Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
timeware wrote: May 16th, 2020, 8:34 pm Same things happening here in the u.s. governor's like Whitmere are over extending their guidelines to the point of riddicoulous.

People have the right to protest but I wish they'd use common sense.
It's not ridiculous when those very idiots are managing to catch and pass Covid-19 from their fellow idiots. The nations of Europe have barely got it under control, and we're still seeing fluctuations... America is very likely going to see things get worse because of Trump and his administration's mismanagement before the situation improves.

And many of them aren't peaceful protestors, but domestic terrorists (and an unpleasantly large smattering of white supremacists).

Agreed, Derek. Afterlife is not going to be coming out any earlier than the current March release... And I wouldn't be too surprised if Sony decides to reschedule it again in the near future, as well as bump Bond to next year... We're now less than half a month to June and it's clear Covid-19 is not just going away... While some state legislators are starting to opening things up, I've already seen one cinema explicitly state it will not be reopening until they know it's safe to allow their customers to return.

I suspect until we have a viable vaccine (hopefully we'll get a cure, but a vaccine is likely what we'll see first), it's not going to be safe to reopen cinemas... Even if you block off 50% of the seats, there's still the issue of sharing the toilets... And then you also have to consider turning off the air conditioning to try cut down on the transfer of particles exhaled through breathing.
SpaceBallz, Sav C, RichardLess and 4 others liked this
RichardLess wrote:God I hated those Kenner Toys. I had Winston & Egon. All I wanted was a proton pack that looked like a proton pack. Why was that so hard? I also a Winston that changed colour when he got wet and a Venkman whose mouth or jaw opened when you squeezed to legs or arms together. Something like that. But all I wanted was the proton pack for my toy from the cartoon. Did they ever release an action figure with an accurate looking proton pack, during the run of the cartoon of TV? If not...why? It drove me insane as a kid.

The Kenner Proton Packs for the Figures were designed from the Promo Pilot. When they made changes to the actual show before it aired like Peter's redesign, different looking equipment and the different uniforms Kenner didn't bother to update or retool the Proton Packs. Except for Peters Head and the Colour of the suit no other changes were made, that's one of the reasons why the Kenner Packaging on Slimer still said Green Ghost
Coover5 liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: May 17th, 2020, 1:03 am
RichardLess wrote: Finally when Extreme Ghostbusters came around they had screen accurate action figures, except Egon, who had this blue tank thing that never once showed up in the series.
It showed up once at the end of "Killjoy" (the one with the vampire clowns) with a more streamlined design and went by the moniker of "Field Projector."
See that never looked like the same thing to me. But yeah I guess it’s kind of similar. I remember thinking “Why didn’t he come with that!”. Or maybe one of the RGB packs used in the first episode or Back in the Saddle. Still annoys me we never got a Garret action figure.

Man I wish EGB would’ve had a 2nd season. I’m of the opinion, which I know 99.9% of people will disagree with, that it’s a much better show than RGB. RGB never scared me. But EGB got away with things, like the “Deadliners” episode, that I still can’t believe we’re allowed. That episode is so creepy. And the music? Oh the music for this show was great. Really provided an awesome atmosphere.
Does anyone know if any scripts for a 2nd season were written and if they can be found anywhere? I know Samhain was featured in the credits but never showed up.
Glenn Frederick wrote: May 17th, 2020, 11:28 am

The Kenner Proton Packs for the Figures were designed from the Promo Pilot. When they made changes to the actual show before it aired like Peter's redesign, different looking equipment and the different uniforms Kenner didn't bother to update or retool the Proton Packs. Except for Peters Head and the Colour of the suit no other changes were made, that's one of the reasons why the Kenner Packaging on Slimer still said Green Ghost
...but the proton packs don’t look anything like the promo pilot either. They don’t look like anything from the pilot
Last edited by RichardLess on May 17th, 2020, 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichardLess I have to disagree with you on that one. The only time the "Promo Pilot" Pack looked different was when Ray is on top of ECTO-1 when they're chasing Slimer, all the other scenes with the packs remind me of the Kenner version.

The part of the stream on the toys that you turned for the stream feature (That always seemed prone to break off) was actually sculpted as the grip of the wand. I feel like the Proton Pack being one colour and that part of the stream being the same as the actually stream itself really takes away from all the details that were sculpted in!
What I meant by riddicoulous is telling people they can't plant seeds and miscalanious things like that. That's abuse of power. Telling people they can't buy certain things in a grocery store that's bull shit.

