Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Alphagaia
timeware wrote: March 10th, 2019, 9:38 am I don't think you have to make Slimer that mean looking. Pull Joe Pesci out of retirement to do his voice, give Slimer a bit of intelligence and your good to go.
Venkman: He's looking at me, Ray.
Slimer: Ya looking at me!?! Ya Looking at me?!?

Ow wait wrong actor.
Sav C, deadderek liked this
By Alphagaia
Is this like Rupsje Nooitgenoeg?

Cause that sounds like it is. Would be awesome for my kid!

I might have to look up that books English title.

Edit: The Very Hungry Caterpillar.

Wow, the English title sucks. Roughly translated, we got the awesome title: 'Caterpillar NeverNuff'.
Dr.D, Sav C liked this
By timeware
RichRyan1507 wrote: March 10th, 2019, 9:40 am
timeware wrote: March 10th, 2019, 9:38 am I don't think you have to make Slimer that mean looking. Pull Joe Pesci out of retirement to do his voice, give Slimer a bit of intelligence and your good to go.

In a sea of bad ideas, this has to be one of the worst lol.
Maybe. But like I said earlier anything we come up with is still better then what Katie Dippold half assed. IN RGB Slimer did pose as a mafia crime boss I think at least two different occasions. You can expand on that with so much history from the thirties. Hell, we could even throw in Al Capone, or even have Slimer being Al Capone since he's been used before.
RichRyan1507, deadderek liked this
By philmorgan81
BatDan wrote: March 10th, 2019, 11:49 am Jason’s putting together a pretty damn solid team. All of them have good credentials that fit the criteria of what to expect in a gb film. Just thought I’d put that out there.

Oh yeah I got the Chills when I read effects artists of Venom and Cabin in the Woods. They are on a role when it comes to selling me on this movie. :):):)

timeware wrote:review

In regards to Slimer I really hope they just stick with the idea that was inrtroduced in the West End RPG. That Slimer was never a living human being, but just an apparition of pure gluttony. I love that The Tobin’s Spirit Guide stuck with that one. I also love the story in the IDW annual that played with all the theories that had been introduced regarding Slimer’s origin in the franchise. At the end none of the Ghostbusters were 100% sure of his origin by the end of it. :):):)
By robbritton
No good ever came of retrospectively exploring characters’ origins! Slimer certainly never needs a past revealed on celluloid. He is the spirit of late 70’s/early 80’s SNL coke party anarchy and long may he remain.

In a sea of muddled cinematic motivation he’s like a perky lifeboat that came solely to eat everything and... eat everything! We should be proud to have him.
Last edited by robbritton on March 10th, 2019, 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RichRyan1507, Sav C, deadderek and 3 others liked this
By deadderek
I'd rather Danny Devito for Slimer over Joe Pesci. :P

Yeah I'm enjoying the slow news drip for GB2020. It's almost like...unwrapping a present in some ways.

What I DON'T look forward to are the spoilers and leaks that will inevitably happen. I'd prefer to go in as unspoiled as possible.

I thought it was hilarious when a breakdown of ATC leaked and I thought "No WAY could it be that bad." The bad guy getting a shot to the nonexistant nads is what made me realize it was pure bullshit...until a couple months later to my horror.
By Alphagaia
Sav C wrote: March 10th, 2019, 4:16 pm I agree. He doesn't need a backstory--he's John Belushi's Bluto in spirit. I think he should be in the movie, and I think perhaps the Ghostbusters should have a non-spoken agreement that they won't trap him.
Well, everyone except Peter.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
By Coover5
I don't mind an origin for Slimer if it raises more questions than answers. Like if his origin is given as: He was one of 10 ritual summonings by the cult of Tobin and the only one that occurred on the grounds of the original Sedgwick hotel. It makes you wonder: What were the other 9 summonings? Why were they being summoned? Who's the Cult of Tobin? What happened to the original Sedgwick? That being said I don't think an origin should be given in the movie.
By deadderek
Slimered wrote: March 10th, 2019, 5:21 pm
deadderek wrote: March 10th, 2019, 4:23 pm

What I DON'T look forward to are the spoilers and leaks that will inevitably happen. I'd prefer to go in as unspoiled as possible.
I wouldn't. I want to know if the original Ghostbusters are in the film.
If any of them are in the movie you can bet your ass they'll be in a trailer.

