Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Bill & Tedd was a mostly digital release. That's why they released a trailer when it was available. To raise awareness.

GBA will be different as they want people reserving seats since it releases in cinemas so the awareness / trailer will air before release.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Pretty cool picture of Adam Savage on the set of Ghostbusters: Afterlife with Alessandro Ongaro (visual fx supervisor)

Davideverona, Kingpin, Alphagaia and 6 others liked this
Just conjecture on my part:
I think Adam may have built or designed something for the film.
Jason Reitman had visited his shop last year where its said they filmed something and recently in Adams Tested videos I have spotted multiple Proton Pack parts and Ghost Traps around his shop.
Also last year Adam post a photo of small pack parts suggesting he was building one.
When the film got pushed back all that tie in stuff must have been put on hold.

I'd also say that photo might be a Tested visit. They've done a series of set visit videos on Blade Runner 2049 and Alien: Covenant in the past so maybe they did the same with Afterlife.
mrmichaelt wrote: September 6th, 2020, 8:49 pm
deadderek wrote: September 6th, 2020, 11:04 am Pretty cool picture of Adam Savage on the set of Ghostbusters: Afterlife with Alessandro Ongaro (visual fx supervisor)
Agreed! But where'd you find it. Noticed the image link has 'amazon' in it - is it from a magazine or something?
No, it's from IMDB.
mrmichaelt, Alphagaia liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

deadderek wrote: September 6th, 2020, 10:28 pm
No, it's from IMDB.
Huhn. Interesting. Thanks!

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1258081/med ... _all_pbl_1

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5 ... @._V1_.jpg

EDIT: I suppose the question is is this the Alberta farmhouse or is this the farmhouse on the sound stage. If I recall, the sound stage farmhouse was where Breznican visited and got to wear a pack (the Vanity Fair article posted back in January). It seems like the former so this could have taken around late August 2019.
My money is the picture is from the "real" deal. I doubt that's from a stage.
mrmichaelt liked this
Yeah this is a set visit for TESTED methinks. Adam Savage use to work in visual effects as a model maker and miniature builder, he worked at ILM & a couple other places. He’s probably interviewing about the practical sets and effects used in the film.

By the way. Just a box office update. TENET is doing extremely well all things considered. It made about 20 million over the weekend, despite playing in a relatively small number of theatres. It’s also doing very well internationally, with a haul of about 150 million. I think Hollywood has to see these numbers and thank the movie gods. This shows people will go see a movie that they really want to see. Keep in mind that TENET is not a franchise film, not a sequel, doesn’t have major box office stars(Robert Pattinson is quite a few years removed from Twilight). The only thing it has going for it is the name of the director. Under regular circumstances before COVID I had TENT with an opening weekend of about 68-75 million in a 4,500 screen run. It opened instead to about 2,800. When you consider that the labour day weekend is historically the lowest grossing time of the year, this has to be seen as a positive.

So, yeah, these are all EXCELLENT signs. We are only in September right now so a lot can happen between now & March but anyone worried about the prospects of not seeing GBA on the big screen should take solace in these numbers.
Alphagaia, Davideverona, deadderek and 2 others liked this
RichardLess wrote: September 7th, 2020, 3:31 am Yeah this is a set visit for TESTED methinks. Adam Savage use to work in visual effects as a model maker and miniature builder, he worked at ILM & a couple other places. He’s probably interviewing about the practical sets and effects used in the film.
I'm really hoping it's for Tested. Adam's multi-part series of interviews/set visits are REALLY cool and pretty in-depth. I'm hoping we get something along those lines for GBA.
deadderek, Corey91 liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: September 9th, 2020, 9:35 am He is entitled to due process, but Adam Savage isn't someone that I'd want to associate myself with at the moment given his sister's allegations against him.
A sister with a history of making false allegations against him and his family. His family back him and there has been no further information about it and he hasn't been arrested.

I'm not saying we should disbelieve her but this kind of stuff shouldn't play out in the public eye. If he has done something horrendous like that then he deserves to rot in jail so let the police handle it.

What happened to innocent until proven guilty?
deadderek liked this
Innocent until proven guilty. In the meantime let's keep this on topic.
Kingpin liked this
I suppose worth noting here, at Bank of America’s 2020 Media, Communications & Entertainment Conference, Sony Pictures Entertainment Chairman Tony Vinciquerra said, "What we won't do is make the mistake of putting a very, very expensive $200 million movie out in the market unless we're sure that theaters are open and operating at significant capacity."
https://comicbook.com/movies/news/sony- ... -to-norma/
deadderek, Sav C liked this
That March release date is looking a whole lot better now isn't it?

Jason wants a full release & it looks obvious so does Sony themselves.

On a small thought, it seems lanyards on the Afterlife set were blue for production crew while they were red for....visitors? Press?

mrmichaelt liked this
Finally some pics. I'm surprised the lanyards aren't attached to a giant Ghostbusters Logo.

On the Adam Savage thing I wish the media went by innocent until proven guilty for everyone, and politicians weren't hypocrites. in an ideal world unicorns would be real and fart rainbows.
Hate to be negative, but I have a sad feeling we are not going to see Afterlife released next March. The film industry is all over the place right now, and even the studios are having trouble figuring out how to move forward with big releases. However they may be framing stuff to the rest of the world, I can tell you the lot I am on is still an absolute ghost town.
Agreed. I think the other issue is audience reluctance. Let's say for the sake of argument that a vaccine is somehow ready for mass production and inoculation by late Jan-early Feb...the actual application of a vaccine is gonna take months to dole out to the masses (let's not forget there will absolutely be sectors of the population who won't get vaccinated), people won't be ready to climb back into a crowded theater. For as many people as there are who want things to just go back to normal, there are just as many who will never see things in that light again. So even in that scenario, March wouldn't be a good release target. I'd say by Halloween the movie will be delayed again. Maybe to the Holidays of 2021 just to keep it safe.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

Both would be out of scale (Mattel too small, DST […]

Oh, another thing - this was made mostly out of sc[…]

Beautiful!! I'm getting this even if finances don[…]

Super helpful thanks. I will read properly when […]