Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By RichardLess
timeware wrote: August 9th, 2019, 10:16 am No one should have to put up with threats but a lot of innocent people got attacked as well.

Sites like Proton Charging were kicking people off their forums for simply saying they weren't going to see ATC, Save the fire house Facebook deal was doing the same thing. Understandably some people were being dick's but people making comments of not seeing ATC without making snyde comments were booted as well. Like I said it's nice not seeing all that crap happen again. I don't like most Hollywood critics to begin with.

My favorite critics were Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb. I really miss x play.
Innocent people were "attacked"? No they weren't. Getting kicked off a fan website is not getting attacked. Leslie Jones was attacked. Paul Feig was attacked.

You don't like most Hollywood critics. Why? Because they disagree with you? I love the way you throw around the word "Hollywood" like it's an insult lol. "Hollywood elites" "Hollywood critics". Again, it reminds me of someone like Sean Hannity.

I wonder if Sony has prepared these kids for how ugly things could get if this movie isn't well received. You'd think so based on what happened last time.
By SpaceBallz
Davideverona wrote: August 9th, 2019, 11:05 am Have you seen the latest Mckenna Instagram story?

She hold a Stay Puft doll.

In the gang pic she had a Stay Puft t shirt. Do you think it's a fan thing or its related to the movie?

Maybe Summerville it's the city were the marshmallow were produced and they had a huge backlash because of the '84 events?
Standing by my theory that the brother and sister (Egon's grandkids?) Are GB fans. And from the interview posted earlier today I can see why they'd take the ectomobile for a joyride to chase a ghost.
By deadderek
No screen caps from a video, no annoying TMZ watermarks...just the Ecto clear as day:

Sav C, timeware, SpaceBallz and 5 others liked this
By timeware
Would being shouted at with obscenities at a con for cosplaying as an original Ghostbuster by ATC cosplayers count? So yes innocent people were attacked. Paul got a fair amount of shit but he also escalated the situation. I was the very first to stick up for the girls. yes I sound like Hannity, because I'm conservative but you already knew that. I could easily say you sound like CNN.

I don't like most Hollywood critics not because I don't agree with them. Often enough they review a movie and end up with off the wall statements that don't even pertain to said film. I dont need their auto biography when I just want a simple movie review.

I would hope this time around that Sony is smart and appoints a spokesperson to represent the Kids if the worst case scenario happens. But for the large part 2020 has gotten a fairly large positive response That ecto is my new desktop!
2GunsRacing liked this
By RichardLess
timeware wrote: August 9th, 2019, 1:02 pm Would being shouted at with obscenities at a con for cosplaying as an original Ghostbuster by ATC cosplayers count? So yes innocent people were attacked. Paul got a fair amount of shit but he also escalated the situation. I was the very first to stick up for the girls. yes I sound like Hannity, because I'm conservative but you already knew that. I could easily say you sound like CNN.

I don't like most Hollywood critics not because I don't agree with them. Often enough they review a movie and end up with off the wall statements that don't even pertain to said film. I dont need their auto biography when I just want a simple movie review.

I would hope this time around that Sony is smart and appoints a spokesperson to represent the Kids if the worst case scenario happens. But for the large part 2020 has gotten a fairly large positive response That ecto is my new desktop!
Grow up
By Coover5
I thought this board might be worth returning to after a month long break but no.

And yes, I'm also tired of people calling themselves a victim. Remember this guy who, without using the word, complained about being the victim of downvotes? Could you imagine this person b*tching about downvotes and then acting like people need to get over in person harassment???
RichardLess wrote: July 16th, 2019, 9:04 am Usually dislikes don't bother me. I can usually guess why someone disliked a comment. But I'm seriously confused why my post about GB3 names was disliked so many times that it no longer shows up? I didn't insult anyone opinion, didn't call anyone names, didn't insult GB16 or GB84. This one has got me scratching me head. It's just a post guessing what GB2020 might be called and why calling it "real ghostbusters" might not be a good idea.

???
Last edited by Coover5 on August 9th, 2019, 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek, RichRyan1507 liked this
By Sav C
CNN and Fox are both poor by journalistic standards, although CNN is better than Fox. I stick to the online New York Times, which I get through my library, and PBS. I realize I swore not to talk about politics, but I'm gonna break that now (downvote as necessary): we're two months out from the Canadian election, and I still haven't figured out whether to vote NDP or Green. Then last week I figured out that I will probably be able to vote absentee in NY next year (I'm a dual citizen). It's not even about politics anymore for me. Trump is a misogynistic racist, who would rather work with authoritarians than democratic leaders from Europe. He doesn't give a damn about anyone, whether it's the immigrants in the concentration camps or the working class. The camps are being run by a private company which Trump's associates own. It's disgusting, and I will be voting to try to put an end to it. My friends in rural New York are losing crops to global warming, and export markets to tariffs. They deserve better.

