Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By SpaceBallz
I didn't hear that it was like an Indiana Jones film, BUT I did hear its like "Cannibal Women of the Avacado Jungle of Death." Take that as you will.
By Kingpin
New York made a more understandable base of operation for Shandor than Summerville, there'd be the access to easily forgetable and disposable people who could fuel Shandor's cult practices, influential and wealthy cult members, pooled spiritual energy from the centuries of prior city history.

Plus "rust city" could easily be a reference to the phrase we often use when we see something that's more rust than metal, like Wrecto-1. :)
By outatimeecto
I keep wondering if Dan's original ideas for the second film might figure into the mix, the whole underground trying to find someone in the under world was a concept he worked with: "For the sequel, Dan Aykroyd once again wrote the initial script--a story in which Dana was kidnapped and taken to Scotland where she discovered a fairy ring and civilization underground. "My first draft was really too far out," Aykroyd reflected. "It was probably too inaccessible, though I thought at the time I wrote it that it was the direction we should go in. I wanted to leave New York City behind because I thought we had done that. But New York is really the greatest arena for our kind of ghost story, and staying in the city gave continuity to the second film. One idea that did stay in our script was the notion of having things occur underground. We went skyward in the first film--up to the top of a skyscraper--so I thought for the second one it would be nice to see the underbelly of the city. But my original concept for going underground was different. It involved a pneumatic tube two thousand miles long that they traveled in for three days. It was like a primitive mail chute." from Cinefex 40.
BatDan liked this
By Paco
the idea of an underground city reminds me of the idea akryoyd pitched originally for ghostbusters 2, where the team travels abroad (scotland or ireland i think) after dana's been kidnapped by fairies. the notion of going underground came from that script and snaked its way into gb2 with the van horne station.
mrmichaelt liked this
By SpaceBallz
If Bill wants to do a picture he'll just show up unannounced last minute, I'm assuming he's doing this for GB3. He has a reputation for doing this all the time.
By Corey91
If Bill wants to do a picture he'll just show up unannounced last minute, I'm assuming he's doing this for GB3. He has a reputation for doing this all the time.

Except you can't just show up day of for a film shoot lol each day is pre-planned months in advanced. Switching set ups just because Bill Murray showed up would cost Sony millions of dollars and we all know they can't afford that during production. If he is in it, he 100% has a call time.
By Michael Scott
I wouldn’t be shocked if there was an A script and B script based on whether Murray shows up or not. They know by now that he is unpredictable. They could come in prepared for the A script and if he’s a no show still be ready to go with B.
Kingpin, SpaceBallz liked this
By Corey91
Still, that is nearly impossible for a studio film production. Even for a scene (2-3 pages) that could be $250,000 wasted money. Everything that is in a script costs money. If Bill Murray shows up, that's money to his assistant, the trailer, the make up people, wardrobe, stand ins, additional lights, additional all sorts of crew. Everything about the movie is planned, there is no way in hell that they have a plan B that they can just switch out in minutes if a certain actor shows up that day.

He's in it or he's not. Production won't change on a day to day basis because of a supporting character. We won't know until we see the movie like others have pointed out.
Alphagaia liked this
By Michael Scott
Fair enough. We know from Dan’s comments that there is a role for Bill in this movie. Dan wouldn’t plead for him to be in it publicly if there wasn’t. But we also know nobody that knows Bill would bet the farm that he’s going to show up. The expectation can be that he’ll be there, but they’d be foolish to assume as much. I’m just saying a backup plan isn’t a bad idea.
SpaceBallz liked this
By Coover5
Hollywood will do whatever they want if they think it will affect the box office. Eric Stoltz filmed seven weeks of Back to the Future but was replaced with Michael J Fox. And it cost them nearly all the money in the world when reshoots were done on All The Money In The World replacing Spacey with Plummer. Bill Murray is a walking talking dollar sign. If they get him even after production wraps they will fit him into the reshoots.
SpaceBallz liked this
By Corey91
Re-shoots are one thing, two different scripts is an absolutely different ballpark. Did we already forget this is the same company that threatened legal action when he wouldn't cameo in ATC? Now we think the same studio would make two different budgets based on 'if' he shows up...

Also, replacing someone months later does not equal changing setups on the same day. Each has their own budget.
By JonXCTrack
Corey91 wrote:Re-shoots are one thing, two different scripts is an absolutely different ballpark. Did we already forget this is the same company that threatened legal action when he wouldn't cameo in ATC? Now we think the same studio would make two different budgets based on 'if' he shows up...

Also, replacing someone months later does not equal changing setups on the same day. Each has their own budget.
Without a signed contract with Murray, any role created for Murray in this film would be reduced to a brief cameo that is not essential to the storyline. If Murray doesn't show up, they'll simply never shoot the brief scene and call it a day.
By Coover5
Also let's not forget the '94 Fantastic Four film that cost 1 million (add 700k for inflation to update it) just to keep rights. And that's one example of many where studios sacrificed big money.

And yes many Hollywood movies do have scripts with alternate scenes. Some major movies will film large sections of fake movie just to hide the film they are making. This movie doesn't have a tight budget. It has a tight budget for the kind of film it is. We aren't talking about them trying to make this movie on 15 million. We're talking making it on 70-85 million.

