Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
devilmanozzy wrote: July 18th, 2021, 2:49 pm I find it interesting that besides Peter, Winston got the likely Walmart exclusive release. Perhaps Winston gets a bigger role in the movie than Ray.
In fairness the official website has Ernie Hudson as the fifth name in the cast list, right behind Annie Potts and just above Paul Rudd.
Coover5 wrote:That is a great looking slimer. He may replace my Funko slimer on my GB shelf.
Agreed, the design looks cool although I don't get why he has a similar visible spine thing to the Stay Puft figure. Might be just me in terms of not fully getting the spine thing.
deadderek, Sav C, pizzarat liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

devilmanozzy wrote: July 18th, 2021, 2:45 pm Adding to this, a website thinks Pepper B (Peter Version 2) has a release of Dec 01, 2021 https://millsrecordcompany.com/UPC/5010993717064

They have more names too like Lemon and Peach. More codenames. All Fright figures. Likely those are two of the kids.
Lemon, Peach, and Peanut are listed with no info:
https://www.amazon.ca/GHB-Fright-Featur ... B081W1BVBX
https://www.walmart.com/ip/GHB-FRIGHT-F ... /150084889
https://www.amazon.ca/GHB-Fright-Featur ... B081W252HT
droidguy1119 wrote: July 18th, 2021, 12:38 pm One thing worth considering:

These Ghostbusters figures look basically the way we remember the Ghostbusters, including an Egon figure.

More fuel for the fire that we're going to see some kind of flashback sequence using digital de-aging, the 1984 footage that Jason dug up, or a combination of both?

I know the figures are branded "1984," but they also have Stay-Puft doing something new we haven't seen before...
Well since Grooberson was a kid during all of this, I can see a flashback from his perspective of the events in 1984.
deadderek, Davideverona, groschopf and 1 others liked this
I really want to see a flashback from a kid Grooberson's perspective. It might be the easiest way to shoot a flashback that avoids the uncanny valley effects of de-aging.

Let's say a flashback has kid Grooberson hiding from a ghost . The Ghostbusters have been called are on on their way. Shoot the scene from the partially obstructed vantage point of a child. Keep the camera low to the ground and make it difficult to see faces. Have the Ghostbusters kick in the door, and shoot the scene in a way where you only see characters from the neck down or the back (show off those proton packs) as they bag a ghost. Basically... use the Muppet Babies trick:

Hell, maybe the kid doesn't get a good look at the Ghostbusters' faces because he's fixated on the trap being deployed, and makes the mistake of looking directly at it.

Dub in some unused audio from the first film, include a shot of a smoking trap, cut to a scene of Ecto-1 driving off, and call it day. No Tron Legacy CGI people issues.
Sav C, Corey91 liked this
I don't think they'll be doing flashbacks. I think whatever de-aging process takes place only concerns the video's Antman shows the kids. Being seen on a small computer screen they can get away with the de-aging process not looking like a pile of crap.

If they can do the flashbacks like how they do them in Cobra Kai, I'd be okay with it.

Honestly though I would rather see Paul pointing to a kid in the crowd saying, see that kid? That's me before the marshmallow drop!
deadderek wrote: July 18th, 2021, 10:46 am
Alphagaia wrote: July 18th, 2021, 7:39 am I'll try and make it more clear.
You deduced there would a merch reveal at the start of August, and therefore a possible trailer on the 26th right before that.

I asked above if this toyline was the reveal you meant or if there is still more in the pipeline (that comes out in the start of August).

Because since this merchandise was released before August I wondered if that meant anything (good or bad) for a possible release date for a trailer.
I said based on the fact Amazon has listed a ton of merchandise that comes out August 1st it makes sense for a trailer to be released right before that.

