Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Is it just me or does it look like the mini puft that melts/burns up on the grill does a little thumbs-up as it goes into the grate Terminator 2 style?
zeta otaku, Corey91 liked this
ecto88mph wrote: April 8th, 2021, 10:13 pm Is it just me or does it look like the mini puft that melts/burns up on the grill does a little thumbs-up as it goes into the grate Terminator 2 style?
Nope, I mentioned it as well two pages ago. It's ok. We aren't used to this thread picking up the pace like this.
aPAULing really

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE

Technically speaking, Ghostbusters Afterlife is the third film of the series but how many "films" are in your headcanon? For example is GBA the fourth film for you with GBTVG being the 3rd? Does a fan film fit in there? What about Extreme Ghostbusters? Does Back in the Saddle mark film #4 for you or #5 if you count the EGB pilot?

For me it's
1. Ghostbusters
2. Real Ghostbusters Holiday (adjacent) Episodes: When Halloween Was Forever, Murray The Mantis, X-Mas Marks the Spot and Play Them Ragtime Boos
3. Ghostbusters ii
4. Ghostbusters The Video Game
5.Extreme Ghostbusters: Pilot + Back in the Saddle
6. Ghostbusters Afterlife
Sav C, Kingpin, SPJ liked this
1. Ghostbusters
2. Ghostbusters II
3. Ghostbusters: Afterlife

No cartoons. The company went out of business shortly after defeating Gozer.

No video game. I want Afterlife to have the freedom to use the Shandor character however they need to without having to reconcile it with the game. Also it seems they went out of business again shortly after Vigo.
deadderek, lozbloke, Rex Features and 3 others liked this
So the main canon is

1. GB, GB2, GBTVG, GBA.

I could see Afterlife bumping GBTVG from the canon and I'd be happy with that if it replaces it with something better (indications are it will).

2. Real Ghostbusters S1 & 2 & Kenner lines.

I enjoy the meta relationship with the movie canon. Everything after S2 is non-canon in my head. I consider Extreme Ghostbusters to be non-canon despite Back in the Saddle, for a variety of reasons, mainly because it is far removed from the others with mainly insectoid "ghosts", some very... late 90's design for the characters, equipment and vehicles. I've been rewatching the Extreme Ghostbusters on the Youtube channel and it has it's moments but ultimately doesn't feel like Ghostbusters. Almost all the changes it makes to RGB are for the worse. Weirdly, I consider a lot of the Kenner toys to be canon to RGB.

3. IDW - despite crossing over the different universes.

GB:ATC - I consider a non-canon spin-off alongside XGB, 88MPH comics etc.

Lots of tangential canons.
Alphagaia liked this
Right now, my head canon syncs best with how IDW handled it with various dimensions with their own timelines.

My personal preference (as of now) is the IDW timeline:

GB1 - GB2 - GB:TVG - IDW Ongoing Comics

Then, of course, is solely the prime movies:

GB1 - GB2 - GB:AL

The others, in my head, start with their own version of the first movie. The characterizations of the OGBs are different enough that there's no way the events of the first movie happened EXACTLY the same.

1) RGB - > EGB

2) Slimer! and the REAL Ghostbusters

3) 88Mph comics

And of course are the other realities where the Ghostbusters AREN'T Venkman, Stantz, Egon and Winston as depicted in GB:ATC and the other worlds shown in the final arcs of the IDW comics.
The alternate futures interest me. Sanctum of Slime(shown in the comic Ghostbusters 20/20) and Afterlife split from each after January 1990. IDW seems to an alternate verison of extreme ghostbusters given that it's implied to be 1997 in ghostbusters 101. But their relationship is odd because RGB and XGB clearly have different physics than the "Realistic" Universes.
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters II
Ghostbusters Afterlife.

I'd like to keep the videogame canon as a sort of Ghostbusters 2.5 but it ignores some important points of the previous movies to be kept in continuity.

- Dana and Peter relationship being the most important.
- Slimer changed from friendly pet to nasty guinea peg
- Shandor killing off Gozer??
Here comes the old, cracked record with his ideas of canon!

1. Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters II, Ghostbusters Afterlife - the prime canon
2. GB, GBII, GBTVG - the video game canon
3. GB, RGB (which incorporates some parts of GBII in its run), EGB - the animated canon
4. GB:ATC - the Answer the Call canon

and

5. The IDW canon, which both incorporates the events of all of the above while simultaneously existing outside of them all. The best canon!
Alphagaia, Wafflerobot liked this
I'm only 19, so I missed both of the cartoons... I've watched a few really good episodes of RGB, but not that many, and I've never seen XGB. As such, my Ghostbusters canon goes:
Ghostbusters
Ghostbusters II
Ghostbusters TVG
Afterlife (most probably--I'll have to watch it first!)
JonXCTrack wrote: April 9th, 2021, 3:18 pm
Dr.D wrote:Potential bad news...Paramount shifted Top Gun 2's release date to Nov. 19.
They also moved Snake Eyes up from October 22 to July 23.

Maybe Ghostbusters Afterlife can move up to October 22 to take advantage of the Halloween holiday?
As cool as that sounds, Halloween Kills is a week before (the 15th), which could influence competition regardless.
Ghostytheghost wrote:
JonXCTrack wrote: April 9th, 2021, 3:18 pm They also moved Snake Eyes up from October 22 to July 23.

Maybe Ghostbusters Afterlife can move up to October 22 to take advantage of the Halloween holiday?
As cool as that sounds, Halloween Kills is a week before (the 15th), which could influence competition regardless.
Something tells me there aren't going to be many parents taking their 9 year olds to see Michael Meyers kill a bunch of teenagers.
JonXCTrack wrote: April 9th, 2021, 4:41 pm
Ghostytheghost wrote:
Something tells me there aren't going to be many parents taking their 9 year olds to see Michael Meyers kill a bunch of teenagers.
I think you'd be surprised.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]