Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By back
RichardLess wrote: October 9th, 2019, 10:36 am For instance do you work in film/TV production?
Yes, I do. Its not magical, its not exclusive, its not special. Easily comparable to bagging groceries, pumping gas or hauling furniture.
The one time it get exciting here, and I mention my professional life actually animating, Im treated like an asshole. Granted, I am a miserable bastard, but liar I am not.
Doctor Venkman liked this
back wrote: October 9th, 2019, 3:53 pm
RichardLess wrote: October 9th, 2019, 10:36 am For instance do you work in film/TV production?
Yes, I do. Its not magical, its not exclusive, its not special. Easily comparable to bagging groceries, pumping gas or hauling furniture.
The one time it get exciting here, and I mention my professional life actually animating, Im treated like an asshole. Granted, I am a miserable bastard, but liar I am not.

I'm not sure what you mean in the second paragraph. Who treated you like an asshole? No one said you were a liar either, did they? I was just curious how it came about that you had to sign an NDA.
By back
RichardLess wrote: October 9th, 2019, 4:54 pm I was just curious how it came about that you had to sign an NDA.
Fair enough. Anyone who delivers, monitors or repairs any and/or all of our equipment rentals is susceptible to signing prior mentioned forms prior to delivery, retrieval or so much as changing a faulty charging circuit on a travel generator. As is the employees that accept the clients signatures upon deposit and/or return.
By back
Dr.D wrote: October 9th, 2019, 6:11 pm NDAs are super common and they're getting more and more extensive what with social media and the like. Every crewmember on the show I work on signs one at the beginning of the season, even the catering dudes.
Yuppers, and 9 times out of 10 nowadays leaks can kill films (sadly). And many if not all Hires have little to no knowledge of what the production is, scale, accounts funding projects, timelines and especially titles.
If you get a punch of dumb luck & seize your opportunity you can end up in the mix of something, or you can be arrested. lol
If one so much as twists or manipulates an NDA you will be in a heap of trouble dealing with legal issues for years & years to come.... It sucks.
Dr.D liked this
By Coover5
As fans we've seen so many unofficial photos from people visiting set I wonder how long it could take for us to see something new. Did Jason already tease Shandor Mining or Summerville Sheriff's office? Even if they release photos we may have already seen it. Was there an official photo release of the ecto chair? I know we'll be grateful for what we get but we could be seeing a lot of familiar stuff.

I know you guys are smart enough to know that and don't need this all said. But I want to be realistic with my expectations (not that others haven't been).
back liked this
Jason did NOT release those photos from the set. He's very vague on what he posts, the last one was a few days ago, it was a photo of him outside of a stage studio showing the snow falling. With "Day 67"(?) Titled on it.
By janeb984
I've noticed that the guys, and Weaver have been seen together and filmed together for the 35th anniversary reshowing... But Annie Potts seems to always be separate. She was an add in for the anniversary clip and the fan fest had her as a recording. Now, I know she's been busy with young Sheldon and Toy Story, but do you think that's odd?

And I don't remember anyone mentioning this, but, in the fan fest video, Annie seems to be filming her little video inside ghost corp headquarters...

I find this interesting, but I can't put my finger on any of it exactly. Any thoughts?
By robbritton
Dr.D wrote: October 9th, 2019, 6:11 pm NDAs are super common and they're getting more and more extensive what with social media and the like. Every crewmember on the show I work on signs one at the beginning of the season, even the catering dudes.
Same here. I could tell everyone loads about gold miners in competition in the frozen north, but I’m damn sure not going to as long as my NDA signing stands!
back liked this
By Kingpin
janeb984 wrote: October 9th, 2019, 11:40 pm I've noticed that the guys, and Weaver have been seen together and filmed together for the 35th anniversary reshowing... But Annie Potts seems to always be separate. She was an add in for the anniversary clip and the fan fest had her as a recording. Now, I know she's been busy with young Sheldon and Toy Story, but do you think that's odd?
Not really, work schedules are work schedules, and not everything can line up to get everyone together at the same time. Plus it looked like Sigourney's part of the 35th anniversary introduction was also filmed separately from Bill, Dan, Ernie and Ivan's.
By deadderek
I bet Entertainment Weekly gets the 1st pics.
Coover5, robbritton, Davideverona and 4 others liked this
robbritton wrote: October 10th, 2019, 1:00 am
Same here. I could tell everyone loads about gold miners in competition in the frozen north, but I’m damn sure not going to as long as my NDA signing stands!
Ohhh do you know that girl Emily Riedel?
By robbritton
Glow in the Dark wrote: October 10th, 2019, 2:40 am
robbritton wrote: October 10th, 2019, 1:00 am

