Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By SSJmole
Alphagaia wrote: January 19th, 2019, 10:16 am
Kingpin wrote: January 19th, 2019, 10:12 am Unfortunately we'll have to see if he was banned from Twitter or not.
He is! Unless he took on a new account ofcourse.

Some people don't learn.
Sadly If he's a troll then he doesn't need to learn. If he got so bad and so offensive he got permanently banned. To a troll that's vindication. As they know the difference between right and wrong they just choose to do the wrong stuff to get reactions.
By back
Twitter Trolls aside (no matter how right or wrong some may be), We can wish in one hand & poo in the other and see which one fills first. Perhaps we should look at the Facts a little closer...
What we know So far:
-Paul Feig isnt involved (thank god), Jason Reitman is.
-Jason Reitman is also a huge Ghostbusters fan (bonus)
-We saw a literal teaser. 52 seconds of whats to come? Lots of people are chomping at the taste of a properly constructed nostalgic film
-Correct sound effects, Film score & the rear of a 59 caddy.

What we Dont know:
-Everything else.

What I Fear:
-The teaser may be Great & refreshing given the sour milk we were fed in 2016 BUT are 'they' just showing the masses what they/we want to see to hype up another potential sad excuse of a film? :/
deadderek liked this
By SSJmole
back wrote: January 19th, 2019, 12:13 pm -Paul Feig isnt involved (thank god), Jason Reitman is.
-Jason Reitman is also a huge Ghostbusters fan (bonus)
To be fair. Paul Feig was a big fan. He went on record as saying he like the originals in fact that's why he did a reboot , he couldn't bear the thought the he would f*** up the original timeline. Hell watch the 2016 one , he actually put loads of references to the original stuff. So I'll just say that point means nothing as someone who was big fan is also somone you say thank god they are not involved.

I'm not saying this to insult the new guy I'm excited for the new film just like I liked the reboot. However I'm just saying let not paint the narrative that Paul wasn't a fan.

Hell look at other reboots. JJ Abrams is a big Star Trek and Star wars fan however both of his films have fans who don't like the Star Trek reboot or don't like Star wars episode 7. As fans are different. Like for example on here they are fans of the original who like the reboot and there is fans of the original who don't. They are fans who like real or extreme and there is fans that don't.
By Jangonate
Alphagaia wrote: January 19th, 2019, 12:21 pm Please keep in mind there also people here who actually like ATC, so while I don't mind you dislike the movie, the superlatives are not needed imo.
Thanks! I came in with so much excitement at the announcement, but was hit on other boards with more vitriol about ATC. Hope that doesn't happen here. The split experienced in 2016 was the reason I had to take a little break.

But now we have something most of us are excited about! Let's hold onto that. And if you're an ATC fan like me we can secretly hope for a Multiverse situation similar to the comics down the road.

Funny enough, on some of the other boards I visit there is just as much hate being spewed for this new film. Maybe not quite to the degree of ATC, but it's not fun to read. And it's all centered on having kid leads.
Alphagaia liked this
By philmorgan81
back wrote: January 19th, 2019, 8:48 am Agreed Ben! NYC is critical to the success of the Nostalgia theme presented in the trailer. More specifically & Obviously - Hook & Ladder 8. As I fore mentioned in my prior post, half an hour in a small town getting the movies trousers up and the remainder in NYC to finish combing its hair... So to speak. ;)
Then again... If NYC is nothing more than a bit at the End of the film, it could pose the possibility for a sequel. An Equally (if not more) successful sequel preferably.
Food for thought.

And Yes... Im back. lol

Oh I agree with you and Ben. I have a feeling New York City is still going to play a big part of the movie. I don't believe there is any reason to believe that the Barn in the trailer isn't somewhere in New York. New York does have miles of Farm Country. I don't believe any of those "Reliable" sources have really put out any Real info regarding the films plot. I think The Studio and Reitman are pulling some "Marvel Level" secrecy here. The only thing that's Real right now is the Teaser. ;)

I am just getting this Vibe that this film is going to be just as big a love letter to the fans as the 2009 video game. :):):)
By Alphagaia
deadderek wrote: January 19th, 2019, 1:26 pm Paul DID turn it down several times...and it was a mistake to push him in to doing it.
He didn't turn it down because he wasn't a fan. He (and various other directors approached for various reasons) turned the sequel script down because he could not do it the way he wanted to do it, and just be a flunky who could not make his own decisions, while he was at a point in his career where he could.

Don't forget that moviemaking is still a business, and there are various reasons to turn something down while still being a fan.
Sav C liked this
By SpaceBallz
GBfan77 wrote: January 19th, 2019, 9:24 am Dear lord Lets hope we don't have to deal with the backlash of the 2016 movie. Two Years of Trolling, accusations, and "My Childhood is ruined" was enough. I don't want to go through that again.
Too late.

"Jason Reitman is directing Ghostbusters 3 - And It's All Your Fault"

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmende ... 8c96ea5942
deadderek wrote:Paul DID turn it down several times...and it was a mistake to push him in to doing it.
Feig's main statement was "I couldn't figure out how to make it work in a world where ghosts already existed." Someone like that isn't right for the job.
Davideverona, deadderek liked this
By Slimered
ghostJAR wrote: January 18th, 2019, 4:42 pm
Slimered wrote: January 18th, 2019, 4:39 pm

Personally I'd want Winston and Peter to have as big a role as Ray. This sounds like Ray would be the only Original Ghostbuster we'd see for the majority of the runtime.
I want them all to show up too but you know how Mr. Murray can be.
If Bill Murray can turn up for a cameo in the 2016 reboot, then he'll turn up for this.
ghoulishfright liked this
By JWils23
SpaceBallz wrote: January 19th, 2019, 4:07 pm
GBfan77 wrote: January 19th, 2019, 9:24 am Dear lord Lets hope we don't have to deal with the backlash of the 2016 movie. Two Years of Trolling, accusations, and "My Childhood is ruined" was enough. I don't want to go through that again.
Too late.