Bill Murray is such a power house American Zoetrope started production on a 4 million dollar movie (Lost in Translation) with no idea if they even had a leading man. But it was worth the risk if they could get Murray. That's what he's worth to Hollywood.
SpaceBallz liked this
By Corey91
Fair enough. We know from Dan’s comments that there is a role for Bill in this movie. Dan wouldn’t plead for him to be in it publicly if there wasn’t. But we also know nobody that knows Bill would bet the farm that he’s going to show up. The expectation can be that he’ll be there, but they’d be foolish to assume as much. I’m just saying a backup plan isn’t a bad idea.

Oh, Totally! - I think he keeps bringing it up as a PR move. Anytime someone gets confirmed there are hundreds of comments asking about Bill. Between Dan's comments from JRE as well as his comment from his interview at HHN, I think they are playing it up to get butts in seats. I hope I am wrong, but I can totally see Bill being left out of any trailers or marketing so the general public keeps asking "yeah but is Bill Murray in this?", up until he shows up at the end and everyone rejoices.

His smile while talking about "calling Mr. Murray" seems a little too facetious
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... vp-AAHgBTh
BatDan liked this
By timeware
I'm not ruling out Bills involvement until there's an official statement. In regards to ATC Hemsworth admits that his character was dropped in after the script was written.
This was in an interview on GB Fans news feed.
So at this point I can really get by if Bill doesn't reprise his role. I'd love to see him return in a supportive role at least but it is what it is.
By Alphagaia
Corey91 wrote: September 17th, 2019, 2:47 pm Re-shoots are one thing, two different scripts is an absolutely different ballpark. Did we already forget this is the same company that threatened legal action when he wouldn't cameo in ATC? Now we think the same studio would make two different budgets based on 'if' he shows up...

They didn't threaten legal action if he didn't show up for ATC. The email that only considered it was written a year before Feig even pitched ATC, when they were still working on a sequel. In that year GhostCorps was created which removed the veto the boys had, so there was no need to sue. Bill was actually for a reboot, and wanted an all female cast as said in an interview, as it would get him of the hook.

So that's absolute bogus.

Also, if Bill is legally obligated to appear in GB movies, why worry if he will be in this one?
By BatDan
Corey91 wrote: September 17th, 2019, 3:55 pm

Oh, Totally! - I think he keeps bringing it up as a PR move. Anytime someone gets confirmed there are hundreds of comments asking about Bill. Between Dan's comments from JRE as well as his comment from his interview at HHN, I think they are playing it up to get butts in seats. I hope I am wrong, but I can totally see Bill being left out of any trailers or marketing so the general public keeps asking "yeah but is Bill Murray in this?", up until he shows up at the end and everyone rejoices.

His smile while talking about "calling Mr. Murray" seems a little too facetious
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... vp-AAHgBTh
I agree. If hes not in it, why bring it up and play coy? ..just saying. Set photo leaks have been scant at best and were almost through filming..they wouldnt be so secretive about this film if they werent trying to spoil something special...If they werent, its like so what? Youre filming another Gb movie, we already got one a couple years ago..so what are ya hidin?

Somethings up and i hope im right.
Corey91 liked this
By SpaceBallz
Maybe they're taking a few notes from Marvel and have a few fake scripts floating around and/or filming alternate scenes to throw nosey gossipy crew members from talking. I mean, this is a very secretive project that's had a very rough past with leaks.

Would explain the two different detailed plot synopsis floating from gossipy alleged ex-employees, also lines up with that guy over at the fb spoilers page saying they paid several writers to write scripts on a few scenes from the real script (allegedly).
BatDan, Glenn Frederick liked this
By RichardLess
Coover5 wrote: September 17th, 2019, 2:58 pm Also let's not forget the '94 Fantastic Four film that cost 1 million (add 700k for inflation to update it) just to keep rights. And that's one example of many where studios sacrificed big money.

And yes many Hollywood movies do have scripts with alternate scenes. Some major movies will film large sections of fake movie just to hide the film they are making. This movie doesn't have a tight budget. It has a tight budget for the kind of film it is. We aren't talking about them trying to make this movie on 15 million. We're talking making it on 70-85 million.

Bill Murray is such a power house American Zoetrope started production on a 4 million dollar movie (Lost in Translation) with no idea if they even had a leading man. But it was worth the risk if they could get Murray. That's what he's worth to Hollywood.
Christ, on the *original* Ghostbusters films they weren't sure if he was going to show up...until he did.

Also, consider this. And it may mean something and it may not. Dan & Bill were in Ontario Canada quite a few times in 2017. They were in photographed at a pizzeria together. So it's not like they don't see each other or talk.

Then again, and this may mean something and it may not. I had heard everything was a go and fine and the cast was back in Febuary I think it was. Then something changed around late May early June. All of a sudden a comic con panel I was told might be happening was NOT and that everything was getting pushed back. Now it's not uncommon for productions dates to get pushed back(rewrites and whatnot). But here's how we will know if he's back.

We will be getting a trailer between now and Christmas. If they don't do what Star Wars did, with a "Chewie, We're Home" moment. Then I wouldn't get my hopes up. Sony and everyone wants this movie to be a hit. Advertising Bill Murray, even a small 1 second glimpse, will light up the Internet. Then again...this is Sony. I have zero faith in their marketing.
Demon Vice Commander, BatDan, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
By timeware
If the entire cast returns were probably going to see a were back in the saddle moment. I hope it isn't cheesy but it could simply be the OG's backs turned to the camera wearing full gear.

The trailer could start off with Rudd and the kids driving around in the rust bucket. If we get any new gear at all they'll probably reveal that trailer at the cons.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]