Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Alphagaia
They were jokingly talking about Bill basically portraying 'Michael Schumer' in ATC. Which is someone Dan dislikes. Probably a sceptic in real life. Instead of throwing him out of a window, did you notice Dan said I'd rather put him in my old farmhouse? What's that? What's that?

So do we know that house is from Ray? Or is he talking about his own actual house?
By groschopf
Alphagaia wrote: September 13th, 2019, 5:03 am They were jokingly talking about Bill basically portraying 'Michael Schumer' in ATC. Which is someone Dan dislikes. Probably a sceptic in real life.

This looks like a job for... CAPTAIN PEDANTIC

Yup. Skeptic with a capital "S", founder of the Skeptic's Society, editor in chief of Skeptic magazine (which has been problematic for a few years now), and author of several books. Got two of his books on my shelf; Why People Believe Weird Things, and The Science of Good and Evil.

In 2013, PZ Myers posted an allegation from an unnamed woman stating she had been raped by Shermer, and later another woman came forward stating he tried slipping a pill into her drink.

source: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Michael_Shermer

So... complicated figure. Good books, questionable human being. He's a Skeptic, but he's running a magazine that has been more trolly than Skeptical as of late (especially since the New York Times crawled up his ass five years ago).

I'm surprised Dan knows who he is, but I can certainly see why both a true believer and decent human being like Dan would be in conflict with a figure like Shermer.
Alphagaia liked this
By BatDan
lozbloke wrote: September 13th, 2019, 1:50 am
Davideverona wrote: September 13th, 2019, 1:42 amhttps://youtu.be/4LIsLD3j0oQ

1:46 starts the fun.

Dan is the Tom Holland of the Ghostbusters franchise :D

Come on, guys. Bill himself said that he'd do it if asked.
Just watched it. He did smirk a bit when Bill Murray was mentioned and definitely seemed to be really trying to watch what he could say.
exactly. he looked like a parent around Christmas time who isnt going to reveal what presents Santa got them.
By BatDan
Now the interview and Eric's instapost makes me feel like we're building up to something. October/Halloween must be some type of a announcement reveal time. fingers crossed..

Dan wouldn't spill the beans like that if he knew we werent close to some type of announcement plan, as he's been quiet and done very little publicity since the announcement in January.

RAY IS BACK!..holy shit!!!

I listened to the clip again when Joe asks if Bill's coming back. it sounds like Joe already knows and he's playing along.
Sav C liked this
BatDan wrote: September 13th, 2019, 6:52 am RAY IS BACK!..holy shit!!!

I listened to the clip again when Joe asks if Bill's coming back. it sounds like Joe already knows and he's playing along.
Awesome little tid bits from that. It was funny watching Dan almost reveal the title. And his sorta smirk, coupled with Joe's reaction... yea, Bill's in it.
BatDan liked this
By JonXCTrack
Aykroyd's statement on Rogan's podcast that "most of the original cast is returning" is encouraging. Obviously Ramis won't appear in the flesh, but he could appear via CGI or old footage, and I'd bank on that. Moranis is a question mark. Murray is a question mark, but less so given his recent statement that he would do this new movie if asked. Aykroyd confirmed he is in it because he said he has to shoot some scenes. And Hudson also confirmed he was in it between his Cameo.com video and the video he did at the Comicon in Mexico City.

I was feeling uneasy about kids driving around in the Ecto-1 chasing ghosts. But that's all we really know of the film at this moment. It's quite possible that this is just one scene in the film, and we get a proper reunion with the surviving Ghostbusters.
BatDan liked this
By BatDan
Jason's the type of director Bill drools over. im sure Jason was like "Bill if you're in this...i'll put you in one of my snoozy oscar bait movies"

If he's already met with all of them over the past year to go over the script. i'm sure they were all signed on a while ago, its just a matter of time when we get the 'confirmation'

I'm lookin most forward to Bill returning, Venkman's my favorite and Bill's one of my favorite actors of all time (shocker, being a GB fan.) Bill's roles in indie ficks like Broken Flowers and Saint Vincent is probably his best work..and Jason's writing style is that boat so i can see him writing a juicy part for Bill to chomp into for GB20. So i'm excited to see some type of hybrid style of the Venkman character in a more 'modern indie' approach of writing.

