Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By mrmichaelt
Coover5 wrote: June 1st, 2019, 10:29 pm Any wild predictions left before Fan Fest? I know we won't get every detail then but ya gotta speak up now because saying "I knew it all along" won't count after.
My wild card shot in the dark not to happen guess is revealing what the main threat is.
Coover5 liked this
By Sav C
That reminds me of a scene in Curb Your Enthusiasm... It's not what you think.

I predict that the Ecto 1A is in the beginning of the movie, but gets converted back during a montage or something. Also, I predict that there will be a glorious montage, set to an iteration of the theme song. I will not eat my shirt if my predictions are false. (Don't highlight that last sentence, tee hee.)
By Ectojeff88
I too expect OGB reveal and title.
Hoping for a full cast reveal with the new younger team with at least names but maybe not full character info, and I’d love to see a complete/in-progress photos of new Ecto and/or equipment props.
Sav C liked this
By SpaceBallz
My prediction:

- Title reveal (please not "rust city")
- Cast reveal
- slimmed down official plot synopsis, but the big baddie will be a twist in the movie and it won't be spoiled early
deadderek liked this
By Davideverona
You know what would be really mad from Jason's part? I mean an absolute act of pure evilness?

Saying that, for example, Finn Wolfhard is playing William Spengler and then leaving the fans wondering for another year what the connection would be!
By Slimered
SSJmole wrote: June 1st, 2019, 5:28 pm
Slimered wrote: June 1st, 2019, 4:19 pm
I'd actually like to see Peter Venkman as the mayor. That could be a really funny scenario for the new film.
I would avoid that. It would be hilarious band work. But sadly Peter Venkman is a slimy , big mouthed , sexist. (I love the character hes my favourite but I'm trying to look objectively) a guy like that as mayor would been seen as a trump parody / reffrence and the film would then get a lot of political drama around it that it frankly doesn't need.

I may be way off though but that's where I saw it. And love him or hate him the trump mocking / parodies is worn out now. Hell it was worn out by the time will & grace came back and their first episode was all that which left me bored as it wasn't anything new or exciting (luckily the second episode onwards went back to being Will and Grace we know and loved)
I see your point. I just think it would have a lot of comedic potential.
By SSJmole
Slimered wrote: June 2nd, 2019, 4:28 pm

I would avoid that. It would be hilarious band work. But sadly Peter Venkman is a slimy , big mouthed , sexist. (I love the character hes my favourite but I'm trying to look objectively) a guy like that as mayor would been seen as a trump parody / reffrence and the film would then get a lot of political drama around it that it frankly doesn't need.

I may be way off though but that's where I saw it. And love him or hate him the trump mocking / parodies is worn out now. Hell it was worn out by the time will & grace came back and their first episode was all that which left me bored as it wasn't anything new or exciting (luckily the second episode onwards went back to being Will and Grace we know and loved)
I see your point. I just think it would have a lot of comedic potential.
I agree it'd be hilarious. I was just worried people would read it wrong and it'd have negative impact.
By robbritton
Slimered wrote: June 1st, 2019, 4:19 pm
I'd actually like to see Peter Venkman as the mayor. That could be a really funny scenario for the new film.

I was actually thinking about this on the way home just now. Y’know how Erik Burnham is always telling people not to suggest stories, as it makes it legally tricky for him to pursue any similar ideas? Well, wouldn’t Venkman being mayor fall into the same trap given the existence of the non Ghost Corps affiliated Scholly Fisch Book?
By timeware
Does anyone see Tony Stark as a parody of trump? It could work without people making the comparison. I think Peter being mayor would be an excellent fit. plus it would drive peck over the edge.
By Coover5
robbritton wrote: June 2nd, 2019, 5:05 pm
I was actually thinking about this on the way home just now. Y’know how Erik Burnham is always telling people not to suggest stories, as it makes it legally tricky for him to pursue any similar ideas?
That's one reason entertainment companies will buy up movie rights to a ton of books. If a movie is mid production and someone says "That is my idea" they can dig around the books they own the option on and just say "Nope, we're making a movie based on TITLE by AUTHOR." and they cover their butt. Ever see a movie that has almost nothing to do with the book? That could be why.
robbritton liked this
By Coover5
Going to watch Ghostbusters, The Real Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters 2 and Extreme Ghostbusters one last time this week before the narrative can change with announcements from Fan Fest. Anyone else marathoning this week?
By philmorgan81
Coover5 wrote:Going to watch Ghostbusters, The Real Ghostbusters, Ghostbusters 2 and Extreme Ghostbusters one last time this week before the narrative can change with announcements from Fan Fest. Anyone else marathoning this week?
I constantly marathon franchise. Movies, Comics, and the cartoons. It only gets longer the more new material they put out. :):):)
By Davideverona
What do you think the title will be? Will it have the number 3 or a subtitle?