Not everything is bullshit with her guidelines but she is over reaching.

That's also what I meant by overextending guidelines. Not the lockdown itself.

Those rednecks with their guns didn't need to show up, there wasnt a need to go that far.

As for scripts to a second season of egb that would be a nice find. Are there 3D files for a show accurate proton pack? That might solve that issue.
Do you live in Michigan? I have a feeling you don't.

At no point were we not allowed to not plant seeds. At no point have any stores closed off sections.

At NO point were us Michigan residents told we can't buy certain types of groceries.

The only limits in the grocery stores including Meijer, Walmart, Kroger, etc are on high demand items like meat. At no point has there been restrictions on food other than that.

For the best interest of the thread let's get and stay back on topic.
Kingpin wrote: May 16th, 2020, 6:31 pm Meanwhile in the UK, we've had idiots and conspiracy theorists reportedly in the hundreds gather in Hyde Park in Central London to protest the lockdown. :angryvigo:
It's touch and go at the moment whether we might push the rate of infection past the point in which the government feels is acceptable... If we don't get it down, we might have to go back into a tighter lockdown.

It's bad enough having to fight work around Covid-19 without ignorant assholes potentially (or definitely as seen in the States) spreading the virus and losing all the ground we've managed to gain through their ego, arrogance and impatience.
It’s galling as hell to have those morons cluttering up Hyde Park as though they’re representative of my beautiful home city. London doesn’t want your nonsense, you idiot protesters, we’re the cool kids being cool, yeah?
deadderek, Kingpin, Sav C and 1 others liked this
Glenn Frederick wrote: May 17th, 2020, 12:43 pm RichardLess I have to disagree with you on that one. The only time the "Promo Pilot" Pack looked different was when Ray is on top of ECTO-1 when they're chasing Slimer, all the other scenes with the packs remind me of the Kenner version.

The part of the stream on the toys that you turned for the stream feature (That always seemed prone to break off) was actually sculpted as the grip of the wand. I feel like the Proton Pack being one colour and that part of the stream being the same as the actually stream itself really takes away from all the details that were sculpted in!
...but they arent even the same shape? The wand is a block of plastic that looks more like a gun. The pack part is way too small and also very blocky. I mean maybe if you stand 50 feet away and squint *just* right as the sun reaches it’s zenith at midday on the solstice, then maybe I could see them looking like the packs from the show. Otherwise...yikes.

Also..let’s not forget. The show was on for a long time. Many different lines of action figures were produced. As far as I’m aware not a single one was produced with an accurate looking proton pack. That’s inexcusable. It reminds me of the original Kenner line of Star Wars toys that had the awful looking yellow lightsaber.

Have you seen “The Toys That Made Us” on Netflix? If not check it out. Great show.
No Derek I don't live in MI, but I've been there. It seems to me you guys keep getting the raw end of the deal. I hope the water issues were fixed before the world got hit with Covid.

But again if people aren't happy with the Kenner figure packs you could always 3D print more accurate versions. Might be something AJ could add to the shop if there's enough demand.

I would imagine they would take like fifteen minutes to an hour to print depending on what machine your using for something that small.
timeware wrote: May 17th, 2020, 1:04 pm What I meant by riddicoulous is telling people they can't plant seeds and miscalanious things like that. That's abuse of power. Telling people they can't buy certain things in a grocery store that's bull shit.

Not everything is bullshit with her guidelines but she is over reaching.

That's also what I meant by overextending guidelines. Not the lockdown itself.

Those rednecks with their guns didn't need to show up, there wasnt a need to go that far.

As for scripts to a second season of egb that would be a nice find. Are there 3D files for a show accurate proton pack? That might solve that issue.
Sorry I just gotta jump in here. Time ware. Buddy, we all make spelling mistakes, but you seem to constantly misspell the same words.

Just a heads up. It’s “Ridiculous“. & “Miscellaneous”.
seekandannoy liked this
RichardLess wrote:
Glenn Frederick wrote: May 17th, 2020, 12:43 pm RichardLess I have to disagree with you on that one. The only time the "Promo Pilot" Pack looked different was when Ray is on top of ECTO-1 when they're chasing Slimer, all the other scenes with the packs remind me of the Kenner version.

