Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Alphagaia
Coover5 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 10:47 pm Hasbro/Kenner made so many movies based on their toys. Transformers. G.I. Joe. My Little Pony. Clue. Battleship.

Obviously this is their Kenner Ecto movie. That's why it has the chair now.
They gonna call that chair Little Sparky, right?
By Davideverona
We're less than a month away from principal shooting wrap.

How do you think Jason will announce that.

The first day of shooting he posted an image of the family.

Maybe the last day he'll post a picture with the original Ghostbusters?
RichRyan1507 liked this
By RichRyan1507
Davideverona wrote: September 10th, 2019, 8:27 am We're less than a month away from principal shooting wrap.

How do you think Jason will announce that.

The first day of shooting he posted an image of the family.

Maybe the last day he'll post a picture with the original Ghostbusters?
That's mind blowing when you think about it. All things considered I can't believe we don't know more about the movie (Which is a good thing IMO)! When ATC was filming it was such a mess of leaks.

No idea how he'll announce it.

I honestly think that they're using the 35th Anniversary screening to announce the OGs. It's showing right when principal photography is wrapping and is supposed to be introduced by the original cast. I'd be shocked if they didn't do that. Maybe he'll do an ensemble pic with everyone in costume? Who knows? So exciting!
By Alphagaia
ATC biggest leaks came out during the editing of the special effects, after the movie had finished shooting.

Barring a new Sony Leak (I think we are okay, unless North Korea still wants Sony to go bankrupt.) I think we will be ok untill we get to the editing phase.
Last edited by Alphagaia on September 10th, 2019, 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
RichRyan1507 liked this
By deadderek
Now see months back when the re-release was announced I thought that would be the case.

However once Fathom Events updated the events information I stopped believing we'll get anything GB2020 related.

If there was some sort of sneak peek I highly doubt it wouldn't be mentioned as that would put asses in seats like crazy.

All we know is an intro from the original cast, and some looks at outtakes which are probably just what we saw at Fan Fest.

I'm doubtful we're getting anything GB 2020 related outside of "...and don't forget to see the newest installment next summer!"
By groschopf
We might get lucky and see a trailer in time for new film releases around the holidays. Otherwise, buckle up and wait until the SuperBowl ad.

I hope I’m wrong, but Reitman and the studio have every incentive to keep things under wraps as long as possible after the events of 2016.
RichRyan1507, BatDan liked this
By Muwarrior21
The longer we go and closer to photography wrap the more I am thinking we will get less and less of the originals in a sizable role! Its quite concerning we have not seen the boys around the filming locations etc.

I am very skeptical about just how much involvement we will get but i hope i am wrong, this movie without major roles from the OG's is just another bomb waiting to happen, even the original ecto won't be enough if the original boys in grey are not in co -leading roles.
By Muwarrior21
The story was only a small portion of what made the originals so great, it was the magic of those genius level comedians and writers on screen riffing, add in a dash of amazing practical effects, great soundtrack and you have the stuff of legend, unless the budget for this movie is more modest than the female reboot it will be a disappointment in the box office without a hefty dose of the old boys and girls.
BatDan, deadderek liked this
By groschopf
I doubt we really know who the full cast is yet, OGs or not.

The original crew was comprised of multiple comedic powerhouses pulled from the likes of SNL, National Lampoons and SCTV. I don't think they'll rest the majority of the story on the shoulders of young actors from genres outside of comedy. This type of film requires a fair amount of improvisational humor to bounce off the tension, even if they don't go the SNL route.

Regardless, I suspect the studio is keeping a tight lid on everything to ensure their cast doesn't get bogged down in another social media shitshow that would affect the final product. Better to let everyone speculate and leave the trolls without targets to prevent a feedback loop of negative news articles. They threw us Paul Rudd because he's a known quantity from the Marvel universe that is fairly universally liked and would get positive press coverage.

In short, they're probably being overprotective of this production after the crap they had to slog through last time. It cost the studio, and they can't afford another miss. Don't expect a lot of official looks at what the film will be until next summer.
robbritton, deadderek, BatDan and 1 others liked this
By Muwarrior21
good point, i would say if photography will be done by october there is likely very little role for the originals in this film, i seriously doubt the studio will be able to keep under wraps an active bill murray on site / weaver / danny / etc etc . And I think the theories about them filming this stuff in calgary or whatever as a cover up or distraction for say a new york shoot is not possible, studios are not going to spend dollars for this kind of work on a project of this magnitude, not big enough!
By RichardLess
Lol. You guys and girls realize we have only seen a small tiny itty bitty portion of the film getting made, right? Infact everything we've seen seems to be Ecto 1 based, maybe even from the same sequence. We know Dan was in Calgary. Apparently Bill Murray was at some school with Ant Man. Trust the process. We've been told over and over that *fans* will love this movie. We have Signorney Weaver telling us that everyone's back. October 6th isn't that far away. Original cast members have been teased to make a video package for the re release.
Game of Thrones managed to film an entire season with Kitt Harrington and every tabloid in the world was trying to find out if his character was truly dead or not. And all they managed to get was a single blurry photo that was maybe him, maybe not. And that was a TV show. So just relax everyone.
BatDan, robbritton liked this
By timeware
Don't get me wrong. I'm thankfull for the tid bits were getting now. I was hoping at least we'd have a full shot of a costume being close to Halloween.
Since last year the flight suit I have best serves me as a sleeping bag. Losing 60 lbs will do that. But since these things take time to build I wanted to wear the new suit to the 35th anniversary showings. I'm getting antsy.
deadderek liked this
By tylergfoster
RichardLess wrote: September 10th, 2019, 6:35 pmApparently Bill Murray was at some school with Ant Man.
I know that girl who got a video with Rudd said this but I'm 99% sure she was speculating as this was the same couple of days when Murray was in an ice cream shop in America with some other famous person, there were a couple of reports about it.

