Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
By Fritz
jzurawski wrote:I feel stupid asking this but there is one thing that I missed... What is a "code regan"?
I think it's probably an injoke to this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Exorcist
Meanwhile, in Georgetown, a young girl named Regan MacNeil living with her famous mother, actress Chris MacNeil, becomes inexplicably ill. After a gradual series of poltergeist-like disturbances, she undergoes disturbing psychological and physical changes, appearing to become "possessed" by a demonic spirit.
By jzurawski
I see... that sounds like a good explanation to me! Thanks Fritz!
(I am just glad that it was not something super obvious that I would feel stupid for missing...)
By JayTigran
I would say! But a lot of your little quips and lines have been hilarious Erik, you really have the tone down of how these guys talk.
By mrmichaelt
ECT0-1 wrote:Here one easy to miss: the open newspaper contains part of the script for that very page.

Also, the ad for canned ghost, a Ghostbusters novelty item.
Good eye! Also, Janine's red Volkswagen Beetle from "Beneath These Streets" is parked outside El's Diner. You an see the rear end.

I also noticed on page 10 that right above that transmogrified entrance way from the Big Apple Amusement Park in "The Bogeyman Returns" is the Cheap Thrills sign from "Rollerghoster." I guess Mr. Schoening saved the "Ghostworld" references for issue #7.

EDIT: The solicit for Issue #9 is out!
Written by Erik Burnham, art by Dan Schoening, covers by Schoening, Tristan Jones and Mike Henderson.

New York City doesn't have a monopoly on the supernatural, and it was only a matter of time before apparitions in other areas were enhanced by the expansion of psychokinetic energy! Haunted America finds the Ghostbusters venturing out far beyond the comfortable confines of the Empire State. Each issue contains a back-up Ghostbusters story by Tristan Jones! "Who Killed Laura Parr?" will run in all 4 issues of Haunted America!
By Fritz
Fritz Babbles About Ghostbusters #6:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Suffice it to say, the whole issue was another all-around winner.
By ECT0-1
This series gets a note of extra personal enjoyment from me on top of the enjoyment it gives me as a fan.

Back during 88MPH's run when the delays became increasing, a bunch of us at GBHQ, including Fritz and Ben, banded together and attempted to make our own GB book for online release to fill the time. I scripted the first year's worth, the first issue was drawn, but it all fell apart shortly before it was completed. I did publish the series as "fan fiction" until I got busy with other projects.

In that time, we had discussed future ideas that never saw fruition, some of them similar to some of the things that have begun popping up in this series. So, even if I wasn't able to make my own ideas see the light of day, I'm happy to see similar ones being done in some form...and OFFICIALLY to boot! Tells me we would have been on the right track way back when.

So, Mr. Burnham, this one's for you: :crunch:
By Fritz
ECT0-1 wrote:This series gets a note of extra personal enjoyment from me on top of the enjoyment it gives me as a fan.

Back during 88MPH's run when the delays became increasing, a bunch of us at GBHQ, including Fritz and Ben, banded together and attempted to make our own GB book for online release to fill the time. I scripted the first year's worth, the first issue was drawn, but it all fell apart shortly before it was completed. I did publish the series as "fan fiction" until I got busy with other projects.

In that time, we had discussed future ideas that never saw fruition, some of them similar to some of the things that have begun popping up in this series. So, even if I wasn't able to make my own ideas see the light of day, I'm happy to see similar ones being done in some form...and OFFICIALLY to boot! Tells me we would have been on the right track way back when.

So, Mr. Burnham, this one's for you: :crunch:
Ah yeah...Good times...

Shameless plug, but
This Post Contains Spoilers
...I need to start drawing again...
By mrmichaelt
Fritz Baugh wrote:I also daresay, compared to the EGB version, IDW Kylie seems to dress just a tad more girly and "stereotypical" Goth. I certainly don't remember EGB Kylie wearing the lace fingerless gloves, but I'm sure if I'm wrong about that mrmichealt or Harry Bardwell will dig up some screencaps to prove it :lol: Not a complaint, just a comment--since technically IDW Kylie is not EGB Kylie, but a parallel dimension counterpart, they don't have to be exactly alike (And they already aren't, because Egon would certainly remember "Oh yes...you're that girl that worked at Ray's bookstore a few years ago." Heck, IDW Kylie would have to be older; she probably has to be at least sixteen to get a work permit, and EGB Kylie wouldn't be 16 until early 1995. I realize the IDW timeline is a little vague, but I don't think we've gone that far into the future from GBVG.)
I don't recall the EGB version wearing those kind of gloves. But she did tie her back while incognito during "The Unseen."

I think it's safe to assume the IDW version of Kylie was born in the early 70s compared to the EGB version who was born in 1979. No way in heck Ray would hire someone underage to help manage his store. Based on what 'research' I did, it's roughly 1994 in the ongoing comic.
We get a cut scene back in New York, with Jake Kong, the guy previously seen musing starting his own paranormal investigation company (I know he had a real name, but I'm not going to bother to look it up right now) getting a Mysteeerious Package from some dude named Harry. I guess the plan is proceeding. Wonder what he'll call it? Ghosts R Us? Wait! I know! Ghost Busters! There's no way anybody could confuse the two then!
Ron Alexander.

