Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
BatDan wrote: ↑August 7th, 2021, 8:59 amImage

Bill murray as an extra?

Dana and Pete at dinner the same night that Grooberson and Callie are?

Probably neither, but still fun to analyze the screenshots.

But cmon..that looks alot like Bill.
I'm pretty sure that's Rashida Jones on the right--maybe they were filming On The Rocks at the same time they were filming Ghostbusters...
Bison256 wrote: ↑August 7th, 2021, 9:14 am Some silly person jumped the gun.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janine_Melnitz
I doubt Janine is Callie's mom.
BatDan wrote: ↑August 7th, 2021, 8:59 amImage

Bill murray as an extra?

Dana and Pete at dinner the same night that Grooberson and Callie are?

Probably neither, but still fun to analyze the screenshots.

But cmon..that looks alot like Bill.
I mean maybe...If you were drunk, lost your contacts. Smoking with Conan, I kid, I kid.
deadderek, groschopf, Sav C and 1 others liked this
I got my minipuft statues today. The fake marshmallow they include with them got me thinking. I wonder if it's a plot reference? Do they melt the mini pufts with a pack and melted marshmallow keeps coming after them? Like the blob? Podcasts' plasma series figure seems to suggest this.
Bison256 wrote: ↑August 7th, 2021, 11:52 am I got my minipuft statues today. The fake marshmallow they include with them got me thinking. I wonder if it's a plot reference? Do they melt the mini pufts with a pack and melted marshmallow keeps coming after them? Like the blob? Podcasts' plasma series figure seems to suggest this.
I was thinking something similar. In the first movie, green slime was the ooze, GB2 is the pink mood slime, could this marshmallow goo be the "slime" of this film? I think we WILL see traditional green slime as well, but perhaps this marshmallow slime will be a plot point?
MikeyJ122 wrote: ↑August 7th, 2021, 12:32 pm
Bison256 wrote: ↑August 7th, 2021, 11:52 am I got my minipuft statues today. The fake marshmallow they include with them got me thinking. I wonder if it's a plot reference? Do they melt the mini pufts with a pack and melted marshmallow keeps coming after them? Like the blob? Podcasts' plasma series figure seems to suggest this.
I was thinking something similar. In the first movie, green slime was the ooze, GB2 is the pink mood slime, could this marshmallow goo be the "slime" of this film? I think we WILL see traditional green slime as well, but perhaps this marshmallow slime will be a plot point?
There is a ghost popper that shoots mini Pufts, but the manufacturer specifically said they don't know if that will happen in the movie.

Take that as you will.
groschopf, deadderek liked this
Alphagaia wrote: ↑August 7th, 2021, 2:08 pm There is a ghost popper that shoots mini Pufts, but the manufacturer specifically said they don't know if that will happen in the movie.

Take that as you will.
If I had to guess, any toy weapon that resembles the Ecto-1 probably doesn't connect to anything in the film.
(Of course, I'll have to eat those words if they mount a marshmallow cannon to the car at some point.)

RedSpecial, Alphagaia liked this
Sav C wrote: ↑August 7th, 2021, 9:26 amI'm pretty sure that's Rashida Jones on the right--maybe they were filming On The Rocks at the same time they were filming Ghostbusters...
This is theoretically a Bill joke, but there's actually a whole deleted subplot from Role Models where Rashida Jones plays a waitress in a restaurant Paul Rudd/Seann William Scott/Christopher Mintz-Plasse/Bobb'e J. Thomspon visit, and Scott ends up working at.
groschopf wrote: ↑August 7th, 2021, 3:30 pm Side note about the "like" button issue β€” it seems to work after I post to the board. If I leave the page and return, it stops working.
groschopf, Sav C liked this
groschopf wrote: ↑August 7th, 2021, 3:30 pm Side note about the "like" button issue β€” it seems to work after I post to the board. If I leave the page and return, it stops working.
Have you experimented with other browsers to see if the problem persists through those? What is the default browser you're currently using?
One site has 'September' as a vague date for when all these Afterlife toys reaching the UK.

Any non-US folks run into any? Eg. new Fright Features, Ecto slime vials?

Also... did I misremember or did deadderek drop hints at more Lego sets a while ago. Presumably we would hear about those soon with the movie finally ramping up promotion? I REALLY hope the farmhouse and lab will be a set.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: ↑August 8th, 2021, 8:18 am One site has 'September' as a vague date for when all these Afterlife toys reaching the UK.

Also... did I misremember or did deadderek drop hints at more Lego sets a while ago. Presumably we would hear about those soon with the movie finally ramping up promotion? I REALLY hope the farmhouse and lab will be a set.
A few months back some Youtube channel claimed they had insider info that a ton of new GB Lego sets were coming.

That didn't sound right based on what I knew so I reached out to Eric who said "I WISH we did."

That's as far as that convo went though.
deadderek wrote: ↑August 8th, 2021, 12:17 pm
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: ↑August 8th, 2021, 8:18 am One site has 'September' as a vague date for when all these Afterlife toys reaching the UK.

A few months back some Youtube channel claimed they had insider info that a ton of new GB Lego sets were coming.

That didn't sound right based on what I knew so I reached out to Eric who said "I WISH we did."

You know how it works around here.

That means the whole town is an interconnected playset.
deadderek wrote: ↑August 8th, 2021, 12:17 pm A few months back some Youtube channel claimed they had insider info that a ton of new GB Lego sets were coming.

Consider my expectations re-calibrated appropriately. :blush:
deadderek liked this
Richardless, did you want to see the convo? Confused as to what you disliked about me sharing what Ghost Corps said to me. :sigh:
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: ↑August 8th, 2021, 1:11 pm
deadderek wrote: ↑August 8th, 2021, 12:17 pm A few months back some Youtube channel claimed they had insider info that a ton of new GB Lego sets were coming.

Consider my expectations re-calibrated appropriately. :blush:
To be fair he didn't say "No further sets at all." Literally just said "I WISH we did."

So fingers crossed we do end up with another Lego set or 2. I'm not a LEGO collector and am very surprised to see what some older sets go for. I'm thinking of selling my Ecto-1 & Original GB's off to be honest.

(No not yet and not on GBFans as I don't have a supporting membership.)
So fingers crossed we do end up with another Lego set or 2. I'm not a LEGO collector and am very surprised to see what some older sets go for. I'm thinking of selling my Ecto-1 & Original GB's off to be honest.
I am a Lego collector. A completed Iron Man ultimate Art Set is asking for near a grand now. The Daily Bugle Set is still available at the normal price but some sites are asking near if not over $400 for it. The daily bugle set is a freaking awesome set but i'm still waiting on replacement pieces to finish the project.

I'm hoping we get at least the farm house or police station still. I'd love have a haunted diner thrown in as well.

If they go on the market, be ready to jump on the VIP order or you'll miss out. Come Black Friday, good luck finding any.
deadderek liked this
I think, practically speaking, the temple in Shandor's mine would be the most likely element of the movie to be turned into a set... It presents a number of substantial visual features that'd create interesting building opportunities, as well as hidden play features.

In the ideal, the set would also come with a Wrecto version of the Ideas Ecto-1, as that's basically been carrying the marketing weight all the way through the pandemic.
Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
GBFANS Ghostlabs light kit

Hey everybody, this is my first post so let me kno[…]

I've ordered one of these for a friend to use off […]

GB News is calling the Pink Camo Tint the last m[…]

Sugarland Express.Very early Spielberg movie,it's […]