Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Kingpin
timeware wrote: December 4th, 2019, 5:58 pmI would like to believe that Thundercats roar is a prelude to a better product down the road. Cartoon Network can't just sit on a property like Thundercats and shelf it after so many people signing a petition begging them to do better.
We shouldn't assume that there'll always be a better product to come along and make up for a poorer one. Fans of Reboot are still waiting on something to make up for the full-blooded insult to them and the franchise in general which was Reboot: The Guardian Code.

Funnily enough, I didn't actually mind the original version of Sonic's design for the new movie. His classic design actually feels less grounded in a live-action setting compared to the one they were originally going with.
deadderek, BatDan liked this
By Alphagaia
Gozerhead wrote: December 4th, 2019, 11:04 amhttps://ghostbustersnews.com/2019/12/04 ... -toy-line/

Fair warning that there can be assumptions made about the movie via the toy names that would border on spoilers. Also, based off the pricing, I think the toys with gear names are for figures with those items. I can't see a $21 proton pack being for an adult of child.
Based in the names of these toys I'm going to make the following assumptions.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by Alphagaia on December 5th, 2019, 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek liked this
By robbritton
groschopf wrote: December 5th, 2019, 7:00 am This thread may immolate to the ground if the trailer isn't released until five months out, like the Bond trailer was.
:D

All of us in a fugue state, out weeping in fields, occasional murmurs of, “but Trailer Tracker said it’d be out in December!” to break up the sobbing.
By robbritton
EddieSpenser wrote: December 5th, 2019, 7:22 am Welp, f*ck all those so-called leakers.
The lack of information is starting to get on my nerves in a disproportionate way.
Come on, man! It wouldn’t be fun without the anticipa...
deadderek, Kingpin, Sav C and 1 others liked this
Alphagaia wrote: December 5th, 2019, 2:02 amhttps://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... urce=share

Someone with low karma is claiming the trailer will drop tomorrow around 8.30am est.

Beware of consuming to much salt, but at least this is one is fast to disprove in 24 hours.

We will probably get a lot of these kind of 'predictions' the coming days.
Actually, based on the comments, he was predicting yesterday at 8:30am PST.
deadderek liked this
It would of course be wonderful to get it this week, and I'm hoping today or tomorrow turns out to be the big day...but I'm still thinking Monday-Wednesday next week is more likely.

The only catch would be, it turns out Jumanji: The Next Level is actually playing showtimes in the UK tomorrow -- seems to be a one week early, one showtime sneak, which is something they did through IMDb/Amazon Prime for the previous film in the United States. If I were a Sony marketing person, it'd make sense to me to drop it today or tomorrow if it's going to be attached to those showtimes, so there aren't cam versions floating around all weekend. But who knows...
groschopf liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: December 5th, 2019, 8:17 am Actually, based on the comments, he was predicting yesterday at 8:30am PST.
It reads to me like he was saying this morning at 8:30, but that it likely was pushed because Disney is debuting Mulan later today and SONY wants Ghostbusters to be the sole trailer the day it releases.
tylergfoster, lozbloke liked this
By Dr.D
December 7th came up from a few different sources, and given we've still not been given anything concrete it's as good a guess as any.

All I know is, this is the most excited I've been in a long time. Sometime soon, we're all gonna be watching a trailer for the first Ghostbusters movie in 30 years.
deadderek liked this
By Corey91
All I know is that the 12/7 came from the comment from "moviefacts" on Instagram, in a reply to Finns post. No trailer to my knowledge has ever dropped on a Saturday or weekend for that matter. Maybe Sony is trying to be the first studio to do that?

Trailers come out during a weekday because that is when everyone is front of a computer. If they drop it at 6am on Saturday, they will lose views vs dropping it at 6am on a Monday when people begin to sit down at their desk for the day. That's my two cents.
By deadderek
I've been saying it up and down this thread. A LOT rides on this trailer.

They know they lost a lot of fans & the general audience because of ATC, and it seems they've learned from their mistakes.

If they nail the trailer it's $$$. So far the online consensus on Afterlife is most people see it cautiously optimistic.
Can't say I had the same experience. When the news dropped back in January, general movie people's response was pretty negative -- I think he's a very good filmmaker, but Jason's movies have been roughly trending downward, reception-wise (Juno, Young Adult, and Up in the Air are still widely celebrated, but Labor Day is considered an all-time bomb even outside of his specific career, Men Women and Children had a largely negative reception, and The Front Runner was mixed. Tully was more warmly reviewed, and I don't hear many talking about Smoking these days). Pair that with the overwhelming reaction, which was either "give up trying to make this a franchise" and/or "great, Ghostbusters discourse again." This is all outside the fandom. Not a lot comes up when you generally search Twitter -- I'd expect to get a much better picture after the trailer drops.

All of that said, I do think a really great trailer will really guide the tone of the room here. So in that, I agree with you.
robbritton liked this
By groschopf
February 2nd makes a lot more sense than December 7th.

That's not what anyone wants to hear, so that theory will gain zero traction. But we should be prepared to wait until the Super Bowl.