If I have to guess I'd go with

GHOSTBUSTERS 2020

GHOSTBUSTERS: RESURRECTED or some references about being dead for a long time and then back into action.

SLIMER AND THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS.
By mrmichaelt
Davideverona wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 2:38 am What do you think the title will be? Will it have the number 3 or a subtitle?

If I have to guess I'd go with

GHOSTBUSTERS 2020

GHOSTBUSTERS: RESURRECTED or some references about being dead for a long time and then back into action.

SLIMER AND THE REAL GHOSTBUSTERS.
I'm leaning to the second choice. Some franchises like Star Wars are still using the ol' roman numerals while others have opted with the "main title: subtitle" route like Avengers. Maybe GHOSTBUSTERS: REVENANT. But if it ends up being something like Return, Resurgence, Slime Time --- sure, I'll whine about it. :P
By Dr.D
Honestly, calling it Ghostbusters 3 would be the smartest thing from a marketing standpoint.

How better to immediately let the audience know not only is this a sequel but one that is unconnected to the reboot. Thankfully since that was released as simply Ghostbusters they can't do the Halloween route of just calling it Ghostbusters despite being a late sequel.
By Sav C
Yeah, I kind of want it to be Ghostbusters III, to be honest. If they do number it, I prefer Roman numerals over Arabic ones.

Ghostbusters 2020 could be cool. Besides, it alludes to finally getting clarity on what has happened to the busters over the past 30 years.

Or it could be Ghostbusters 20/20, a recounting of various cases of hauntings (only on ABC).
By SSJmole
Dr.D wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 8:56 am Honestly, calling it Ghostbusters 3 would be the smartest thing from a marketing standpoint.

How better to immediately let the audience know not only is this a sequel but one that is unconnected to the reboot. Thankfully since that was released as simply Ghostbusters they can't do the Halloween route of just calling it Ghostbusters despite being a late sequel.
Can't they? Halloween did that with reboot AND sequel in 2007 and 2018. So the Halloween route is both remake and late sequel. So the Halloween route would actually work ironically.
By Dr.D
The last one was in theaters as just Ghostbusters. From a business perspective, calling the immediate next film the same thing even though it has to connection to the previous movie would be real dumb.

Sony will want people to know this isn't connected to the last one. So I highly, highly doubt they will just call it Ghostbusters. Think Spider-Man and The Amazing Spider-Man.
By Slimered
Dr.D wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 8:56 am Honestly, calling it Ghostbusters 3 would be the smartest thing from a marketing standpoint.

If they do that, I would hope the original Ghostbusters would be the leads. Anything else would be misleading for a film called Ghostbusters 3.
Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
What if they don't even use the name Ghostbusters at all? That would be a ballsy move. Doubt it, though.

Also, currently rewatching Monster House with the missus. The animation hasn't aged well, but the house itself is still well done.
Sav C liked this
By Kingpin
I'd prefer "GHOSTBUSTERS III" as it retains the naming convention established with the 1989 movie, though I'm open to "GHOSTBUSTERS III: The Subtitle" as a secondary option. I'd prefer not to have "GHOSTBUSTERS: The Subtitle" as it'll be like How To Train Your Dragon's mixed up convention for its sequels: "2" for the first sequel, "The Hidden World" for the second sequel.
By robbritton
It'd be my preference to have it be Ghostbusters III as well, however I suspect that there is a large section of the cinema going audience who aren't die-hards that would already consider 'Ghostbusters 3' to have been released in 2016. I mean, we know it wasn't, but you have to target everyone and not just the hardcore to make your money back.

Just from a sales point of view, as much as it grieves me to say, it seems logical for it to be Ghostbusters with some subtitle that indicates it being a return, or the real deal, or something equally crass.
mrmichaelt liked this
By mrmichaelt
I wonder if they are still considering Ghostbusters: Alive Again for the title.
Alphagaia wrote: June 3rd, 2019, 11:53 pm What if they don't even use the name Ghostbusters at all? That would be a ballsy move. Doubt it, though.
I think that's one of many choices that won't end well for Dark Phoenix.
By ShiftyHenry
From what I remember, ATC became "Ghostbusters: ATC" as opposed to just "Ghostbusters" for cataloging purposes. So the odds of it just being called "Ghostbusters" are pretty non-existent. I would guess it's "Ghostbusters: Something"...but I'd really love it to just be GB3...if if for no other reason then we won't get yet another home video release that is called "Ghostbusters 1&2".
Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]