The Spirit of Aunt Lois
|"The Spirit of Aunt Lois"|
|Real Ghostbusters episode|
|Original air date||November 9, 1987|
|Real Ghostbusters: Season 2|
Real Ghostbusters: Episode Guide
Ray's Aunt Lois has a headache, which she is certain is spiritual in origin.
Much to Ray's irritation, the Ghostbusters find Aunt Lois has also hired a fraudulent psychic, Dr. Bassingame to help her and she invites Ray and the other Ghostbusters to a seance held in her dining room by Bassingame, who holds his fake seance, which disturbs sleeping domovoi, with the tempermental ghosts taking offense at the trickery used by Dr. Bassingame.
The powerful and dangerous spirits charge the room and trap Aunt Lois, throwing the Ghostbusters and Bassingame out of the room, locking Lois in with them.
It's up to the Ghostbusters to figure out a way to save Aunt Lois and put a stop to both the domovoi and Bassingame's fakery!
- Aunt Lois
- Dr. Bassingame
- Richard Mueller first created Aunt Lois in his paperback adaptation of the first Ghostbusters movie. She is voiced here by Marilyn Lightstone.
- The title of this episode is a parody of the book/film, The Spirit of St. Louis.
- Dr Bassingame reappears in the episode, Cold Cash and Hot Water.
- At the begining of the episode, Slimer is taunting Peter who is tired and wishes to take a nap. Peter yells at Slimer who runs off giggling up to the dorms. Peter leaves the other Ghostbusters to take a nap and he discovers his bed in such a state thanks to Slimer that he is unable to control himself and screams for a full eight seconds the famous line, "SLIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMERRRRRRRRR!!! What have you done to my bed??!". It is never revealed what exactly Slimer did to Peter's bed, but it is a good bet that it wasn't pretty.
- The Domovoi in this episode are surprisingly accurate to the real world legends of the creatures, down to their appearence and behavior.
- Ray and Peter sing "99 Bottles of Beer on the Wall", while Winston gives a deep south sermon to drive the ghosts out and Egon chants mathmetical theory in an attempt to make the domovoi think the Ghostbusters are holding another seance.
- Peter Venkman: SLIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRR! What have you done to my bed??!!
- Peter Venkman: Yeah, but you do know, we have to get him out of there.
- Ray Stantz: Why?
- Winston Zeddemore: WHOAAAH! Watch it!!!
- Dr. Bassingame: ...Is it over?
- Winston Zeddemore: It's just the seventh inning stretch. You got more innings to go, pinhead.
- Egon Spengler: You have all the principles of a snake.
- Peter Venkman: You know, he's right. According to this contract, he doesn't have to pay for any of this. But I think he'll want to pay for it, out of the goodness of his heart.
- Dr. Bassingame: And what makes you think that?
- Peter Venkman: Ray?
- Ray Stantz: Because if you don't, then we are gonna find out where you live, and deliver these out of town guests, complete with baby pictures, to your front door, for eternity.
- Dr. Bassingame: Will--will you take a check?