[EDIT: https://www.cnbc.com/2019/08/02/warren- ... jokes.html]
By mrmichaelt
Ectojeff88 wrote: September 10th, 2019, 3:19 pm Do we know that Principal photography will be truly over in October or was that just the end of Calgary area locations? Filming elsewhere could still be happening after that time.
Well, looking back at ATC for their principle filming, it started on June 18, 2015 in Boston and ended on September 19, 2015 in New York City. NYC was about a 9 day shoot. Then post and reshoots were in May 2016. So I mean, it's 50:50 it could the same thing here. They could be in Canada until the end of the month then shift to NYC for the rest of principal.
By *NormalGamer*
mrmichaelt wrote: September 10th, 2019, 10:05 pm
Ectojeff88 wrote: September 10th, 2019, 3:19 pm Do we know that Principal photography will be truly over in October or was that just the end of Calgary area locations? Filming elsewhere could still be happening after that time.
Well, looking back at ATC for their principle filming, it started on June 18, 2015 in Boston and ended on September 19, 2015 in New York City. NYC was about a 9 day shoot. Then post and reshoots were in May 2016. So I mean, it's 50:50 it could the same thing here. They could be in Canada until the end of the month then shift to NYC for the rest of principal.
I won't be surprised if this is the case.
deadderek liked this
By deadderek
Throughout this thread I've seen so many people talk about filming in New York when not a single shred of evidence shows any of this movie takes place there.

Strong wishful thinking.

On the other hand, has anyone considered IF there was filming done there it might already have been shot?

Especially if it's for a quick exterior shot, that could be done on the down low.
By timeware
Thanks man. it wasn't easy. Forty lbs last year, twenty this year. But yeah on the possibility of them not filming in New York it seems like blasphemy but for all we know the city took back the fire house and the og's got scattered across the country. They may have footage from ATC unused they could just add in.
Sav C liked this
By JonXCTrack
I'm wondering if maybe all of the Ghostbusters might be dead in this film. That the kids discover who the ghostbusters are throughout the film, and we see some flashback sequences, which is why Jason needs the old dailies.
Alphagaia liked this
By Muwarrior21
Not filming anything in new york would be a huge letdown for me and many fans of the movie, as we all know "NYC" was one of the characters of the original films as stated many times in interviews etc.

Putting these couple kids as the stars would certainly reduce the potential for the amazing comedic interaction of the first movie , the dry humor , the jaded PHD, the working man and braniac folk working together etc etc.

I am just really hopeful that the originals play a big role in the new film or it will most likely be just as disappointing as the crap from 2016.
BatDan liked this
By Kingpin
I'll miss New York if it doesn't appear in the film, but some thing we just have to accept.

Barring potential reveals in material/filming we've not yet seen, we could end up with a plot that suggests one Ghostbuster, maybe Egon, journeyed out to Oklahoma. He passes away either in the opening scene/s, or just before the main events of the movie start, leaving the house, Ecto-1 and equipment (hence the Police cordons).

The kids hear about the local recluse, and decide to sneak in, finding the gear, Ecto-1, and some old paraphrenalia which give them an understanding of who the Ghostbusters were. Events unspiral to call the kids into serving as the closest thing Summerville has to Ghostbusters, where they manage to beat whatever big bad was stirring. It's only at the end of the film, when Ray, Winston, and maybe Venkman come a'calling after hearing about what went down, with the view of A) reclaiming Egon's possessions and legacy, and B) restarting the business - and leading into a potential new film series.

We may see more than what I've speculated here, but we may also have to prepare ourselves for a end credits cameo, or just-before-end credits cameo. :whatever:
deadderek, Alphagaia, robbritton and 3 others liked this
By SpaceBallz
I'm pretty sure the kids know who the Ghostbusters are though, the little girl is wearing a stay puft shirt on set and even posted an Instagram photo with a stay puft toy.
Alphagaia liked this

At some point, probably just better off opening up[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with dis[…]

Preview for #2 on DH's page. https://www.darkhors[…]

PKE Meter build project!

DO you have this files on sale?