...but they arent even the same shape? The wand is a block of plastic that looks more like a gun. The pack part is way too small and also very blocky. I mean maybe if you stand 50 feet away and squint *just* right as the sun reaches it’s zenith at midday on the solstice, then maybe I could see them looking like the packs from the show. Otherwise...yikes.

Also..let’s not forget. The show was on for a long time. Many different lines of action figures were produced. As far as I’m aware not a single one was produced with an accurate looking proton pack. That’s inexcusable. It reminds me of the original Kenner line of Star Wars toys that had the awful looking yellow lightsaber.

Have you seen “The Toys That Made Us” on Netflix? If not check it out. Great show.

I watched the remastered Promo Pilot on YouTube just now and they look exactly the same to me! The only difference between them is the rectangle pieces on the wand that slip over the arm that also are used to attach to the pack, the hose going to the wand itself (not through the handle), the tip of the wand, the hook on the pack and the No Ghost logo on the gun. As for size, it varies in the Pilot and show but the Packs in the Pilot are smaller then the redesign Pack.

Image I found this image on google from a blog http://tokyotoybastard.blogspot.com/201 ... pilot.html
Coover5 liked this
Glenn Frederick wrote: May 17th, 2020, 4:11 pm
RichardLess wrote:

I watched the remastered Promo Pilot on YouTube just now and they look exactly the same to me! The only difference between them is the rectangle pieces on the wand that slip over the arm that also are used to attach to the pack, the hose going to the wand itself (not through the handle), the tip of the wand, the hook on the pack and the No Ghost logo on the gun. As for size, it varies in the Pilot and show but the Packs in the Pilot are smaller then the redesign Pack.

Image I found this image on google from a blog http://tokyotoybastard.blogspot.com/201 ... pilot.html

They look exactly the same? I dunno. I guess we have different definitions of the meaning of “exactly”
The wand is the main part I’m talking about. It’s terrible. The pack is way too small. As a kid I wanted something that resembled what I was seeing on TV. A tiny little pack with a blocky wand just wasn’t it.

Again, the show was on for a looong time, and Kenner never produced, to my knowledge, an accurate looking proton pack for an action figure. The pilot excuse maybe make sense for the first wave of action figures. But come on. They milked this franchise dry with all the toys produced. The only cool toy proton pack was the wearable one that came with the big yellow foam noodle. God I loved that thing. And the PKE metre? Oh man.

My grandma use to pay my sister and I 2 dollars each to “inspect” her apartment for ghosts with our gear. We use to roam the entire building playing Ghostbusters lol. Oh man. Those were the day. I had these awesome walkie talkies that we could communicate with each other between floors. Sometimes it would pick up phone calls that people in the building were making. God I miss being a kid sometimes.
I think if things get better by some divine miracle get better with the pandemic, id hope Sony would reschedule Afterlife for halloween, but realistically i rather doubt it.

I've excepted the fact long ago no matter how painful it is to except, that July 10 Afterlife will not be in theaters, regardless how badly i want it to be...its just not safe or practical or even possible at this point (i have no idea if Post production work on the film is continuing at this point but i dont see why small things that in theory can be done in isolation cant continue.

So as much as i hate the March release date, it seems practical IF things arent worse by then. Who the hell knows at this point.

Heres what Sony should do if they know for a fact they cant hit the march date...

PUT IT OUT ON DIGITAL, CHARGE 20 FOR A 24 HOUR RENTAL, 50 TO OWN OUTRIGHT...People will pay for atleast a rental! I know ill pay 50 to own it day one release and i bet you most of here would as well.

thats 30 bucks more they would make per ticket on average for ownership! (But at that price most non die hard fans would just pay for the rental)

Honestly at this point, having worked at multiple movie theaters as an usher and box office attendent, i just dont see people returning to theaters in droves for a long time regardless of whats playing.

Hell i myself dont plan on seeing ANY movie, INCLUDING AFTERLIFE if i have to put my and my families personal health on the line, so unless there is a vaccine in place by march and i have it, its just not worth the risk, as badly as i want to see it, and i think most sane rational people feel the same way.

