Winston witnesses a strange occurrence at a baseball game. Ancient Indian legends say that every 500 years, the supernatural forces of good and evil do battle. The battle has always taken place on the same site. Where the baseball stadium stands. When Winston investigates, he finds himself caught up in the battle. Since good and evil do battle based on their surroundings, this time around, it's a baseball game. The price if good loses? One human soul. The guys find Winston and want to help but they can not do anything to interfere. In the battle of good versus evil, no one is neutral. If they cheat...good loses.
- This episode is available on the official RGB DVD release "Creatures of the Night" along with three other episodes.
- Winston loyally supports the rather unsuccessful Jaguars baseball team.
- As likely a nod to the first Ghostbusters movie, Egon's love of fungus is noted.
- Egon knew a guy at the University who did a study on the aerodynamics of the Curveball.
- Egon mentions liking the Toronto Blue Jays. Likely an inside joke as voice actor, Maurice LaMarche was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- Winston: Oh come on, an afternoon at the ballpark would do you some good!
- Janine: Yeah, like fungus on the brain would do me good.
- Egon: Did somebody mention fungus?
- Ray: A Jag player dropping a popfly isn’t exactly a supernatural event.
- Peter: Now if he caught the ball, that’d be supernatural.
- Umpire: Evil cheats, that’s it’s nature it does…whatever it has to win. That’s why we call them evil.
- Umpire: If good adopts the ways of evil, it becomes evil. If good cheats, evil automatically wins.
- Ray: I wonder if good is allowed to steal bases?
- Peter: Maybe good just borrows them, Ray.
|Episodes 01 - 05|
|Episodes 06 - 10|
|Episodes 11 - 15|
|Episodes 16 - 20|
|Episodes 21 - 25|
|Episodes 26 - 30|
|Episodes 31 - 35|
|Episodes 36 - 40|
|Episodes 41 - 45|
|Episodes 46 - 50|
|Episodes 51 - 55|
|Episodes 56 - 60|
|Episodes 61 - 65|