Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
groschopf wrote: August 27th, 2019, 8:38 am
JWils23 wrote: August 27th, 2019, 8:03 am
Is it just me or do the silos look similar to the traps they used in the jewelers store in GB2? Probably just coincidence but when I saw the three prongs on top it’s the first thing I thought of.
Oh, man... great point.

They're not one-to-one, but they might be technologically adjacent.

I love the thoughts of equipment, containment units, slime storage, etc.... but how great would be if it is Ray's farm and he does a little cross promotion with one of his real life side hustles... and they turn out to be vodka stills. :blush:
Last edited by guitar1036 on August 27th, 2019, 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C liked this
ROCKBANDHEAD wrote: August 27th, 2019, 3:52 pm
This Post Contains Spoilers
Might now theorize that Carrie Coon's character's father is one of those miners, who contributed some piece of Spook Central, and that's the connection.
By Coover5
ROCKBANDHEAD wrote: August 27th, 2019, 3:52 pm
Let's be honest... even with some kids being in the new movie (maybe featured)... it's highly unlikely we'll get a bad story with so much of the city being focused around Shandor. I bet this story will kick ass! :whatever::cool::blush::eyeroll::sigh:
Sav C liked this
It seems that Elaine from 'World of the Psychic' wrote about her extraterrestrial adventure at the Holiday Inn Paramus...

EDIT: Never mind - this is likely a fake photo from that franchise page...

Last edited by Demon Vice Commander on August 27th, 2019, 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alphagaia liked this
By Corey91
Just as we feared. The movie's about miners.

What do you guys make of the Penny listed among those lost? Seems to be the only woman listed. A sweet homage to a prop maker's friend or a hint at the plot?

Crazy conspiracy time: go back to a certain quote from this article https://variety.com/2019/film/news/ghos ... 203261342/
“Celeste and Logan are rare talents and we’re all grateful that they’ll be lending their unique voices to ‘GB20,'” Reitman said in a statement.

Lend their voices? Does that mean these two will be kid ghosts? Maybe these two were in the mine when they weren't supposed to be? She could be Penny and he could be one of them... maybe the one with the same last name "Kim"...probably pure coincidence. Maybe they are the ones who contact Finn and Mckennas characters? Maybe they tell them about Shandors evil mining plans? Maybe my tin foil hat will never come off?
Demon Vice Commander wrote: August 27th, 2019, 5:21 pm It seems that Elaine from 'World of the Psychic' wrote about her extraterrestrial adventure at the Holiday Inn Paramus...

EDIT: Never mind - this is likely a fake photo from that franchise page...

Unknown... but here are some fun facts.
1) The actress that played Elaine in GB2 was not credited - see https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097428/fu ... cl_sm#cast
2) The actress that played Elaine's last name in real life is: Webb

Thus, me thinks this flier is someone playing with us. But if it were in the upcoming movie, I'd be intrigued.
By groschopf
"What else was in the set with the miner monument and the theater sign?"

A couple of different shots of the movie theater marquee, a poster for Cannibal Girls, and a couple of shots of the "G" pyramid storefront.
Michael Scott liked this
By timeware
The green neon words are hard to make out. Maybe the old Sega logo? Will they possibly throw in the real ghostbusters arcade as an Easter egg maybe? I'm sure its just an exit sign but it's not impossible to rule out there may be an arcade across the street, or a laundromat with arcades in it.
By Coover5
Went to look up the real theater on google to find the location across the street and spotted a dinosaur on a bench. hope that makes it into the movie. But yep across the street is a green ATM sign. Looks like it might be a convenience store and Greyhound stop.
robbritton, deadderek liked this
By deadderek
Anyone else think the production is being "high profile" up in Canada while shooting other stuff down in the States?
RedSpecial liked this
By BatDan
deadderek wrote: August 28th, 2019, 4:45 am Anyone else think the production is being "high profile" up in Canada while shooting other stuff down in the States?
that's probably why we havent seen anything in terms of actors on set, probably shooting a lot of character stuff in another location and sound stages in CA, but we just werent told about it.

then again, we saw Rudd greeting fans on set in a leaked video on youtube, so who knows.

Unless they're locking up all cellphone use on set, putting each phone in their own lock bag, then the PA opens it for you when the scenes over.. they did something similar to me on the set of Creed 2. phones were allowed outside the soundstage but not inside.
RedSpecial liked this
By Kingpin
Corey91 wrote: August 27th, 2019, 6:16 pm
“Celeste and Logan are rare talents and we’re all grateful that they’ll be lending their unique voices to ‘GB20,'” Reitman said in a statement.
Lend their voices? Does that mean these two will be kid ghosts?
I don't believe Reitman was being litteral in that extent, it's like "singing from the same songsheet" or "preaching to the choir", it's an expression for adding their talents to the wider GB2020 team.
guitar1036 wrote: August 27th, 2019, 7:00 pm Thus, me thinks this flier is someone playing with us. But if it were in the upcoming movie, I'd be intrigued.
It won't be. To paraphrase Venkman "the Summerville County Ghostbusters are totally bogus".
Dr.D liked this
By Namssorg
Something stands out to me as -not- bogus about the Summerville GB account. Take a close look at those pack closeup pictures. There's a bit of open hex-mesh in the latest photo, surrounding parts of the pack.

There is no hex mesh on a proton pack - but there is a hex mesh... (potential spoilers below)
This makes me think that this account is related to production, and probably posting photos from a prop photoshoot. Something similar was done on the 2016 film, where studio photos of the equipment and how they 'work' were put up on an in-universe technology website for viral marketing purposes.
Last edited by Namssorg on August 28th, 2019, 8:45 am, edited 4 times in total.
By Corey91
Anyone here part of the GB Spoilers group on facebook and get the script info from that guy? I made a facebook specifically to join but now they (facebook) are reviewing my profile and wont let me on ( i hate social media...) I'm just really really really trying to get that information? Does anywhere here have it and can they PM it to me??
Corey91 wrote: August 28th, 2019, 8:35 am Anyone here part of the GB Spoilers group on facebook and get the script info from that guy? I made a facebook specifically to join but now they (facebook) are reviewing my profile and wont let me on ( i hate social media...) I'm just really really really trying to get that information? Does anywhere here have it and can they PM it to me??
You're not missing anything. Theres a guy that's claiming he was part of a team of writers that were asked to write their own Ghostbusters movie based on sample scenes from a version of the real script. Dude is pretty vague with his answers and they wouldn't be relevant anyway if that scenario did indeed happen regardless.
SpaceBallz wrote: August 28th, 2019, 9:57 am
Corey91 wrote: August 28th, 2019, 8:35 am Anyone here part of the GB Spoilers group on facebook and get the script info from that guy? I made a facebook specifically to join but now they (facebook) are reviewing my profile and wont let me on ( i hate social media...) I'm just really really really trying to get that information? Does anywhere here have it and can they PM it to me??
You're not missing anything. Theres a guy that's claiming he was part of a team of writers that were asked to write their own Ghostbusters movie based on sample scenes from a version of the real script. Dude is pretty vague with his answers and they wouldn't be relevant anyway if that scenario did indeed happen regardless.
He told me the entire plot and claims to have stopped working on it in July 2018. Sounds strange because, if I recall correctly, Jason gave his pitch to Sony in November /December.

We're bringing you the latest updates to the GBFan[…]

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

This is awesome, One time. I love reading explanat[…]

And, lastly, for now, the video that prompted me t[…]