Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
This Post Contains Spoilers
Davideverona, Sav C liked this
By robbritton
groschopf wrote: August 19th, 2019, 10:15 am
philmorgan81 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 7:36 am Shandor C9 Truck
I read that as "Shandor Co, with an old timey line under a small O. Wish we could get a better look at that crest.
It’s 100% “Co” with the old timey line.
Sav C liked this
By SpaceBallz
What if Rudd and Cahoon's characters
Sav C liked this
By BatDan
SpaceBallz wrote: August 19th, 2019, 11:33 am What if Rudd and Cahoon's characters
I dunno, while that may be cool in a sense..
By timeware
Oooo what if the twist is
philmorgan81 liked this
By BRD 527
Paco wrote: August 18th, 2019, 11:57 pm theres a line in ed wood about okies being repressed. but this little discovery has got me thinking about a possible storyline. we've seen the pics of the main cast and they're very visually similar to egon (hair, glasses, etc...) and with the appearance of Ecto 1 and the absence of Ecto 1A, it has me thinking about something very plausible.
its fun to speculate.
Thats what Ive been thinking too! :blush:
RichRyan1507 liked this
By BatDan
SpaceBallz wrote: August 19th, 2019, 1:16 pm Oooo what if the twist is
OOh! that i can get behind..
By Kingpin
I'll admit I'm apprehensive on
But I'm not going to write off the film because of that. C'mon Jason, prove me wrong. :)
groschopf wrote: August 18th, 2019, 12:24 pm Well... there's definitely two of 'em.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B1TuoLgnGBI ... nGgF3Slo9A

So the mystery of whether Ecto-1A is Rusty or Pursuit deepens, as it appears both cars have matching gas tank caps. Reconditioning Ecto-1A still seems most likely explanation rather than the production locating two unconverted cars, but relocating the gas cap isn't the most straightforward thing to do either.
By groschopf
Consider this correlation of between this film and the original Ghostbusters.
groschopf wrote: August 19th, 2019, 1:59 pm Consider this correlation of between this film and the original Ghostbusters.
Rotten.... Or Rusted?
While the attention paid to the game at Fan Fest was nice, I don't think we're going to see this movie outright incorporate elements of it into the story, because unlike the movies, there's no guarantee the general audience gets or cares about that. I suspect it will be more that Ghostbusters 2020 doesn't contradict anything in the game, and maybe an Easter Egg somewhere for fans.
groschopf wrote: August 19th, 2019, 10:15 am
philmorgan81 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 7:36 am Shandor C9 Truck
I read that as "Shandor Co, with an old timey line under a small O. Wish we could get a better look at that crest.

Thanks, that makes way more sense LOL! ;)

I thought it said CO at first, but then I thought it looked like a 9. Old timey small o that is a relief. :):):)
By BatDan
Cant wait for the trailer man..ugh.
Sav C liked this
Paco wrote: August 18th, 2019, 11:57 pm
Only reason this doesn't make sense is
Also,
droidguy1119 wrote: August 19th, 2019, 3:22 pm
Paco wrote: August 18th, 2019, 11:57 pm
Only reason this doesn't make sense is
Also,
Maybe
The sherriff car symbols
Mostly food for thought but another thing to ponder
By groschopf
If Egon is connected at all, I could see him having been a fertility donor. That would make the timeline and identity mystery make sense. They wouldn't know who the dad under those circumstances.

I mean, he is the dude that slept with mood slime and talked about his epididymitis.
RichardLess wrote:Guys. And girls. The video game has nothing to do with the movie. Average Joe six pack doesn't know about it.
They aren't going to have Gozer be the Villian 3 times. This movie has been described as a love letter to the original.

The video game is not canon.
LOL! Hey we're just having fun spitballing ideas around. ;) Richardless do you know something we don't about the Video Game being Canon or not Canon? ;) The only one that said that the game wasn't canon was a youtuber called Mundane Matt. He said that because he misquoted Ivan Reitman's statement at a San Deigo Comic Con. Ivan said he didn't consider the video game Ghostbusters 3, but he said Absolutly nothing on weather the game was Canon or not. :)

I think most of us here are of the belief that this movie will do nothing to acknowledge nor contradict the events of the game. Again unless you know something we don't. ;):):):)
Sav C, SpaceBallz liked this
groschopf wrote: August 19th, 2019, 5:03 pm If Egon is connected at all, I could see him having been a fertility donor. That would make the timeline and identity mystery make sense. They wouldn't know who the dad under those circumstances.

I mean, he is the dude that slept with mood slime and talked about his epididymitis.
I could buy this.
RichardLess wrote: August 19th, 2019, 5:24 pm Guys. And girls. The video game has nothing to do with the movie. Average Joe six pack doesn't know about it.
They aren't going to have Gozer be the Villian 3 times. This movie has been described as a love letter to the original.

The video game is not canon.
Three times? If we're ruling out The Video Game, then what are the other two times?
I highly doubt that "Shandor Mining Co." Is just an Easter egg. The company symbol is on the city sheriff logo too. Lots of pyramid imagery. If theres a connection to the first film, this is definitely part of it.
RichRyan1507, Sav C liked this
ZedR wrote: August 19th, 2019, 8:11 pm
Okay, now is it me or is there a
:):):)
Last edited by Kingpin on August 20th, 2019, 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed image code, added spoiler tags
Sav C liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]