During shooting for the first movie, they did have three signs before the deal was made with Filmation. Ghoststoppers was one of them. It'd be a neat nod, too.
more in-jokes that mrmichealt has undoubtedly already listed.
You know me well. But it's 'ae' in my name, not 'ea.' I've had that issue so much it's going on my gravestone.
By egie
I love these comics, and I personally think these are the best GB comic availible. I only have #1-3 right now though.

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Ghostbusters Fans on Android
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote:
more in-jokes that mrmichealt has undoubtedly already listed.
You know me well. But it's 'ae' in my name, not 'ea.' I've had that issue so much it's going on my gravestone.
Lol...I'll try to remember that and spell it right next time. I already keep screwing up Mick Nielson's name (or is it Mick Neilson? Darnit...)

:boogieman:
By Erik Burnham
Remember to pre-order Haunted America, folks! IDW is giving this arc (the stories are standalone, but loosely connected) a BIG push and will be paying CLOSE ATTENTION to the numbers!

Let's give 'em something to notice!

Er... in a GOOD way. (:

And once again, thank you guys for all the support!
By TristanJones
Yeah, remember, if your store orders 50 copies of #9, they'll get the exclusive sketch cover I'm doing! If you remember what Dan did way back at Infestation... that's what I'm doing here, but I'll be designing a special postcard cover for it! Hell, get some for your friends and family! ;)
By mrmichaelt
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Amazon.com has a pre-order up for Volume Two, already. It's tentatively set for July 24th and the last part of the description has this interesting tidbit - "Plus, a new short story only available in this collection." I hope it's true. That's a greater incentive to buy the trades. More PCOC files would be neat, too <cough> <cough>.
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote:"Plus, a new short story only available in this collection." I hope it's true. That's a greater incentive to buy the trades.
Dissenting opinion: I hate that sh*t. I buy every issue as it comes out, and if they put something new in the tpb, it basically punishes me as a regular reader if I don't also shell out ~$20 for something that's mostly stuff I already have. If I never own a copy of the Thanksgiving story Dan did with James Eatock (which I hear is pretty good) that'll be why.
By GBMelnutz
Well, our shop will be supporting this Comic Book by ordering 50 issues of GB #9.
I really hope IDW will be satisfied with these numbers and keep it going for quite a while.
Whatever I can do to help, I'll do it.
By mrmichaelt
TristanJones wrote:Huh! Even I have no idea what that one is...!
Gulp...
Fritz wrote:Dissenting opinion: I hate that sh*t. I buy every issue as it comes out, and if they put something new in the tpb, it basically punishes me as a regular reader if I don't also shell out ~$20 for something that's mostly stuff I already have. If I never own a copy of the Thanksgiving story Dan did with James Eatock (which I hear is pretty good) that'll be why.
Little known fact is very good sales for these trade collections helps convince the Powers That Be to grant longer story arcs in the ongoing comic.
By Fritz
mrmichaelt wrote:Little known fact is very good sales for these trade collections helps convince the Powers That Be to grant longer story arcs in the ongoing comic.
TristanJones wrote:Yeah, the trade things is true. Support for both is ideal, but not everyone can be expected to shell out for varying reasons. We do appreciate the support when it comes though!
I never said I didn't understand why they did it. I just hate it as a regular reader who either misses stuff or buys the TPB for basically only a small chunk of it.

But that's just me ranting. Carry on.
:)
By mrmichaelt
As if you needed another reason to buy Issue #8...
TRexJones wrote:People gonna learn a thing or two about Tobin's Spirit Guide in Ghostbusters #8
Fritz wrote:But that's just me ranting. Carry on.
:)
Ah, understood. Sorry about that. Only thing that frustrates me are the sketch cover variants. It's not that I'll don't own one of the 250 Infestation ones, it's that we barely have any of the covers online to view in their glory.
By Kingpin
I'll spare the gushing as there's only so often I can praise the comic and say it's brilliant without ending up sucking up. What I will say it's maintaining the high standard we've become used to, so keep up the good work guys. :)

Keeping the Wizard of Oz reference in mind, you guys missed a trick by not having the plush versions of Bruce sprout bat wings and emulate the Wicked Witch's flying monkeys. :)

And Harry, obviously he's someone that we're meant to see soon enough, hence the rather blatant obscuring of his face... but who is he? How's he got access to confidential Ghostbusters design blueprints? (Nice touch including the Ion Arm resistor, by the way).

And there's something oddly familiar about his attire, might just be a coincidence though.
Were it not for his name I would've gone with him being Janine's current boyfriend, the as-yet unseen Roger who seems to be playing the role of Paul Smart in suddenly having abandoned Janine without as much as a word after having been flooding her with tokens of his affection (then again, Harry could be a nickname, or a middle name).

Looking forward to #7.

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

The_Y33TER , since the majority of the maker sc[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?

There's some fun dialogue TV-edits, a replacement[…]