There is no real practical way sans a return to Drive In's, that the movie theater business is going to return to normal until long after a vaccine is out and easily available to the mass public, and even then, all it takes is one jerk who returns to the theater with the virus and infects people who for what ever reason don't have a vaccine, to spread it all over again!

Think about it. How do you make the theaters safe for everyone...ask them for proof of a vaccine...first, that opens up all sorts of violations into personal privacy, and 2, how do you cross check and enforce something like that?

You dont.

Having been an usher myself multiple times, do you really think your average teenage usher is going to check or reinforce this? i rather doubt it.

Plus, you will have people who cant get a vaccine for various reasons, people who just refuse to because well..their idiots...and all it takes is one jerk in a theater with the virus infecting others and you have a major issue on your hand..

So realistically theaters are in a real situation here. Mark my words, if and when theaters open by July for movies like Tenant and Unhinged...your going to see outbreaks spike!

We have a built in solution though, home distribution...which ultimately is going to replace theaters in the long term same as they replaced going to blockbuster..

its only a matter of time.

Sure, once this pandemic is over and its safe to go out, there will always be theaters in some form, but i honestly think in the long term that they will be mostly specialty or nostalgic places and not the norm!

I hate to say it, but i think the golden age of movie theaters has been at a close for a long time, and i just dont see them making any real profit for the next few years...if at all.
Kingpin wrote: May 17th, 2020, 7:13 pm Glenn's referring specifically to the Pack Ray's wearing when he's sat atop Ecto-1. I had a quick look and it does appear to be different:

(Around the 1:11 mark)
Yeah.. Maybe. It’s different from the show for sure, but that wand doesn’t much look like the toy to me. All I know is the Kenner Toyline sucked from RGB. Again, they had like a million toys from that show. Not a single one had a proton pack that looked anything like what we got on the show.
Didn’t that bother anyone else?
RichardLess wrote: May 17th, 2020, 10:44 pm
Kingpin wrote: May 17th, 2020, 7:13 pm Glenn's referring specifically to the Pack Ray's wearing when he's sat atop Ecto-1. I had a quick look and it does appear to be different:

(Around the 1:11 mark)
Yeah.. Maybe. It’s different from the show for sure, but that wand doesn’t much look like the toy to me. All I know is the Kenner Toyline sucked from RGB. Again, they had like a million toys from that show. Not a single one had a proton pack that looked anything like what we got on the show.
I mean, not really. I was 5 at the time, so just happy with anything. And looking back at it now, it's an action figure with 5 points of articulation. I'm not sure how a visually accurate wand would work with the figures we got...
robbritton liked this
Dr. Stantz Jr. wrote: May 18th, 2020, 12:05 am

I mean, not really. I was 5 at the time, so just happy with anything. And looking back at it now, it's an action figure with 5 points of articulation. I'm not sure how a visually accurate wand would work with the figures we got...
See for me the proton pack was everything. It was the coolest damn prop my kids eyes ever saw. It looked neat, sounded cool. I was obsessed with it. I disliked the Kenner action figure proton pack so much I just jury rigged my own from this orange Transformer sound box that came with a Star Scream toy. It had two buttons for sounds and besides being orange, looked pretty good. Then for the wand I used this random accessory that came from somewhere..I don’t know. I always told myself it was the action figure accessory of Ray’s extendable slime scooper thing from GB2. The end of it looked like the bulbous end to the Real Ghostbusters wand, except grey. Whether it really was a Toy from GB2, I doubt it. But maybe? Does that accessory ring any bells for anyone? It’s grey, has a handle that resembles the handle on the Ghost Trap. I had all these random accessories for Toys that broke or got lost. Anyways, until EGB came out, that was the way I played with Ghostbusters action figures , with a jury rigged proton pack. Kids today are so lucky.
Dr. Stantz Jr. wrote: May 18th, 2020, 12:05 am

Likewise, I think I was eight when the figures got to the UK, and I just took it as read that that was what a proton pack looked like. The guns bugged me a bit, but I could get on with them ok. Honestly, apart from the number of cyclotron lights, it took me years to notice there was any real difference between the RGB and OGB packs!

I guess I'm learning that I wasn't a very observant child!
Holy crap! I found the accessory thing that I used as a makeshift neutrino wand! And it is from Ghostbusters! It’s this accessory in Venkman’s hand: https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Sc ... er_Venkman

The “screaming hero” figure. I don’t remember that design at all. But I totally have that “laser light” thingy somewhere in my attic toy chest.