That would give the trailer as much lead time as the new Bond film and Black Widow, let a studio stung by hacking and leaks keep things under wrap longer, and give it a very prominent way to enter the homes of approximately 100 million Americans all at once. Plus it gives them time to focus group the hell out of the film and trailer before letting a skeptical public get a whiff of what they're preparing.

I want to be wrong about that date, but a random Saturday release makes no sense. The studio wants this to get picked up by the media, not lost in the weekend news dump.
robbritton liked this
Nope... sorry but there is no way they are going to wait until the Super Bowl to release the first trailer. I mean, they even released a teaser trailer before the film was even shot! Also, trailers usually get rated when their release is imminent. But I do think they will still have a Super Bowl spot, in addition to the first trailer.

It also makes a LOT of sense that they are going to unveil the first look at this film with Jumanji. It's their biggest film for the next number of months going into 2020 and with the previous film being so successful, they are counting on there being plenty of butts in seats and eyes on the screen over the coming weekends that it's the right captive audience to advertise GB20 to. It's also the perfect demographic as well - Jumanji is a family-friendly genre film just like GB and the audience will likely be just as interested in both films; kids and parents alike.

Really hoping we see it tomorrow and end the week with a bang, but worst case scenario, we probably will see it by next Thursday at the latest. When the first poster is unveiled, the trailer will probably be here within a day or so.
tylergfoster, Corey91 liked this
By Kingpin
Dr.D wrote: December 5th, 2019, 1:36 pm December 7th came up from a few different sources, and given we've still not been given anything concrete it's as good a guess as any.
A few different sources, or a bunch of people regurgitating the same info from a single dubious source?
groschopf, Alphagaia, tylergfoster and 3 others liked this
I definitely agree (and could tell when I posted) that the Ghostbusters Afterlife Twitter I linked yesterday is unofficial (not Verified, site it links to looks dubious, no exclusive imagery), although I am curious who is creating the countdown images they've been Tweeting (they just posted a "1..." image) and what the account will do if there's no drop tomorrow.
By mrmichaelt
groschopf wrote: December 5th, 2019, 2:14 pm February 2nd makes a lot more sense than December 7th.

That's not what anyone wants to hear, so that theory will gain zero traction. But we should be prepared to wait until the Super Bowl.

That would give the trailer as much lead time as the new Bond film and Black Widow, let a studio stung by hacking and leaks keep things under wrap longer, and give it a very prominent way to enter the homes of approximately 100 million Americans all at once. Plus it gives them time to focus group the hell out of the film and trailer before letting a skeptical public get a whiff of what they're preparing.

I want to be wrong about that date, but a random Saturday release makes no sense. The studio wants this to get picked up by the media, not lost in the weekend news dump.
CCXP is going down in Brazil and it's become a major convention event in past years. It's very likely why the 007 and Black Widow trailers dropped this week. It's the right time to release a trailer, imo. By the Super Bowl, they should be doing TV spots rather than first trailer, imo.
By Corey91
So I have a feeling i'm gonna end up regretting posting this, but the trailer is 100% attached to Jumanji. We will 100% see it next week. No need to wait until February. My friends job is literally to attach certain trailers to movies at one of the biggest chains on the west coast. I have picture proof that Ghostbusters is attached to Jumanji along with the trailer for Peter Rabbit 2.

Sometimes he gets trailers in advanced with a password protected link that is watermarked with his name. He hasn't gotten anything for GB yet. My guess is mon-wed next week like a lot of other peoples. I know I will get flak saying i have no proof since i am not going to post his picture and that's okay, i just wanted to let you guys know it is coming next week no matter what, we just dont know the date.

I cannot post the screenshot of his computer because I am not going to get my friend fired over something so small haha even so, it just looks like a microsoft word document anyway so it could be called fake regardless. Just know it will one hundred percent be in front of Jumanji next week in the US
robbritton, SpaceBallz, RichRyan1507 and 1 others liked this
By robbritton
So logically then, if it’s attached to all prints of Jumanji, we should see it online by Saturday at the latest, as it previews all over the UK this weekend before going on general release on the 11th.
By Corey91
robbritton wrote: December 5th, 2019, 4:11 pm So logically then, if it’s attached to all prints of Jumanji, we should see it online by Saturday at the latest, as it previews all over the UK this weekend before going on general release on the 11th.
I'm speaking strictly United States. Trailers are done by theater. If cinemark plays one trailer in front of a movie, that does not necessarily mean regency theaters will play the exact same trailer. It various from chain, and i'm sure by country too.
By robbritton
Corey91 wrote: December 5th, 2019, 4:18 pm
robbritton wrote: December 5th, 2019, 4:11 pm So logically then, if it’s attached to all prints of Jumanji, we should see it online by Saturday at the latest, as it previews all over the UK this weekend before going on general release on the 11th.
I'm speaking strictly United States. Trailers are done by theater. If cinemark plays one trailer in front of a movie, that does not necessarily mean regency theaters will play the exact same trailer. It various from chain, and i'm sure by country too.
Oh, ok! I’m not sure there’s that much variation over here, although I only ever ran trailers in a single screener, so I’m no expert!
Corey91 liked this

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]