Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Brett Michaelson posted some fantastic photos of the Wreckto currently sitting on the Culver City lot over on the Facebook Ecto-1 Replica Builders Group.

They are easily the most detailed photos of the rear interior I've seen to date.

Hopefully he's a member of this forum and will share them here. If not, get your asses in that group and talk a look.

One of the pieces of electronic equipment in the back mounted on top of the R561B oscilloscope? A Sony TC-FX33 stereo cassette deck.
How much you want to bet a tape cassette of 45 King's "900 Number" is in there for the kids to play?
Last edited by groschopf on June 25th, 2021, 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oh you guys! It was just some messages I never heard back from, no inboxed secrets or anything.

So at this point have we all given up on any chance of seeing Ecto Cooler?
Speaking of that Wreckto post...

The radiological symbol on the RTV box in the Afterlife Ecto-1 appears to be the same on the wall in Grooberson's classroom that we saw in the trailer, just rotated (with the trefoil slightly turned in the classroom example).

Think that was just the set designers using a common visual language... or might it mean something deeper?

Did Egon have a hand in arranging that science classroom?

deadderek, Coover5, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
Coover5 wrote: June 25th, 2021, 11:32 pm I've spent so much time thinking of Egon as a hermit because of the house it never occurred to me at some point he might have been living as a regular citizen in the town and even working as a science teacher. That is very interesting.
I wondered a little bit about this several pages ago when I was wondering whether the in-world pop culture weight of the Ghostbusters would be similar to the pop culture weight of Ghostbusters in the real world. Will people know what it means to see the Wreckto tearing around town because they remember the original events in the 1980s...or perhaps, more recently, Egon doing that?
Alphagaia wrote: June 26th, 2021, 2:04 am Inboxes are a crime to get into on the phone.
You don't get a message you have one.

I basically have to click on my own post, click on sending a message, click on inbox and click on the message if I have one.

#firstworldproblems
Yeah the interface for private messages when you're on GBFans mobile interface is REALLY bad.

Which these days 90% of my time here is on my phone.
deadderek wrote: June 25th, 2021, 10:17 pm Oh you guys! It was just some messages I never heard back from, no inboxed secrets or anything.

I havent given up. They need to just bring it back for good.

Im gonna hold out hope until maybe September.

They have to. If they dont..i mean cmon!

I was gonna “keep” the 2016 cans but damn i couldnt help cracking them open and downing them. Drinking those really transported me back to the early 90s. I want that feeling again
BatDan wrote: June 26th, 2021, 5:18 am
deadderek wrote: June 25th, 2021, 10:17 pm Oh you guys! It was just some messages I never heard back from, no inboxed secrets or anything.

I havent given up. They need to just bring it back for good.

Im gonna hold out hope until maybe September.

They have to. If they dont..i mean cmon!

I was gonna “keep” the 2016 cans but damn i couldnt help cracking them open and downing them. Drinking those really transported me back to the early 90s. I want that feeling again
You don't need something so hard to find as Ecto Cooler.

You just need a flux capacitor and plutonium. Or a lightning bolt.
BatDan liked this
If we have another delay there will be no chance for Ecto Cooler.For those who are afraid that their cans will explode after being kept for so long .

Dune just changed their release date to 2022. I don't want to jinx thing's but i'm getting a little nervous about the November date holding.

I'm not trying to restart that merry go round argument again but this is why we shouldn't trust dates as a hundred percent until wer'e out of the woods and our asses are in the theatre. In some cases and mine that would be fat asses in the theatre resulting in a mass public sighting of UFO's (Unidentified Fat objects) rushing the ticket stand. The pentagon will still try to convince us those UFO's are collapsing weather balloons.
Alphagaia wrote: June 26th, 2021, 4:59 am Yeah, I gave the same theory based on the LEGO Wrecto as it had the same feature.

It moved backwards towards some screens and dials when the Remote Trap was deployed, probably used for steering and operating the trap.
You sure did!
This Post Contains Spoilers
Alphagaia, mrmichaelt liked this
Bison256 wrote: June 27th, 2021, 9:11 pm I wonder if Sony will published a coffee table making of type book for afterlife?
Here's hoping. I'm always up for cash-grabs like behind-the-scenes books (so long as they're a decent effort rather than poorly pulled-together).
robbritton, deadderek liked this
Given the threat of the delta variant, I'm not overly convinced that the November date will hold. I hope I am wrong.

With that said, I came across this video about a fellow Ghosthead that has terminal cancer:

If you have Twitter, please share the video and tag Ghost Corp, Dan Aykroyd, Jason Reitman, etc. It would be nice to try and help this guy see GB:A.
Last edited by Kingpin on June 28th, 2021, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
seekandannoy liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: June 28th, 2021, 8:43 am Given the threat of the delta variant, I'm not overly convinced that the November date will hold. I hope I am wrong.

With that said, I came across this video about a fellow Ghosthead that has terminal cancer:

If you have Twitter, please share the video and tag Ghost Corp, Dan Aykroyd, Jason Reitman, etc. It would be nice to try and help this guy see GB:A.
The current vaccine works against the Delta variant. Vaccinated people only have the symptoms of a minor cold if that. Given all the folks wanting to return to a normal life plus corporate greed, I don't see the movie being pushed back again.
Last edited by Kingpin on June 28th, 2021, 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
deadderek liked this

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

I was one of those kids who was scared of his own […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]