Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
For a moment, I thought the newspapers around the nine minute mark might have been something interesting... but I think they're just real Canadian newspapers. I could be wrong, but I think that "Concerning" article is talking about StatCan in Lethbridge. Calgary Sun?
I still think its Rays hand with the PKE. And the stained glass is a sanctuary of sorts above the book store..or Ray became a kooky doomsday preacher in his later years and preaches the Revelations in a rundown church with leaky ceilings.

Now hear me out: Rays tattoo

Another tidbit is Dan himself was fixing to be a priest before becoming a comedian. I think it be funny if Ray was on a “mission from God” as well.

Back of his box says “Ray says dont go chasing ghosts..” so leads me to believe ghost hunting to him is a dangerous path for others.

Years of dealing with demons and evil spirits..also being possessed by one and being hosed in positive mood slime…will affect someone as enthusiastic as Ray into another direction.

It may be a flashback Egon hand..but i dunno ..i think the film will be as linear as possible.
Sav C liked this
BatDan wrote: September 15th, 2021, 4:56 pm I still think its Rays hand with the PKE. And the stained glass is a sanctuary of sorts above the book store..or Ray became a kooky doomsday preacher in his later years and preaches the Revelations in a rundown church with leaky ceilings.

Another tidbit is Dan himself was fixing to be a priest before becoming a comedian. I think it be funny if Ray was on a “mission from God” as well.

Back of his box says “Ray says dont go chasing ghosts..” so leads me to believe ghost hunting to him is a dangerous path for others.

Years of dealing with demons and evil spirits..also being possessed by one and being hosed in positive mood slime…will affect someone as enthusiastic as Ray into another direction.

It may be a flashback Egon hand..but i dunno ..i think the film will be as linear as possible.
I initially thought Ray too, but honestly the hand is way to...slim. Dan Aykroyd has some hefty ham hocks. Look at the final shot in the trailer.

Maybe the opening, pre-credit is Egon disappearing.
BatDan wrote: September 15th, 2021, 4:56 pm I still think its Rays hand with the PKE. And the stained glass is a sanctuary of sorts above the book store..or Ray became a kooky doomsday preacher in his later years and preaches the Revelations in a rundown church with leaky ceilings.

That doesn't jive with him still running Ray's Occult Books
Last edited by Bison256 on September 15th, 2021, 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceBallz wrote: September 15th, 2021, 6:30 pm Definitely the shot of the mist/fog rolling in and Egon's hand using the PKE meter is a prologue.
Whose hand it is depends on who makes the mods to the PKE meter. I'm thinking we'll see at least 2 versions of the PKE in the movie, if not 3.

Original PKE
PKE Taser
and if the Clue box art and the toy are correct
PKE Taser with red screen.

In the scene with Pheobe walking to the shed you can see that it has a green screen, but it's hard to tell if the wings have the taser points on them:

In the scene where it is in our mystery persons hand the wings have the taser points:

We have seen the scene where Pheobe is working on something and you can kind of make out what looks to be the handle of the PKE on the table in front of her:

We know that there is a version of the PKE with the green screen and the taser points:

Here on the insert from the clue game you can kind of make out that the PKE has a red/amber screen:

I had seen a better image of this before but I can't seem to find it now.
Also you can see that the arms are in the taser position and part of the mechanism that allows them to swing out from the body.

What this all means is that if it is Pheobe that mods the PKE to be a taser and have a red screen then it can't be Egon. If she finds the PKE with the taser function added then it could be Egon. If only we could find a scene where she comes across the PKE to determine which version it is.

BTW, I think some of these images came from ghostbustersnews.com so they get the credit where due.
mrmichaelt liked this
timeware wrote: September 15th, 2021, 10:53 pm I'm betting those are Phoebe's hands in that labcoat. it does look like Egon's uniform. We know at some point she finds it and maybe it's the PKE meter that leads her into the lab.
Well if it is Pheobe's hand then she has some raging arthritis and a serious case of old man hands.
SpaceBallz, Davideverona, Corey91 and 1 others liked this
This may be what you folks are talking about, but didn't the cinemacon impressions or a website mention:

Very mild non-specific spoilers:
This Post Contains Spoilers
Bison256 wrote: September 15th, 2021, 8:10 pm

How so? Demonology is very much a part of Catholicism.

Dan himself is Christian and believes in the occult as well.

Or do you mean like too much to pack in at once?
Davideverona wrote: September 16th, 2021, 4:19 am One thing about Ray that makes me curious is what they written on the back of his Afterlife Plasma Line Box:
This Post Contains Spoilers
That doesn't sounds like the paranormal enthusiasts he always was.
Is the next line on the box "please stick to the shivers and the shakes that you're used to"?
Alphagaia, Chicken, He Clucked and 5 others liked this
BatDan wrote: September 16th, 2021, 1:53 am
Bison256 wrote: September 15th, 2021, 8:10 pm

How so? Demonology is very much a part of Catholicism.

Dan himself is Christian and believes in the occult as well.

Or do you mean like too much to pack in at once?
He was raised Roman Catholic but is now a Spiritualist.
timeware wrote: September 16th, 2021, 12:01 am Your right, but still I have my doubt's that it's a flashback scene.
It may not be a flashback, but a prologue... Like the librarian or the pram scene. The film opens on Egon - he realizes that things are getting worse, and he tries to put things into motion... But we end up witnessing his final moments... Not directly... But enough to know that his life has reached its end, with a lot left unresolved.

This quickly brings us into the first half of the movie's emotional core: regret and things left unsaid... It sets the serious tone for Afterlife, before we're introduced to Callie, Phoebe and Trevor, and their their struggles.
deadderek liked this
Bison256 wrote: September 16th, 2021, 11:46 am
Prime 1986 wrote: September 16th, 2021, 7:59 am "Ray Stantz says: don't go chasing ghosts. But if you do... call him."

...but not after 7:00 on weekdays.
I always forget the US doesn't use Military Time for some silly reason and I read this as 07:00 in the morning instead of 19:00.
Granted even if you added PM I normally have to look up if that's early or late.
Bison256 wrote: September 16th, 2021, 11:46 am
Prime 1986 wrote: September 16th, 2021, 7:59 am "Ray Stantz says: don't go chasing ghosts. But if you do... call him."

...but not after 7:00 on weekdays.
Midnight on Saturdays.
It doesn't necessarily have to start with Egon. It could start with the previous owner. Perhaps it starts with the construction of the house and we get a sort of greatest hits compilation with the people that lived in it before we end up with the Spenglers.

A sort of expositionary tour through the house as it builds and changes and every room shows a scene as the house gets older and creepier, still surviving after the people that live there perished, untill it meets the Spenglers.
Last edited by Alphagaia on September 16th, 2021, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]