Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By deadderek
ATC has a life in the comics, it's been stated it will not tie in with the new movie. Let it go.
By Michael Scott
I’m curious who will be the first comedic actor signed on to join the cast, assuming it’s someone besides the original team. I’m sure the kids will have funny lines written for them, but I see Coon as being the straight person that the funny characters play off of, much like Dana.

Would you consider Simmons a comedic actor? He’s got that capability, but he’s not cut out of the SNL/SCTV mold that defined the 80’s team. It’ll be interesting to see what role he fills, if he fills one at all.
deadderek liked this
By timeware
Michael Scott wrote: March 19th, 2019, 9:38 pm Would you consider Simmons a comedic actor? He’s got that capability, but he’s not cut out of the SNL/SCTV mold that defined the 80’s team. It’ll be interesting to see what role he fills, if he fills one at all.
If this movie had been properly made in the nineties I always wanted Will smith and Bruce Campbell on the team for their comedic timing. If we get a sequal I would love to see Sam Raimi get a shot at Ghostbusters.
By BatDan
Michael Scott wrote: March 19th, 2019, 9:38 pm I’m curious who will be the first comedic actor signed on to join the cast, assuming it’s someone besides the original team. I’m sure the kids will have funny lines written for them, but I see Coon as being the straight person that the funny characters play off of, much like Dana.

Would you consider Simmons a comedic actor? He’s got that capability, but he’s not cut out of the SNL/SCTV mold that defined the 80’s team. It’ll be interesting to see what role he fills, if he fills one at all.
Id consider JK Simmons a comedic actor..his work as JJ Jameson is pure gold. He might not have SNL/SCTV background, but neither did Peter McNichol, Ernie Hudson, or William Atherton..and they were all brilliant and funny.

Bruce Campbell can't be a Ghostbuster..he's already a GhostBEATER. ;-) but i can see Campbell playing a rough client, or a foil to the Ghostbusters.
RichRyan1507 liked this
By deadderek
Davideverona wrote:Seth McFarlane!
Seth McFarlane would have fit right at home in Answer The Call.
By Kingpin
philmorgan81 wrote: March 19th, 2019, 10:59 amFirehouse set they made for the 2016 film if they just wanted to remind us who the Ghosbusters were?
As the Containment Unit prop from ATC was sold, the set was definitely struck after the production wrapped.
Slimered wrote: March 19th, 2019, 5:15 pmEven the production stage wouldn't be too late for them to film a quick mid or post-credits scene tying the 1984 and 2016 universes together.
Given the film performed poorly financially, and it ended up receiving a lot of critical responses, it's probably not in Sony's current purview to continue the 2016/ATC franchise in film form. It's not presently a big chance we'll see Abbey, Erin, Patty or Holtzmann in anything other than the comic continuation by IDW.

It's no secret here that I liked 2016/ATC, but I say this as someone who enjoyed it: it's time to let the idea of a cinematic crossover go.
RichRyan1507, *NormalGamer*, Sav C and 2 others liked this
By Slimered
timeware wrote: March 20th, 2019, 1:53 am
Michael Scott wrote: March 19th, 2019, 9:38 pm Would you consider Simmons a comedic actor? He’s got that capability, but he’s not cut out of the SNL/SCTV mold that defined the 80’s team. It’ll be interesting to see what role he fills, if he fills one at all.
I always wanted Will smith and Bruce Campbell on the team for their comedic timing.
Will Smith would be perfect for Ghostbusters. I'd love to see David Tennant become a Ghostbuster too.
By Slimered
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
Kingpin wrote: March 20th, 2019, 11:16 am Given the film performed poorly financially, and it ended up receiving a lot of critical responses, it's probably not in Sony's current purview to continue the 2016/ATC franchise in film form. It's not presently a big chance we'll see Abbey, Erin, Patty or Holtzmann in anything other than the comic continuation by IDW.

It's no secret here that I liked 2016/ATC, but I say this as someone who enjoyed it: it's time to let the idea of a cinematic crossover go.
Sony need to send a message to the sexists that they haven't won though. I think it's important that these major TV and film studios make a stand and say 'No. You don't get to win because you hate women, you are getting these female leads whether you like it or not'.
By RichRyan1507
Slimered wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:20 pm
Kingpin wrote: March 20th, 2019, 11:16 am Given the film performed poorly financially, and it ended up receiving a lot of critical responses, it's probably not in Sony's current purview to continue the 2016/ATC franchise in film form. It's not presently a big chance we'll see Abbey, Erin, Patty or Holtzmann in anything other than the comic continuation by IDW.

Sony need to send a message to the sexists that they haven't won though. I think it's important that these major TV and film studios make a stand and say 'No. You don't get to win because you hate women, you are getting these female leads whether you like it or not'.

You're delusional. ATC didn't fail because women were in it, or because of sexism. Stop with the SJW crap.
savintheday, deadderek, back liked this
By savintheday

Huh. I had no idea you felt this way.
RichRyan1507, deadderek, JWils23 and 1 others liked this
By timeware
Slimered, While there were some real trollistic ass holes that went after the ATC cast both sides were guilty of the whole sexist, misandrist angles. Again your ignoring that there will be possibly two new female ghostbusters being added to the franchise among the already long list of female busters already available.