I can’t believe it really was from Ghostbusters this whole time. Crazy.
RichardLess wrote: May 18th, 2020, 10:20 am Holy crap! I found the accessory thing that I used as a makeshift neutrino wand! And it is from Ghostbusters! It’s this accessory in Venkman’s hand: https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Sc ... er_Venkman

The “screaming hero” figure. I don’t remember that design at all. But I totally have that “laser light” thingy somewhere in my attic toy chest.

That’s really weird - I was going to post about using that as a replacement proton gun this morning but somehow managed to forget! Still, great minds...
robbritton wrote: May 18th, 2020, 2:04 pm
RichardLess wrote: May 18th, 2020, 10:20 am Holy crap! I found the accessory thing that I used as a makeshift neutrino wand! And it is from Ghostbusters! It’s this accessory in Venkman’s hand: https://ghostbusters.fandom.com/wiki/Sc ... er_Venkman

That’s really weird - I was going to post about using that as a replacement proton gun this morning but somehow managed to forget! Still, great minds...
Wait. You also used that as a replacement proton wand as a kid? Seriously? Lol great minds indeed. That’s amazing.

Now that I think about it more, I do remember that Venkman Toy. The green ghost attached to his chest and his arms would spin when you press a button on the back. Oddly enough I mentioned a Toy above that has its jaw open. But thinking about it more I remember his hair also poppin up and the eyes bugging out. I just don’t recall the yellow outfit.

I swear I also had a Winston toy that changed to a red or pinkish slime colour when he got wet, did anyone else have that toy?

I never had the Kenner Ecto 1 as a kid but I had(still have somewhere) the Extreme Ghostbusters Ecto 1. Which one do all you toy collectors prefer?

I remember asking for the Ghostbusters car for a birthday or for Christmas and didn’t specify “Ecto 1”. I was a 4-5 year old kid at the time. So the time comes to open my gifts and sure it enough it was a Ghostbusters car...technically. It was a yellow cab that had a ghost under the hood. I was so disappointed. That also kind of happened with the Batmobile. I had asked for a Batmobile for my birthday, I wanted the awesome one from the Tim Burton movies. Instead I got the one from the animated series, which was still cool, but ugh, I was so let down as a kid lol.
robbritton liked this
I do wonder if that accessory was loosely based off of the slime scoop... The figure came out in 1989, so it's not completely impossible.
RichardLess wrote: May 18th, 2020, 2:59 pm I never had the Kenner Ecto 1 as a kid but I had(still have somewhere) the Extreme Ghostbusters Ecto 1. Which one do all you toy collectors prefer?
Kenner for the aesthetics*. Treadmasters for the lights and sounds.

*(Nostalgia too. The Kenner Ecto was my first, although to be specific... It was my brother's, first. The morning of maybe Christmas 1988, or 1989, he received Ecto-1, and some figures, whilst I received the Firehouse and some figures).

That was one of my more vivid Ghostbusters memories of my early teens, whilst The Real Ghostbusters had still been getting some reruns up to at least 1995, I think eventually it did slip off the air on CITV entirely in 1995 or 1996. My brother and I were just getting ready to head out for a barber's appointment in 1997 when I suddenly saw a brief snipped advertising XGB, which would be starting momentarily that very afternoon. It had the Firehouse and Ecto-1... Was this really a new Ghostbusters cartoon?

I had enough time to scramble a tape into our VCR to record it before we had to head out.

And then, maybe that year, or the one after, I ended up at a Toys 'R' Us off the beaten track when we went to visit my brother at university, and they had the XGB Ecto-1 (which came with a free XGB-branded CD of Ray Parker Jr.'s theme with every purchase).
What a load of crap:

7 Reasons Ghostbusters: Afterlife Won't Revive The Franchise

https://whatculture.com/film/7-reasons- ... ise?page=1
I really loved both the Kenner ECTO-1 and the Trendmasters ECTO-1.
I should say the Kenner one was my favorite because I had that one when I was 4 but In the mid 90's when Extreme Ghostbusters version came out I was so excited to see a new ECTO-1 in stores. It was just different enough that I really became one of my favorite vehicles. It's almost a tie with me but I would have to choose Kenner.

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]