Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
devilmanozzy wrote: July 27th, 2021, 11:05 am Malaysia version is shorter and has a few more shots of Gozerian statues in the mine. It is very slim on new. Still, hoping for this in a better quality minus the baked in subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cw3QkXXLiU
Great catch, devilmanozzy!

Hope you don't mind if I share some screencaps:

devilmanozzy, Sav C liked this
Dr.D wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:32 am There is something special to me about the fact that the first Ghostbuster we are truly seeing in modernity is Ray.
And once again played by the one and only legendary Dan Aykroyd; one of the creators of GB himself alongside the late Harold Ramis.
Michael Scott wrote: July 27th, 2021, 8:39 am Jason said Janine attempted to care for Egon in his old age. Not a confirmation that they were ever a couple again or that she is related to the family.
That's still sweet because them being a couple or being related would go against Egon's character as a whole.
SpaceBallz wrote: July 27th, 2021, 11:35 am ....hmmm. :shock:

Yeah I noticed right away that looks like a damn d***o. You CANNOT tell me not a single person in marketing caught that.
SpaceBallz liked this
groschopf wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:24 am
JonXCTrack wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:02 am As for the PKE meter shot, I thought "lab coat" as well. Either the one from the commercial or the dancing toaster in GB2. I actually think that this is Ray pulling a PKE meter out of a drawer in the Occult Bookstore.
Kinda looks like someone is standing in a room with a... stained glass window?

Is this not the shelves in from the first trailer with the spores, mould and fungus?
Last edited by Christian Hodkinson on July 27th, 2021, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Corey91 liked this

That's the cutest Mini Puft toy I've seen so far!

Purple?

Blue?
They should have used other body parts for the older versions instead of just swapping out the heads I think.

But those extras....awwwww...Winston's ad, Peter's cards...so much attention to detail!

https://www.cnet.com/a/img/resize/9b1d8 ... width=1092
https://www.cnet.com/a/img/resize/4154c ... width=1092
https://www.cnet.com/a/img/resize/fe514 ... width=1092

Wonder why Phoebe's figure won't be released with the lot though.
The trailer breakdown was really fun to watch! That was cool how Jason said that the crew was interviewed on what they liked about the originals and all.

The Gozerian temple... I'm thinking that the mine was probably used for the metal that went into constructing 55 Central Park West, and then when the Gozer worshipers saw that it worked, they decided to try it again. However, building a new skyscraper in New York City would have brought too much attention to the Gozer worshipers, hence the use of a mine shaft in a rural community.
gbraider82 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 11:40 am Can someone explain the importance of the Adam Savage reference please? Thanks
Apparently he helped work on the props for the movie.
gbraider82 liked this
groschopf wrote: July 27th, 2021, 11:21 am
devilmanozzy wrote: July 27th, 2021, 11:05 am Malaysia version is shorter and has a few more shots of Gozerian statues in the mine. It is very slim on new. Still, hoping for this in a better quality minus the baked in subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cw3QkXXLiU
Great catch, devilmanozzy!

Hope you don't mind if I share some screencaps:
Found a Russian one, not baked subtitles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVlpZpBqkGg
I like the idea of different colored proton streams for different characters, just like the Kenner figures and old RGB merchandise artwork. I just hope we see different colored (dark navy) uniforms as well.

Also, am I the only one who saw the Sentinel Terror Dog and immediately thought of the Messenger of Kahlil from the Extreme Ghostbusters episode, "Casting the Runes"?

groschopf liked this
I don't interpret it as necessarily Grooberson calling Stantz.

"Dan Aykroyd answers Rudd's distress call in the new Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailer."

Sounds just like a catchy title.
WorldofthePsychic liked this
Man, watching that trailer commentary with Jason Reitman really ups my excitement level. He sounds like someone who knows they have something good and can’t wait to share it.

When Jason said Ray Occult book shop was his favourite set from GB2 man, that hit home. That is my favourite set too and I just love the idea of that store & could watch an entire series of Ray running it.