Ohhh do you know that girl Emily Riedel?
Different show, sorry!
By robbritton
Kingpin wrote: October 10th, 2019, 1:27 am
janeb984 wrote: October 9th, 2019, 11:40 pm I've noticed that the guys, and Weaver have been seen together and filmed together for the 35th anniversary reshowing... But Annie Potts seems to always be separate. She was an add in for the anniversary clip and the fan fest had her as a recording. Now, I know she's been busy with young Sheldon and Toy Story, but do you think that's odd?
Not really, work schedules are work schedules, and not everything can line up to get everyone together at the same time. Plus it looked like Sigourney's part of the 35th anniversary introduction was also filmed separately from Bill, Dan, Ernie and Ivan's.
Also, if Janine is involved, she's likely to be the one character who never leaves New York (or a soundstage equivalent), so it's possible there was never a call for her to be in Calgary at all.
By back
Davideverona wrote: October 10th, 2019, 4:13 am
deadderek wrote: October 10th, 2019, 1:30 am I bet Entertainment Weekly gets the 1st pics.
Or Variety
Who had first 'dibs' for the last few Ghostbusters movies? And with the written word in mind, Id like to see one of these actually hit the stands:
Or acceptable variant there of :)
Coover5 wrote: October 9th, 2019, 7:42 pm As fans we've seen so many unofficial photos from people visiting set I wonder how long it could take for us to see something new. Did Jason already tease Shandor Mining or Summerville Sheriff's office?... ... I know we'll be grateful for what we get but we could be seeing a lot of familiar stuff.
Unless its 20 feet high with neon lights reading "SHANDOR" or "Tobins" or Whatever.... No one is going to know what devastating powers these symbols and words CAN hold. Where for all we know Shandor couldve Designed that town, followers or some emo kid with a pdf of tobins on his Iphone.... Who knows!
But right now we NEED Familiarity.
How many pages is Tobins anyways? Cant be that long of a read lol :P
Last edited by Kingpin on October 10th, 2019, 1:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: cleaned up language in post.
By mrmichaelt
back wrote: October 10th, 2019, 4:20 am Who had first 'dibs' for the last few Ghostbusters movies?
ATC was an interesting case. Ghost Corps had the first still on December 16, 2015, then the next day character posters were on Times, Instyle, Entertainment Weekly, and People then the second still was EW 12 days later.

Uh... for Ghostbusters II, it must have been an issue of Starlog or Rolling Stone.