when Dan says "most" he corrects himself after saying "all" could possibly refer to Ramis, Bill and Rick. i think mostly "Bill" since thats the biggest 'hush hush' right now.
By Corey91
I've only been on this forum for like two months but has anyone talked about how both Dan and Bill are in the new Zombieland movie together? I'm sure they talked about GB20 while shooting that... especially if they're referencing ghostbusters again like the first one
BatDan, Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
By BatDan
Corey91 wrote: September 13th, 2019, 8:56 am I've only been on this forum for like two months but has anyone talked about how both Dan and Bill are in the new Zombieland movie together? I'm sure they talked about GB20 while shooting that... especially if they're referencing ghostbusters again like the first one
I'm sure they have. i also think that reuniting with Dan on that might have helped Bill get in the 'mood' to work alongside him in GB20, heck, working with them on the VG got him in the mood to do GB3 10 years ago so... fingers crossed..or streams.
Corey91 liked this
Even as the ardent detractor toward Murray that I am, I fully believe he's in it.

The recent interview was the most direct thing he's ever said about it, and it was seemingly unconditional. In the past, if he was ever admitting openness to the possibility, it was always presented with an unreachable caveat of "well, if the script is good..." That wasn't his tune recently, it was basically a statement of "if I'm wanted, I'm there."

I think the fact that he and the others were reading the script over the last year was a big plus for Bill. I'm sure they're not going to be keeping up with the script's development if it didn't mean that their two cents weren't being acknowledged. I think Bill got to influence the direction of the story and Venkman too, helping to get him more invested. I'm sure Ernie did too. Even being pleased with the ideas though, I think Ernie wasn't going to just take any old paycheck for it, hence why he seemed to be playing hardball until they settled on a deal he liked (and really, he was right to do so. Ernie's is one of the title characters).

I think, especially with Steelberg's Instagram post, it's probably set in stone. I think the DP for the movie itself posting some Bill Murray related stuff is too leading--and he'd know it. I'm convinced.

And I surmise, a bit darkly, that the fact Bill wouldn't have to work with Harold again was a determining factor. Hey, they reportedly made-up on Harold's deathbed, but that still doesn't mean Bill would have been interested in working with the guy again.
Corey91, BatDan liked this
By philmorgan81
So Ivan Reitman revealed a bit more about Paul Rudd's character when he was at the opening of The Hollywood Horror Nights Maze. He is apparently a seismologist that is studying strange earthquakes in the town and teaches Summer School as well. The second half we already knew, but now we know his field of expertise. I think it's safe to say he will be one of the new Ghostbusters. :):):)
By Coover5
This Post Contains Spoilers
By BatDan
philmorgan81 wrote: September 13th, 2019, 9:04 pm Sorry Guys here you go just watch the video on this page. They talk to Dan and Ivan. :):):)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/video/see- ... vp-AAHgBTh
Earthquakes huh?

The seas boiled and the skies fell? Hmm

The part at the end..that cheeky smirk after mentioning the murricane.

Man the teases are giving me ectoplasmic blue balls.
By robbritton
philmorgan81 wrote: September 13th, 2019, 9:04 pm Sorry Guys here you go just watch the video on this page. They talk to Dan and Ivan. :):):)

Dan explicitly mentioning that it follows the first two movies, so I guess the people who were worried about GB2 being retconned out can relax!
deadderek, Kingpin, mrmichaelt and 2 others liked this
By Alphagaia

So Paul Rudd's character is
looking into a strange occurance of
Last edited by Alphagaia on September 14th, 2019, 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
By Kingpin
Ghostbusters: Tremors
Ghostbusters: Breaking New Ground

Hmm, with the new info, plus what we already know, I wonder if this film will utilise the controversial fracking process as part of the basis of the story.
Sav C liked this
Proton Props UK

A handful? Really? Good luck with your wait, I ho[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]