As far as movie critics go, I just don't pay attention to them.

The only reason I didn't take this to the PM system is that I can't add both timeware and RichardLess as recipients.
Kingpin, twmedford23, robbritton and 1 others liked this
By Kingpin
deadderek wrote: August 9th, 2019, 12:53 pm No screen caps from a video, no annoying TMZ watermarks...just the Ecto clear as day:

Enquiring minds are keen to know if those are genuine Propelloray and Federal Siren pieces, or excellent replicas. :)

And I wonder what that apparatus on the underside is.

Neat to see there are "remnants" of the tinting on the windows.

You know, I bet we're going to see a homage/parody of the Ectomobile reveal sequence from the first movie, but with blown bulbs, a coughing engine, and maybe a glitching siren. :)
RedSpecial, deadderek, 2GunsRacing and 4 others liked this
By timeware
RichardLess wrote: August 9th, 2019, 1:39 pm
deadderek wrote: August 9th, 2019, 1:29 pm Guys take that shit to inboxes.
No.

I'm tired of this "I'm a victim" crap and I'm going to call that shit out when I see it. It's a persecution complex plain and simple.
Not playing the victim, and I'm not backing down from being a conservative. It's documented proof the cast of atc got into it with the fans. Don't like what you get in response, don't ask. You brought up the ideology not me. I'm calling out your shit to. We were having a civil conversation for once.
2GunsRacing liked this
By deadderek
Kingpin wrote: August 9th, 2019, 2:10 pm
deadderek wrote: August 9th, 2019, 12:53 pm No screen caps from a video, no annoying TMZ watermarks...just the Ecto clear as day:

Enquiring minds are keen to know if those are genuine Propelloray and Federal Siren pieces, or excellent replicas. :)

You know, I bet we're going to see a homage/parody of the Ectomobile reveal sequence from the first movie, but with blown bulbs, a coughing engine, and maybe a glitching siren. :)
I'd bet they're the real deal.
Sav C, 2GunsRacing liked this
By RedSpecial
In the name of the wee man.
Does this really have to be derailed yet again to discuss an off topic discussion that was beaten to death three years ago?

We just got some really nice, clear images of the new ecto and it's being completely buried by this inane rabble.

I don't care if ego's are involved or you feel you have a moral responsibility to challenge it.

This is not the place.
deadderek, JWils23, Sav C and 6 others liked this
By deadderek
My worst fear is the movie being too kid heavy & filled with cringe dialogue.

"Let's hop in the Ecto fam!" and I will retire from the fandom entirely.
2GunsRacing, roopjm liked this
By timeware
He stops I will.I should have known better that the two of us just can't have a civil political conversation. Is that a silhouette of a proton pack in the back?
By DocLathropBrown
timeware wrote: August 9th, 2019, 2:29 pm He stops I will.I should have known better that the two of us just can't have a civil political conversation. Is that a silhouette of a proton pack in the back?
How about you drop the conversation yourself, like a real adult?

You don't like what someone posts? Put 'em on ignore (like I'm about to do to you). That's what it's for.

For the love of God. Is maturity so rare?
By timeware
DocLathropBrown wrote: August 9th, 2019, 2:39 pm
timeware wrote: August 9th, 2019, 2:29 pm He stops I will.I should have known better that the two of us just can't have a civil political conversation. Is that a silhouette of a proton pack in the back?
How about you drop the conversation yourself, like a real adult?

You don't like what someone posts? Put 'em on ignore (like I'm about to do to you). That's what it's for.

For the love of God. Is maturity so rare?
It's dropped. And that's good advice on the ignore list.
By philmorgan81
Kingpin wrote: August 9th, 2019, 2:10 pm

LOL! I was thinking the same thing. When they get the car started the car pulls out of the barn much like it did from the firehouse. We could even here the Cleanin up the Town song and as the car makes a turn the music abruptly stops because the car stalls. I agree with a lot of people here even though this is a replica made to look rundown it is a thing of beauty. :):):)
By Ectojeff88
It’s pretty pixelated if you zoom in but if my eyes aren’t playing tricks it looks like the Ecto-1 plate has Oklahoma instead of New York stamped on it.
Maybe I’m crazy? Anyone else see what I’m seeing?

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]