in place.
One piece in the pocket and presto [emoji317]

It'll be a khaki/grey one sometime in the future, but this'll have to do for now [emoji4]
By Morfeusoneiros
I've had some Luck and to make the story short, I can now afford a navy suit. Hope someone can help me With sizing. I'm a little bit over 6 feet (184cm) and medium built (about 190 pounds).
The Rotcho is XL regular (snugg in the crotch and and I stretch my arms otherwise ok). I'm wondering about buying a Tru-Spec (GBFans) in XL long. Is that the right size or should I get the L in long?
By PssdffJay
It's based in chest size and height. What is your chest circumference? Wearing clothes and fill your lungs with as much air as possible, measure across the nipples. What is that number?
By Morfeusoneiros
PssdffJay wrote:It's based in chest size and height. What is your chest circumference? Wearing clothes and fill your lungs with as much air as possible, measure across the nipples. What is that number?
With clothes it's between 42 and 43 inches.
And across my beer gut it's about 40 inches [emoji481] [emoji1]
By PssdffJay

Based on that, and that these do shrink a bit, I'd go with the XL Long. The large would probably fit but it might be tight. I personally like a looser fit and it gives you that baggy sloppy look.
Last edited by PssdffJay on September 15th, 2016, 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Morfeusoneiros
PssdffJay wrote:Image

Based on that, and that these do shrink a bit, I'd go with the XL Long. The large would probably fit but it might be right. I personally like a looser fit and it gives you that baggy sloppy look.
Thanks [emoji106]
By Morfeusoneiros
Slowly starting on my GB2 uniform, and got a head start today when this arrived

A working Lifegard II (Man is it LOUD. My ears are still ringing after I tried it earlier)

It was a little worn and written on:

So I cleaned it, starting with cotton pads with a touch of nail polish remover.

That got the marker off on the sides. Used clean, moist cotton pads and some elbow grease to get the grime off of it.

The silver sharpie on the back was a little harder to remove. Since it is on the backside, I'll leave it be, but I might change it to GB NO or something later.

Didn't want it to look like new, so happy with this result:
ImageImage

Morfeusoneiros wrote:
Venkman's Swagger wrote:Awesome clean up job man. I need to get myself a real lifegard 2
Thanks! Cool prop to have, but a resin one looks just as good on the belt.
Thanks dude
By Morfeusoneiros
Edging closer to a charcoal GBII suit.

Got both patches from GBFans. The custom name patch arrived today.

Searched the forums and found Austin and Mburkit's recipes for dying the truespec suit and ordered the different types of RIT. Hope I'll have it all before Halloween, which is my current deadline.
By Morfeusoneiros
Suit:
Without flash:

With flash:

Made a workspace for the dying and got to it:

Suit after color remover and bleach:
Without flash:Image

With flash:

Added the black, blue and green coloring
Without flash:

With flash:

Let it dry and test-fitted the patches

Without flash:

With flash:

It's not as charcoal as I would have wanted, but a little unsure of what to do next. I'll have to consider some alternatives before I do anything more
By Morfeusoneiros
My recipe:
1. Removed velcropatch from suit.
2. Machine washed 40 degrees Celsius (104 F) 40 minutes. With extra spin cycle. No detergent
3. 2 packs of Rit Color remover (2 oz. powder packets) 15 min.
4. Washed cold
5. 2 packs of Rit Color remover (2 oz. powder packets) 30 min.
6. Washed cold
7. Bleach 45 minutes
8. Machine washed 40 degrees Celsius 105 min.
9. Dye Rit Liquid Black (8 oz bottle) 1/2 bottle + half a cup of salt 45 min.
10. Washed cold
11. Dye Rit Royal Blue 2/3 and Kelly Green 1/3 (2 oz packets) + half a cup of salt
12. Washed cold
13. Machine washed 40 degrees Celsius 105 minutes
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]