Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Corey91
I'm taking a wild guess here that you saw the second movie before you saw the original, perhaps with the cartoon being your introduction?

Pretty close! I did see 2 before 1 only because I had that VHS as a kid but not 1 for some reason haha
I can see the "special introduction by key members of the cast" being the revelation of the OGB comeback.

A recreation of the 84 tv commercial with Dan, Bill and Ernie in character. Closing line: "enjoy our first foray in the paranormal field and prepare yourself to join us in a brand new adventure next summer. That's true, we're back to satisfy your supernatural investigation and elimination needs. WE'RE STILL READY TO BELIEVE YOU!"
BatDan liked this
By BatDan
man, i'd shit my pants if that was it, but i doubt it be that creative, but who knows. When i saw the 'Gremlins' rerelease, it was a special sit down interview with Joe Dante.

Im going to bet it's just Dan saying "hey! thanks for coming to see the original Ghostbusters!" go on about the legacy a bit and say enjoy the show.

Or it might be some edited version of the press-promo with Bill and Dan by the ecto.

I'd like to be pleasantly surprised though, if they're planning anything 2020 related.

I'm still gonna go regardless, i always have a good time going to see it in the theater. and its always on the cheap.
Corey91 liked this
If Murray is in the movie itself I’ll be satisfied. I really don’t care if he doesn’t partake in the promos or press junket.

And I think I’d be ok with minimal involvement of Venkman in the movie. The first two movies centered around him more than the other 3, and I’d enjoy seeing more character development of Stantz, Zeddemore, and even Spengler as much as possible.
RichRyan1507, tylergfoster, Corey91 and 1 others liked this
Kingpin wrote:It's probably suffering from the same decay and neglect that has affected the farmhouse.
The house doesn't look all that dilapidated to me. It might need to be resided, but at least it's roof is still intact.
Corey91 liked this
By Corey91
Does anyone know the location for the farmhouse? I am nowhere near Canada, but I am having fun finding the locations on google earth lol - i've found all except the farm. I know it's south west of Calgary but i've had no luck so far...
By Alphagaia
Corey91 wrote: August 30th, 2019, 9:31 am Does anyone know the location for the farmhouse? I am nowhere near Canada, but I am having fun finding the locations on google earth lol - i've found all except the farm. I know it's south west of Calgary but i've had no luck so far...
You won't find it on Google Earth because they made the farm especially for the movie and I doubt Google Earth has updated their database in the past few months.

(I mean, the foto's in the Netherlands are at least 3 years old).
By Corey91
You won't find it on Google Earth because they made the farm especially for the movie and I doubt Google Earth has updated their database in the past few months.

Oh totally! I am just trying to find the location. I am using the hills and gate and crew road a few hundred yards down from the main gate as reference. I am also using the below pictures as reference for the surrounding trees and what not.

https://i.redd.it/a75himxtrwi31.jpg
https://i.redd.it/hnsmo9tuxwi31.jpg
https://i.redd.it/if81yjtorwi31.jpg

You can see the hill with the trees on either side, im trying to use that as well as the tress across from the gate. I am searching all over southwest calgary (the poster of the pictures said 15 mins out of the city) haven't found that street yet tho... do you have the location?

You can also get a great feel of the area with this post as well: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1yhc4gphp7 ... jf24nx79uy
By groschopf
From the looks of that farmhouse, Reitman picked up the words "American Gothic" and ran like hell with it.

Classic car from the fifties at the end of the drive like a broken wagon wheel in days gone by, a house with spires on it resembling a farmer's castle, a windvane, the amber fields of grain and the barn collapsing under it's own weight.

This movie is going to have some amazing imagery and possibly beautiful analogies.
RichRyan1507, Kingpin liked this
The roof of the barn has always bothered me since the photos have been popping up. It doesn't look like just another decaying construction, it looks as if there was a force pulling it down from the inside(portal? Negative pressure? ) Considering the story potential, I don't think speculation that there was a paranormal accident is out of the question. Kind of goes with those 3 odd generator type things beside it. Also, since the roof has the odd shape, I vote that we call it "the Pringles cave in" since it looks like the chip, untill we have a real name for the property lol.
So we've been talking about the familys unknown connection to the Ghostbusters. Mostly centering around Egon having a family or making a deposit at ye ol sperm bank etc.

But I just thought of something...what if McKenna Graces character is the reincarnation of Egon?
ghoulishfright liked this
auldeffects wrote: August 30th, 2019, 5:42 pm The roof of the barn has always bothered me since the photos have been popping up. It doesn't look like just another decaying construction, it looks as if there was a force pulling it down from the inside(portal? Negative pressure? ) Considering the story potential, I don't think speculation that there was a paranormal accident is out of the question. Kind of goes with those 3 odd generator type things beside it. Also, since the roof has the odd shape, I vote that we call it "the Pringles cave in" since it looks like the chip, untill we have a real name for the property lol.

Yeah I've been thinking this too. For some reason the EMP in Oceans Eleven came to mind: https://youtu.be/jrA-1cG_wq4?t=42 granted, the roof shoots outwards but I just had the image in my mind that an experiment or something was done in the barn to cause it falling in like that.

Edit- That said, looking at Coover5's post just now, i never knew barns collapse like that normally, so maybe its nothing lol
Hairy Biker wrote: August 30th, 2019, 6:10 pm So we've been talking about the familys unknown connection to the Ghostbusters. Mostly centering around Egon having a family or making a deposit at ye ol sperm bank etc.

But I just thought of something...what if McKenna Graces character is the reincarnation of Egon?

I like that idea. :crunch: . . . And maybe she'll retain his love of twinkies and junk food as well. : P
By Coover5
Wafflerobot wrote: August 30th, 2019, 6:35 pm
auldeffects wrote: August 30th, 2019, 5:42 pm The roof of the barn has always bothered me since the photos have been popping up. It doesn't look like just another decaying construction, it looks as if there was a force pulling it down from the inside(portal? Negative pressure? ) Considering the story potential, I don't think speculation that there was a paranormal accident is out of the question. Kind of goes with those 3 odd generator type things beside it. Also, since the roof has the odd shape, I vote that we call it "the Pringles cave in" since it looks like the chip, untill we have a real name for the property lol.

Yeah I've been thinking this too. For some reason the EMP in Oceans Eleven came to mind: https://youtu.be/jrA-1cG_wq4?t=42 granted, the roof shoots outwards but I just had the image in my mind that an experiment or something was done in the barn to cause it falling in like that.

Edit- That said, looking at Coover5's post just now, i never knew barns collapse like that normally, so maybe its nothing lol
I appreciate the faith in my word but as a bonus here is a page that talks about roof collapses https://inspectapedia.com/structure/Roo ... Forces.php
Wafflerobot liked this
Just a little tip for deciding on whether or not to trust plot leaks. Obviously the Facebook version is bogus but the Reddit one seems kinda legit... At least at first glance. However, when looking at it we should look for easily accessible information that a person involved with the production would know. Does the plot leak reveal any character names we haven't heard of yet? A good way to spot a fake is if it uses character names already announced or leaked to the public but referring to other characters that haven't been released or revealed as the actor that plays said character.

Also, all of these plot leaks don't seem to take into consideration that this movie is suppose to be a comedy. There are no comedy beats listed or mentioned. That also is a bit of a warning sign.
Sav C, Kingpin, groschopf and 2 others liked this

https://i.imgur.com/cMwtW9y.jpg Where do th[…]

Ecto Containment Unit

Hey sorry I never saw this…it’s just […]

Greetings from Montana

Hey and welcome

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]