The links to merchandise going live early isn't a sign of anything going wrong.
Besides the activity of the regular social media outlets, and the release of the toys, we got other media doing stuff now as well:

Could be a complete coincidence, ofcourse. But perhaps it means something. Fun watch, nothing new for us, but a good way to get the regulars up to speed again.
deadderek liked this
Alphagaia wrote: July 19th, 2021, 1:20 am
deadderek wrote: July 18th, 2021, 10:46 am

I said based on the fact Amazon has listed a ton of merchandise that comes out August 1st it makes sense for a trailer to be released right before that.

The links to merchandise going live early isn't a sign of anything going wrong.
Besides the activity of the regular social media outlets, and the release of the toys, we got other media doing stuff now as well:

Could be a complete coincidence, ofcourse. But perhaps it means something. Fun watch, nothing new for us, but a good way to get the regulars up to speed again.
Alpha on a scale of 1-10 can you keep a secret? :D
BatDan liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: July 19th, 2021, 8:51 am Is the secret the trailer drop date? I'm gonna assume it is, and the trailer is dropping within the next 12 days... :boogieman:
Slight correction, that'd be next week considering the following Monday is the 26th. And speaking of which, what should we expect to see in the new trailer? Knowing how we'd have 3.5 months to the release after three delays, Sony can't keep everything under wraps plot-wise. The best likely bets could be a way to show off the OG busters, some more ghosts to be shown, and I guess a villain reveal (even if Ivo Shandor himself was confirmed) would be cool.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: July 19th, 2021, 9:14 am I think the next trailer we'll see more of Podcast and Lucky, more Rudd and Coon, Mini Pufts, Slimer (if he's present), a better look at Muncher, maybe Janine and Winston if they have bigger roles. A glimpse of Murray / Aykroyd at the end a la Han Solo in The Force Awakens.
PETER: "Ray... We're home"
RAY: "(raise a glass of Crystal Head Vodka) BUUUUURRRPPP!!!"
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

devilmanozzy wrote: July 18th, 2021, 3:20 pm
devilmanozzy wrote: July 18th, 2021, 2:45 pm Adding to this, a website thinks Pepper B (Peter Version 2) has a release of Dec 01, 2021 https://millsrecordcompany.com/UPC/5010993717064

They have more names too like Lemon and Peach. More codenames. All Fright figures. Likely those are two of the kids.
Lemon, Peach, and Peanut are listed with no info:
https://www.amazon.ca/GHB-Fright-Featur ... B081W1BVBX
https://www.walmart.com/ip/GHB-FRIGHT-F ... /150084889
https://www.amazon.ca/GHB-Fright-Featur ... B081W252HT
Lemon, peach and peanut?

...Afterlife anime edition?
If no new trailer..can we lower our expectations to a new poster?? At the very least?

We still haven’t even gotten a new teaser poster yet. Just the same ecto-field one..

What will the theatrical poster look like?

I hope they keep the vein of the original 2

Very simplistic. Back to basics-Black background with subtle glow. Logo in the back, with OGs standing tall in the back line. New Gbs in the front line.

-no extra photoshoppy filters or sparkles or haze effects, etc. ( ie. that generic orange/blue contrast that they use for every poster nowadays..like for Kong, avengers, mortal kombat, etc..)
pizzarat liked this
I too wish we'd get a new poster.

BTW guys the Hasbro links for the Fright Features figures now link to "generic action figures" and feature no pictures.

Someone at Walmart done messed up obviously. :)
deadderek wrote: July 19th, 2021, 4:42 pm I too wish we'd get a new poster.

BTW guys the Hasbro links for the Fright Features figures now link to "generic action figures" and feature no pictures.

Hmmm, why bother taking them down again. Those figures were revealed at a toy fair last year.
deadderek liked this
Bison256 wrote: July 20th, 2021, 4:29 am
deadderek wrote: July 19th, 2021, 4:42 pm I too wish we'd get a new poster.

Hmmm, why bother taking them down again. Those figures were revealed at a toy fair last year.
Sony pushing forward the release date again?

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]