Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
As much I would like to avoid toy spoilers it's just not feasible for me. I would have to unsubscribe to ALL the GB franchise/fan groups on all social media. Even if I did that some of the other geek/movie/etc related pages would likely post about the toys.

So I just have to roll with it.
2GunsRacing liked this
2GunsRacing wrote: January 15th, 2020, 4:28 pm Are you ok with the toy announcement potentially giving us spoilers?
Will you avoid it?
Curious about how you guys feel.
Putting the toy announcements behind spoiler tags will help, but some spoilers unfortunately can't be avoided.
Alphagaia, 2GunsRacing liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 15th, 2020, 1:37 pm
Davideverona wrote: January 15th, 2020, 8:23 amWere where you? What were you thinking?
Browsing this forum...

I... I think I'll go slink off now...

Seriously though, I was browsing this forum at the time. My thoughts at the time I couldn't quite believe it, after so many false starts and rumours from Dan.
I popped by, read a little, then came back after Many Many years & got Curious... Now Im over-excited. :D
I remember being in a bar in Chicago when I saw the news. Sat down next to my friend and told him, we both didn't quite think it was really gonna happen. Honestly, it wasn't until the teaser dropped that I really and truly realized we were getting a new movie.

It felt good. Cautious optimism all the way.
back liked this
I saw it on Facebook and was shocked, as I was basically expecting a slightly more concrete version of Dan's usual promises, with Ivan's help, as a big GB Fan Fest announcement. I was leaning toward a reveal of the animated movie, as Spider-Verse had me convinced they could do something really cool with the property in that realm, and it seemed too soon for another live-action film.

As for the toys...I'm only sad I gotta wait another month! There's nothing to talk about right now!

And then maybe March we get a second trailer...
groschopf, deadderek liked this
Had another dream about the movie. Short promotional clips this time, one of them was a parody of "total eclipse of the heart" except she was singing about stay puft marshmallows.
timeware wrote: January 15th, 2020, 10:52 pm If you don't want spoilers your going to have to either move into cave, or find a deserted island and make friend's with a ball named Wilson.
Alphagaia wrote:
Merch from the new movie will wash ashore.
Also, Wilson will betray you. f*** him.
Guys, I hadn't seen that movie yet!
https://youtu.be/86omSHDZhUE

https://twitter.com/stephenosicky/statu ... 38497?s=20

EDIT, SEEMS TO WORK NOW..
So... I saw this tweet, but I can't get the link to work. Here's a direct link to the youtube video.

If this song is any indication of what we're going to see... I'm gonna be a hot mess in a movie theater.
Last edited by janeb984 on January 16th, 2020, 8:51 pm, edited 5 times in total.
janeb984 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 8:14 pmhttps://youtu.be/86omSHDZhUE

So... I saw this tweet, but I can't get the link to work. Here's a direct link to the youtube video.

If this song is any indication of what we're going to see... I'm gonna be a hot mess in a movie theater.
Obviously fan made can't wait to hear some of the actual new music!
deadderek wrote: January 16th, 2020, 11:12 pm
janeb984 wrote: January 16th, 2020, 8:14 pmhttps://youtu.be/86omSHDZhUE

Obviously fan made can't wait to hear some of the actual new music!
Ha, bless ‘em! I tried this with a song called New York City Girl for Answer The Call. Put the music in Paul Feig’s hand myself, which he was surprisingly gracious about! Ultimately it went about as well as you’d expect!

Although No Small Children got in by knowing Theodore Shapiro, so you never know, I guess...
timeware wrote: January 17th, 2020, 7:32 am Really? I swear I can't recall what scene that song was a part of. Although that song does sound more like it should belong to karate kid.
A very brief, quiet clip of it played when one of Dean Yeager's workmen wheeled the orange console out of the Ghostbusters-to-be's office.

I personally found reason to use that song in a fan fic though.
groschopf liked this
Yup -- "I Can Wait Forever" is briefly heard here:

This new song (if it really is being used in the film) could be an example of diegetic music . That's music the characters in the film can hear, as opposed to a film score, which only the viewer can hear.

Off the top of my head, "In the Name of Love" and "Hot Night" would be the two other diegetic pieces from the '84 film.
Sav C liked this
groschopf wrote: January 17th, 2020, 7:57 am Yup -- "I Can Wait Forever" is briefly heard here:

This new song (if it really is being used in the film) could be an example of diegetic music . That's music the characters in the film can hear, as opposed to a film score, which only the viewer can hear.

Off the top of my head, "In the Name of Love" and "Hot Night" would be the two other diegetic pieces from the '84 film.
Disco Inferno is the only other I can think of!
groschopf liked this
groschopf wrote: January 17th, 2020, 9:55 am
robbritton wrote: January 17th, 2020, 9:51 am Disco Inferno is the only other I can think of!
Oh yes! You're absolutely right. I completely forgot it because it wasn't included on the soundtrack album.
Ironically I only remembered it because it’s on the reissued version of the soundtrack!
groschopf liked this
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]