Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Alphagaia
timeware wrote: September 14th, 2019, 5:39 am Kingpin you beat me to Tremors! Lets get Michael Gross to play the principal. Ghostbusters 3 Rise of the Graboids. I want to hear Dan say ass blasters!
And I already beat Kingpin with aftershocks (a tremors sequel)

Let it be known!
By groschopf
Ghostbusters: On Shaky Ground
Ghostbusters: Fault Lines
Ghostbusters: Subduction
Ghostbusters: Full Rip 9.0
Ghostbusters: Shaking the Family T(h)ree
Ghostbusters: Secure Your Bookshelves and Stand in a Doorway
Ghostbusters: Act of Gods
Ghostbusters: Miner Endangerment
By GBPaulRivera
robbritton wrote: September 14th, 2019, 12:07 am
philmorgan81 wrote: September 13th, 2019, 9:04 pm Sorry Guys here you go just watch the video on this page. They talk to Dan and Ivan. :):):)

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/video/see- ... vp-AAHgBTh
Dan explicitly mentioning that it follows the first two movies, so I guess the people who were worried about GB2 being retconned out can relax!
This might mean that the video game isn't taken into canon anymore
By philmorgan81
GBPaulRivera wrote: September 14th, 2019, 3:15 pm
robbritton wrote: September 14th, 2019, 12:07 am

Dan explicitly mentioning that it follows the first two movies, so I guess the people who were worried about GB2 being retconned out can relax!
This might mean that the video game isn't taken into canon anymore

LOL! I think that was Dan’s way of just letting the reporter know that this new movie is a sequel to the original film series. Which is exactly what it is. Most of the press and general public are aware that there were 2 Ghostbusters films. They may not be aware of the video game so in order to answer the reporter’s question it is probably easier to just mention the movies. I doubt the movie will go out of it’s way to acknowledge nor deny the events of the game happened. A lot of time has passed since Ghostbusters 2 and this new movie so it is pretty easy to except the possibility that the events of the game happened in November of 1991. :):):)
Sav C, robbritton liked this
By mrmichaelt
Alphagaia wrote: September 14th, 2019, 8:15 am I have no idea what the joke is here.

Help a guy out here!
Paul Rudd portrays the 2nd Ant-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. Mark Ruffalo portrays Bruce Banner/Hulk. Ruffalo is an outspoken voice against frakking. Now that that is explained, what loosely passed as a joke is no longer a joke. ;)
GBPaulRivera wrote: September 14th, 2019, 3:15 pm This might mean that the video game isn't taken into canon anymore
An omission of a mention isn't something to be alarmed with. It ties more into the two movies than it does into the game. Next.
janeb984 wrote: I really thought you guys would have more to say about the descendants part...
We've already been speaking dozens of pages about who the new characters could be descended from. The new info about Rudd's character being a seismologist is the catnip we're pawing at.
By Kingpin
timeware wrote: September 14th, 2019, 5:43 pm Not necessarily. Remember Vigo is in the fire house during the course of the game. So it actually follows the first two films itself. There's still a possibility.
That doesn't really mean anything.

But... The remark was off-the-cuff, Dan may not've remembered the game at that exact moment, or he might've figured it wouldn't be as memorable to people outside of the community. There's a reasonable chance the game may be considered canon, but we'll find out in ten months.
By timeware
Either way we still have the remastered version coming out, but I would be super happy if we see some of the upgrades added to the old equipment the kids are dusting off. The proton chair was a treat itself.
By Alphagaia
mrmichaelt wrote: September 14th, 2019, 8:29 pm
Alphagaia wrote: September 14th, 2019, 8:15 am I have no idea what the joke is here.

Help a guy out here!
Paul Rudd portrays the 2nd Ant-Man in the Marvel Cinematic Universe movies. Mark Ruffalo portrays Bruce Banner/Hulk. Ruffalo is an outspoken voice against frakking. Now that that is explained, what loosely passed as a joke is no longer a joke. ;)
Thx for trying. I still don't get it as I don't know what frakking is. Had to Google it, doesn't help that it's also a name in Dutch. But it had something to do with replacing oil with water.
And I still don't get why it's controversial and what it had to do with any of this. So confused!
By Coover5
Rudd's character studies earth quakes. Fracking is a type of mining that causes earth quakes. The film setting is a mining town.

Creating the question: Will the foretold biblical earthquakes come to be courtesy of the town's possible fracking operations?
Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
By mrmichaelt
Alphagaia wrote: September 14th, 2019, 11:52 pm Thx for trying. I still don't get it as I don't know what frakking is. Had to Google it, doesn't help that it's also a name in Dutch. But it had something to do with replacing oil with water.
And I still don't get why it's controversial and what it had to do with any of this. So confused!
To quote Egon, it would be bad.

Imagine it as a new way to drill for oil but creating an increased risk for tainting the water supply of nearby communities, potential for more oil spills, triggering more earthquakes, and releasing more greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.
Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
By RichRyan1507
You guys are too much. I can't imagine why on Earth anyone would thick they'd bring fracking into a GB movie. What did Ray say the building was made of? Magnesium, tungsten, and selenium. Odds are that Shandor mined one of those here.

Also, I think that you're going to be disappointed about the game being Canon. At most, they're just going to ignore it in the film and not mention it. I'd be incredibly shocked if you saw anything related to the game in this.
By timeware
The fact the Shandors are involved? While someone could easily explain away the link to the game my point is the vg used it first. It may not be a direct copy but the story proved popular enough to make into the film. Shandor mining company and if any of the kids come from that family without knowing it there's the video game plot right there.
By Coover5
QUESTION FOR EVERYONE

Proton packs and ghost traps are essential for catching a ghost. Which nonessential or lesser essential piece of tech would you like to see return in GB3? I would love a return of the giga meter.
Last edited by Coover5 on September 15th, 2019, 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C, Corey91, Kingpin liked this
By Alphagaia
Coover5 wrote: September 15th, 2019, 7:08 am QUESTION FOR EVERYONE

Proton packs and ghost traps are essential for catching a ghost. Which nonessential or lesser essential piece of tech would you like to see return in GB3? I would love a return of the giga meter.
The ecto goggles, in a way that only with it she can see some evil entity is stalking someone.
By SpaceBallz
janeb984 wrote: September 14th, 2019, 6:52 am An earthquake obviously disturbed the mine and opened a gateway.

I really thought you guys would have more to say about the descendants part...
I think we've all accepted that the kids are related to the GBs (well, egon) since the casting and the photos of Finn/Grace look very Spenglery, so it's nothing really new. Confirmation is cool tho.
By tylergfoster
SpaceBallz wrote: September 15th, 2019, 8:51 am
janeb984 wrote: September 14th, 2019, 6:52 am An earthquake obviously disturbed the mine and opened a gateway.

I really thought you guys would have more to say about the descendants part...
I think we've all accepted that the kids are related to the GBs (well, egon) since the casting and the photos of Finn/Grace look very Spenglery, so it's nothing really new. Confirmation is cool tho.
I am actively rooting against this! I think it's lazy and boring! And I'm still hoping Jason's statement at Fan Fest that they don't know their connection rules out a family connection. Anything else would be better.

Honestly, writing this, I'm thinking maybe the nature of the town itself is the connection, as that seems like something they'd uncover in their investigation.

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]