deadderek wrote:Paul DID turn it down several times...and it was a mistake to push him in to doing it.
Feig's main statement was "I couldn't figure out how to make it work in a world where ghosts already existed." Someone like that isn't right for the job.
Wow, what a garbage article that was. I wonder how hard it was for him to type that while riding his high horse.
By dr.paul
Is Leslie being ironic? Genuine question as I imagine it’s how Dan and Ivan felt when they were ‘shut out’ through various political manoeuvres behind the scenes at Sony. It’s how fans of the original GBs felt with the reboot, like the original continuity ‘dint’ count. Incredibley fickle, if it’s not irony.
philmorgan81, SpaceBallz, savintheday and 2 others liked this
By philmorgan81
deadderek wrote: January 19th, 2019, 5:17 pmImage

Wow holy smokes way to throw a tantrum.
I guess she doesn't read the comics. ;).

Not to mention Jason was pretty diplomatic when talking about ATC. I guess I can understand her frustration though. She did get hit with some of the worst verbal poison that no human being should ever have to read through.

I hope she does realize some day is that her crew IS part of this bigger world and very much DOES count.

I know much smarter people than myself can tell you exactly what year it is in the GB timeline in the comics right now. If I had to hazard a guess the Ghostbusters 101 story ARC took place in Prime 1998 or something so the film takes place in Prime 2020 and as far as I am concerned all the big events in the comics are Canon which would include meeting the ATC Crew. I am sure they won't go out of their way to reference anything, but just focus on the story they are going to tell. But this may be a topic better suited for the comic discussion. ;):):):)

I am real sorry she is hurt from this. This announcement probably opened some old wounds.
Alphagaia, Sav C, robbritton and 2 others liked this
By Alphagaia
SpaceBallz wrote: January 19th, 2019, 4:07 pm
Too late.

What a weird article. Basically it's saying Jason is a talented filmmaker, but nobody wants to see his previous movies because we flock to Jumanji and Venom instead. Then he adds the trolls win if they ignore ATC, but I feel that's not the goal here. The goal imo is a sequel, which everyone wanted in the first place. I mean, I like ATC, but I would also watch a sequel to the original movies. Yeah, it's probably a soft reboot, and yeah Jason only gets it because he is the son, but as the article admits he is a talented moviemaker and it looks like he knows what he is doing. Sure, a third sequel might not be a original as Tully, but let's see what the script is before making that a bad thing, right?

Also regarding Feigs statement:
On top of that he wanted to keep the original movies intact so his take would not affect their story. Also, GB2 first act revolved around how GB1 didn't happen as well, showing that even Ramis and Dan had a hard time continuing the story as well.

Leslie a tweet feels like a mirror to Hudson's tweet about the reboot. I get that she is mad, and how it seems the racist and sexist trolls who pulled her life through the wringer get gratification because Sony seems to listen to them, but like I said before: it's not the trolls who they listen to, but everyone as we all would like to see a sequel to the originals! If done well, ofcourse.
Sav C, *NormalGamer* liked this
By SpaceBallz
Omg Jones's tweet...shits gonna hit the fan now. The next few weeks should be interesting on twitter.
deadderek liked this
By timeware
I understand Leslies reaction to this. Without her being in ATC I don't think I would have enjoyed it. This kind of stuff isn't going to get people to her side. Remember the freak out that happened during the rumored bro-busters movie. Picture that times a thousand over the next few weeks.
If they were patient and didn't react the way they are now depending on GB20's success they could be offered another shot at reprising their roles.
*NormalGamer* liked this
By Jangonate
I still follow Feig on Twitter. Started following to get movie updates. Most of the chatter from followers is similar to here. Excitement for the new film with remorse that it's unlikely to get a sequel to ATC. A lot are hoping this is successful enough for a multiverse situation. A minority is upset upset about the announcement. Haven't seen any "girl power" outrage. I've also stayed away from places that might have gloating chauvinists, but...come on...you know they exist to some degree.

Who cares, though. Finished GB2 the other day and about to play the last mission of GB: TVG. When that's done I'm watching ATC in 4K. I'll, hopefully, be getting two GB movies I love in a span of 4 yrs after waiting 27.
By timeware
It happens, it happens. I'm more looking forward to writing a review on GB20. I actually get to write a review on a movie with the remaining OG's and i'm not a forty five something walking into that theatre.
By devilmanozzy
<rant> All I can say to the sudden sour grapes and the agenda spinning is this. Jason also directed Juno, a movie that doesn't fall too far away from what Feig inspires to do. So this isn't a rightwing movie coming out here, and nor was the previous movie far left either. I have read BS agenda stuff endlessly about the last film, and I'm going to put it straight... Take your politics elsewhere. I'm going to do the same I did the last few years where ever I have admin control, I will block repeat haters and political fools trying to make fandom media into topics for news/gossip spin mills. If you hate it... leave the fandom or go on hiatus for a few years. We did this dance already, and god knows many of us are tired of it. </rant>
*NormalGamer*, mrmichaelt, Alphagaia and 2 others liked this
By robbritton
I think she’s entitled to any reaction she wants, as she was put through the mill on the last one completely undeservedly and I can see myself being very angry in her shoes. Also she’s Leslie Jones, I’d have been more scandalised if she’d released some bland “that sounds good” statement!

All of this will play out as it will, and if Ernie was allowed to be hurt by ATCs announcement, then so is any ATC cast member allowed to be hurt by this. They’re all just humans after all.
Sav C, *NormalGamer*, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]