Trailers I don't mind, it's spoilers (sometimes unintentional ones) that get blasted all over the internet.
By BatDan
yeah, the only tidbit i'm really itching to know is if the OG's will be in it..and will they actually have story centric roles?

that being said...all the other stuff..i'm pretty confident Jason will deliver a good movie, and don't really need to hear any spoilers beyond that and can wait patiently after that point.

EDIT: ya know, i'm surprised no ones speculated if Dr. Poha would return LOL
RichRyan1507, Sav C liked this
By SpaceBallz
Coover5 wrote: March 7th, 2019, 6:32 pm I've heard people mention it has to be Ray's farm and you say he mentions his family owning a farm but for the life of me I don't recall when that was mentioned. I remember a spectral locomotive rocketing past a farm where a reporter's grandma grew up but that's it.
...SO IT'S THE REPORTER WORKING ON THE EQUIPMENT IN THE BARN?!

Sav C, Glenn Frederick liked this
By deadderek
SpaceBallz wrote:
Coover5 wrote: March 7th, 2019, 6:32 pm I've heard people mention it has to be Ray's farm and you say he mentions his family owning a farm but for the life of me I don't recall when that was mentioned. I remember a spectral locomotive rocketing past a farm where a reporter's grandma grew up but that's it.
The bombshell has been dropped.
Last edited by deadderek on March 10th, 2019, 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SpaceBallz liked this
By Coover5
Watched Ghostbusters 1, some RGB episodes and Ghostbusters 2 last night. It started to sink in that that will be one of the last times I marathon only two Ghostbusters movies. The wait is over. We've waited for this film for so long that the (possible) 16 year-old star of the film was not even alive yet at the first hints we were getting a third film. Just 16 months left. Nothing compared to the 20 years of announcements we've had. We did it guys!
deadderek, Davideverona liked this
By SpaceBallz
I'm finally old enough to be able to spend some money on a classic hearse, and I did. I now own a '72 caddy hearse. Sure, it's not a '59, but I'm still making it up as an Ecto. And you bet we're driving it to the nearest Imax (3 hours away) for the Ghostbusters 3 premiere.
Alphagaia, Sav C, deadderek and 2 others liked this
By Alphagaia
Coover5 wrote: March 10th, 2019, 5:22 pm I don't mind an origin for Slimer if it raises more questions than answers. Like if his origin is given as: He was one of 10 ritual summonings by the cult of Tobin and the only one that occurred on the grounds of the original Sedgwick hotel. It makes you wonder: What were the other 9 summonings? Why were they being summoned? Who's the Cult of Tobin? What happened to the original Sedgwick? That being said I don't think an origin should be given in the movie.
Tobin was from the spirit guide. Do you mean Shandor?
By One time
In GB1 slimer flew away at the end. In GB2 his fate remained open. In GBTVG he was also still there.

I'm 95% sure he will be in GB2020. You can't make an '84 GB fanservice movie and not feature slimer.

I just hope it's reminiscent of his GB1 portrayal: bizzarre, hurried, unpredictable, inhumanly frenzied, somewhat scary.

and not his GB2 / ATC portrayal: cute, very anthropomorphic, acting out, smiling, posing, child friendly.
Sav C, deadderek, SpaceBallz liked this
By Alphagaia
timeware wrote: March 10th, 2019, 10:35 pm
Coover5 wrote: March 10th, 2019, 9:49 pm I was just making up an example. Plus who knows. Maybe folks worshipped Tobin.
Alpha, people are worshipping your kid. Don't let it go to your head dude.
Well, after the sixth human sacrifice, it became a little stale.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]