Ghostbusters, I'm pretty sure was the Cinefex #17.
back wrote: October 10th, 2019, 4:20 am How many pages is Tobins anyways? Cant be that long of a read lol :P
Hmm. That was never disclosed in any version to my knowledge. The RGB one had at least 27 chapters (mentioned in "The Scaring of the Green") but in "Don't Forget The Motor City," Ray implies it has 1213.7 words total. In the IDW canon, it's noted the original printing weighed 35 to 40 pounds.
By back
mrmichaelt wrote: October 10th, 2019, 5:25 am
back wrote: October 10th, 2019, 4:20 am How many pages is Tobins anyways? Cant be that long of a read lol :P
Hmm. That was never disclosed in any version to my knowledge. The RGB one had at least 27 chapters (mentioned in "The Scaring of the Green") but in "Don't Forget The Motor City," Ray implies it has 1213.7 words total. In the IDW canon, it's noted the original printing weighed 35 to 40 pounds.
Hmm, well then... After I slip 2 discs dragging it over to the photocopier... That'll be 20 cents a page, times 40 pounds, equals = F*** it! I'll just steal the damn thing! LOL
Last edited by back on October 10th, 2019, 7:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
By back
This has been bugging me...
mrmichaelt wrote: October 10th, 2019, 5:25 am
Okay, for arguments sake, lets 'Loosely' base Tobins spirit guide upon the Original Necronomicon's first English translation in 1672 (original publication is around 1200 CE?) which would make reading it a whole lot easier (just for arguments sake and the point of adding research to real life events to Tobins)...
So, minus roughly 70 grams of homogenous ink ledging roughly 500 double sided pages (which consisted of lead oxide, dried pine resin & linseed oil... Yummy!), minus the cover (most likely a 10x16 sheet of leather 1/8" in thickness) which should weigh roughly 15oz & minus the sewed binding which shouldnt weigh more than around 90 grams, pending it was only sewn though 3 times...
Leaves us with either 28.8 or 38.8 pounds of 8x10 pages of Vellum (Tobins was supposedly 30-40lbs) to work with...
SO... Assuming that (lets try to stay historically accurate) the pages were made out of goatskin Vellum, each page should Roughly weigh around 30 grams pending each page was made out of a simple 8x10" sheet of goatskin Vellum giving us 435 pages for the 30lb Tobin OR 586 pages for the 40lb Tobin mentioned above.

Please dont ask me how I know this LOL
BatDan wrote: October 8th, 2019, 12:50 pm well to be fair, in ATC; Rick wouldn't be returning as Louis, so i think that's what also steered his decision as well.

If he was open enough to return to SCTV reunions and voice Dark Helmet for the Goldberg's cameo..i'm confident he be open to being in this..whether the script asks for his character to return or not remains to be seen.
The whole point of his comment seemed to be to deny that he cared whether or not he played Louis (or more broadly, that he had any objection to the reboot), he was pointing out that people ask him to do bit parts and he wanted something meaningful and interesting.

The "SCTV" reunion was different because that wasn't exactly work like a movie is, that was Rick being himself, being interviewed (directed by Martin Scorsese!), and "The Goldbergs" bit only required him to do voice only.
back wrote: October 10th, 2019, 7:57 am This has been bugging me...
mrmichaelt wrote: October 10th, 2019, 5:25 am Hmm. That was never disclosed in any version to my knowledge. The RGB one had at least 27 chapters (mentioned in "The Scaring of the Green") but in "Don't Forget The Motor City," Ray implies it has 1213.7 words total. In the IDW canon, it's noted the original printing weighed 35 to 40 pounds.
Okay, for arguments sake, lets 'Loosely' base Tobins spirit guide upon the Original Necronomicon's first English translation in 1672 (original publication is around 1200 CE?) which would make reading it a whole lot easier (just for arguments sake and the point of adding research to real life events to Tobins)...
So, minus roughly 70 grams of homogenous ink ledging roughly 500 double sided pages (which consisted of lead oxide, dried pine resin & linseed oil... Yummy!), minus the cover (most likely a 10x16 sheet of leather 1/8" in thickness) which should weigh roughly 15oz & minus the sewed binding which shouldnt weigh more than around 90 grams, pending it was only sewn though 3 times...
Leaves us with either 28.8 or 38.8 pounds of 8x10 pages of Vellum (Tobins was supposedly 30-40lbs) to work with...
SO... Assuming that (lets try to stay historically accurate) the pages were made out of goatskin Vellum, each page should Roughly weigh around 30 grams pending each page was made out of a simple 8x10" sheet of goatskin Vellum giving us 435 pages for the 30lb Tobin OR 586 pages for the 40lb Tobin mentioned above.

Nerd.
back, deadderek, Corey91 and 1 others liked this
By back
RichRyan1507 wrote: October 10th, 2019, 8:26 am
back wrote: October 10th, 2019, 7:57 am This has been bugging me...

Nerd.
https://www.whimn.com.au/talk/people/ho ... 6a7ab64b17
RichRyan1507 liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]