Also did anyone catch the part In the trailer commentary where Jason says Janine was taking care of Egon towards the end of his life?? That’s so sad. And beautiful.

If I’m bummed out about one thing though it’s that Paul Rudd isn’t going to be a Ghostbuster. I really wanted him to suit up but from the looks of the toy leaks..that doesn’t happen. Not sure I like the idea of the kids suiting up, but we’ll see how it goes.
deadderek, Sav C, Alphagaia liked this
RichardLess wrote: July 27th, 2021, 12:31 pm Man, watching that trailer commentary with Jason Reitman really ups my excitement level. He sounds like someone who knows they have something good and can’t wait to share it.

When Jason said Ray Occult book shop was his favourite set from GB2 man, that hit home. That is my favourite set too and I just love the idea of that store & could watch an entire series of Ray running it.

Also did anyone catch the part In the trailer commentary where Jason says Janine was taking care of Egon towards the end of his life?? That’s so sad. And beautiful.

If I’m bummed out about one thing though it’s that Paul Rudd isn’t going to be a Ghostbuster. I really wanted him to suit up but from the looks of the toy leaks..that doesn’t happen. Not sure I like the idea of the kids suiting up, but we’ll see how it goes.
If it's enough of a success, and the theory of him being the new key master is correct, you can see Paul Rudd suit up in the next one. 😁
Corey91 liked this
Davideverona wrote: July 27th, 2021, 12:50 pm I think the hand holding the PKE meter is Egon's. It just dawned on me that he was the only one using it in the original movies.
The association of Egon with the PKE meter is something that Jason mentions in his breakdown.

I'm not as convinced as everyone else that that's an adult hand holding the PKE meter as opposed to a dirty hand, but it's possible. Combining what Jason says in that IGN breakdown with the original trailer, my guess is that 99% of the PKE meter in this movie is going to be Phoebe using it, and that the PKE meter will represent her attempt to connect to and understand Egon.

Speaking of which, "Jason" being Grooberson's first name in that breakdown is a major factor in me thinking that it sounds like BS. Just because the story is a reflection of Jason's relationship with his father and his father's work doesn't mean he's going to be so arrogant as to put his own name in the movie, especially when it's clearly the Phoebe character that represents his perspective.

There's also a cheapness to the idea of that Janine and Dana suit up, in that it feels like a fan trying to come up with a way that the movie would try and avoid backlash from 2016 fans. I could also stretch a little, and make the case that there would probably be action figures of them in this new announcement if they suited up, although that is of course speculative.
Sav C, Kingpin liked this
deadderek wrote: July 27th, 2021, 11:36 am
SpaceBallz wrote: July 27th, 2021, 11:35 am ....hmmm. :shock:

Yeah I noticed right away that looks like a damn d***o. You CANNOT tell me not a single person in marketing caught that.
As soon as I saw that thing i was like WTF guys, and then I'm at work so I can't spend too much time thinking up a whole series of dirty jokes. Must resist for now. This is so damned easy.
groschopf liked this
timeware wrote: July 27th, 2021, 1:36 pm
deadderek wrote: July 27th, 2021, 11:36 am

As soon as I saw that thing i was like WTF guys, and then I'm at work so I can't spend too much time thinking up a whole series of dirty jokes. Must resist for now. This is so damned easy.

Two in the box, ready to go!
ghoulishfright liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 12:58 pm I'm not as convinced as everyone else that that's an adult hand holding the PKE meter as opposed to a dirty hand, but it's possible. Combining what Jason says in that IGN breakdown with the original trailer, my guess is that 99% of the PKE meter in this movie is going to be Phoebe using it, and that the PKE meter will represent her attempt to connect to and understand Egon.
Look at the knuckles though, those are clearly senior adult knuckles.

My theory is that it is Ray holding the PKE and the dry ice fog is Egons ghost appearing to him.
Coover5, WorldofthePsychic, groschopf and 2 others liked this
New PKE build

One more video demonstration with handheld operati[…]

Yep, and nightmare on elm street dream warriors.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]