ATC was a good idea with a crappy launch and half assed, rushed script.

Again i'm fine with very small cameos not involving the cast of ATC but they really don't need to add them to the upcoming film. I'm a fan of cross overs when they make sense but this is supposed to be a continuation of the OG universe. Sexism isn't why ATC wasn't a success. It played a small part yes, but there were more factors then just that alone.

You should be excited there will be more female busters being added in the future, yet I don't think you'll acknowledge this.
RichRyan1507, BatDan, deadderek and 3 others liked this
By Wiggyof9

Slimered wrote: Sony need to send a message to the sexists that they haven't won though. I think it's important that these major TV and film studios make a stand and say 'No. You don't get to win because you hate women, you are getting these female leads whether you like it or not'.
Yeah! Sony needs to tell their audience that they dont care if the movie was terrible and thet dont care that the audience didnt like it! They need to shove the reboot down everyone's throat until they admit that their dislike of the movie has nothing to do with a terrible director and derivative script, but evil sexism!

That's you. That what you sound like.
RichRyan1507, BatDan, savintheday and 4 others liked this
By BatDan
For the love of all that is holy..how did we get back into the ogb vs gb16?

for the last time, it had nothing to do with sexism. Most of who didn’t like the movie is because ..(drumroll..gasp).. we didn’t find it entertaining or interesting, what a concept right?

Second of all, a lot of people saw past a lot of the nostalgia of it and saw a very pale and shallow cash grab by the studio.

Let’s turn the tables around and put this perspective on it... gb20 needs to be made to prove to the studios that directors are still artists with a vision and not hired guns to make a quick buck. We need to let big studios know that we want depth, atmosphere and quality in our films, not adhd-tinged cgi, dance numbers, bright colors, and queef and butt jokes.
By deadderek
So anyways there's a new Ghostbusters movie coming out next year...which should start filming relatively soon...
Dr.D, Davideverona, timeware liked this
By Kingpin
Slimered wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:20 pmI think it's important that these major TV and film studios make a stand and say 'No. You don't get to win because you hate women, you are getting these female leads whether you like it or not'.
Companies like Sony only take stands when it's in their interest (and profit margins) to do so. Having already been burned once already, they may well be less likely to do it again in the near future.

Anyway, for the sake of variety and some fresh air, let's not this into another topic discussing the pros and cons of 2016/ATC and the issues that afflicted it.
*NormalGamer*, seekandannoy, Dr.D and 6 others liked this
By Alphagaia
I'm happy the most shout out matches happen when I'm sound asleep. The joys of being a parent. Guys, good morning, and keep it civil. That way we can all move on, instead of trying to annoy other fans who have opposing opinions!

Slimered, I love ATC, but your point about the sexism has been made multiple times now. It starts to feel like trolling to me if you keep clinging to it and steering the subject towards it every time you get a chance.

To the same group who will gladly tear ATC a new one by recounting the same tired list for three years. Not helping. It will only sparkle new debate. Again, keep it civil.

And keep it on GB20!

Also, friendly reminder we are closing in on April Fool's day, so take any new News with a grain of salt.
Last edited by Alphagaia on March 21st, 2019, 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C, timeware, Coover5 and 2 others liked this
By timeware
I'm fairly confident the Bill and Ted 3 announcement is on the up and up. However announcing the release date right ahead of April fool's day would be one heck of a kick in the ass to their fans. Although it is kind of funny that since Alex is only really known for Bill and Ted he has more film's then Fred Savage.
Alphagaia liked this
By Davideverona
Thinking about Aykroyd crying wolf back in November. He said that there is a strong possibility of a reunion with the three remaining Ghostbusters. He must've read the script.

Wouldn't be cool if the Big July Surprise is a teaser with the OGB reenacting their TV commercial from the first movie?
By Slimered
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
RichRyan1507 wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:27 pm

You're delusional. ATC didn't fail because women were in it, or because of sexism. Stop with the SJW crap.
It received an underwhelming Box Office because the vile sexists created so much negativity around it that the casual audience assumed via word of mouth that it must be bad, and didn't turn up in their numbers to see the film.
By Slimered
Kingpin wrote: March 20th, 2019, 8:41 pm
Slimered wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:20 pmI think it's important that these major TV and film studios make a stand and say 'No. You don't get to win because you hate women, you are getting these female leads whether you like it or not'.
Companies like Sony only take stands when it's in their interest (and profit margins) to do so. Having already been burned once already, they may well be less likely to do it again in the near future.

But as a major media company in the business they have a duty to show that outdated views will never win, no matter how much they try to vote with their wallets. These people need telling that they cannot simply not turn up to a film because of the gender (or whatever else) of the lead cast and later be handed the film they want on a plate. That's not how they get a victory. You only win by being open-minded and accepting equal representation for all.

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]