Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Richardless:
I’ve lost count on how many times I’ve tried GB16. God knows I tried. Oh man.

There's so much wasted potential. Here's a few I thought of. If they wanted a joke that would have been hilarious, and also similar to tone of the original movies, they should have stopped during the big climax scene and made some sardonic comment about actually fighting "balloon animals". Even further than that, if they had a haunted, literal dancing bowl of wonton soup during the end credits the audience would've gone crazy. Jeez!
pizzarat wrote: July 29th, 2020, 10:45 pm Richardless:
I’ve lost count on how many times I’ve tried GB16. God knows I tried. Oh man.

There's so much wasted potential. Here's a few I thought of. If they wanted a joke that would have been hilarious, and also similar to tone of the original movies, they should have stopped during the big climax scene and made some sardonic comment about actually fighting "balloon animals". Even further than that, if they had a haunted, literal dancing bowl of wonton soup during the end credits the audience would've gone crazy. Jeez!
Yeah there’s a lot of alternate things they could’ve done. Rather than gumming up the works here with GB16 discussion I suggest, if you want to continue this, we go elsewhere on the forum.
JonXCTrack wrote: July 30th, 2020, 11:56 am
Dr.D wrote:Was a post of a replica(?) of a proton pack from Afterlife showing some more details changed for the new movie.
Yes. If you're interested you can view it here: https://www.instagram.com/scott_bradley83/

Does anyone know about any leaked images from the supposed new trailer? His reply on the photo says, "4 different pack builders with "inside info" have shared there packs with the same new details...they obviously have seen the pack from the movie...i know there are meant to be leaked pics from the "pass the proton pack" trailer so maybe from there".

This is new info to me and I feel like someone from this site would have stumbled upon something like leaked pics?
pizzarat liked this
Corey91 wrote: July 30th, 2020, 2:13 pm
JonXCTrack wrote: July 30th, 2020, 11:56 am

Yes. If you're interested you can view it here: https://www.instagram.com/scott_bradley83/

Does anyone know about any leaked images from the supposed new trailer? His reply on the photo says, "4 different pack builders with "inside info" have shared there packs with the same new details...they obviously have seen the pack from the movie...i know there are meant to be leaked pics from the "pass the proton pack" trailer so maybe from there".

This is new info to me and I feel like someone from this site would have stumbled upon something like leaked pics?
It's hard to say. The description of "how" is pretty vague. They may have based it on the same, existing info we already have, or... they were sent a detailed picture from the props department. I seem to remember seeing something like that posted awhile ago.
Whilst it would be nice for Sony to tease some shots of the new trailer in lieu of releasing the full video, I suspect they're gonna keep it close to their chest until we get to a point where they feel confident they can start promoting the movie again. At the earliest, that can easily be more than a few months away, if not toward the end of the year.
A video review of an in hand Spengler wand is up on Facebook:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 8175717138
Davideverona, Ectotainment, Alphagaia and 3 others liked this
deadderek wrote: August 1st, 2020, 5:21 am A video review of an in hand Spengler wand is up on Facebook:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 8175717138
ridiculously excited to have one of these on pre order! It’s pretty rare I go for GB extravagance, but I’m so glad I did this once!
AMC (the company I'm still furloughed from) updated this on our official website and Facebook yesterday...

https://www.amctheatres.com/amc-scene/g ... t=6fc4Zbb3

My favorite segment, of course:

"Sony Pictures launched the first official look at the new film on December 2, 2019, and with it established not only the new group of central protagonists that the story will follow, but also the mystery at the center of the plot, and how everything will link back to the events featured in both GHOSTBUSTERS and GHOSTBUSTERS II."

I'm the type that gets excited by the mere mention of II in any article about Afterlife, and it's so exciting to read that the events of II will have some significance to the "mystery" of the plot in the new movie. My own instant reaction is that there's some possibly some important common factor in the major supernatural events of 1984 and 1989, and along with the new characters, we get to learn what that is.

Let the speculation begin!

Edit: This was also interesting, as far as the official movie canon is concerned.

"While there, the kids learn not only about a series of strange earthquakes that have been plaguing the town, but also the secret history of heroes in the 1980s who saved the world twice from strange invasions of evil forces in New York."
pizzarat wrote:
pizzarat wrote: August 1st, 2020, 8:16 pm AMC (the company I'm still furloughed from) updated this on our official website and Facebook yesterday...

My favorite segment, of course:

"Sony Pictures launched the first official look at the new film on December 2, 2019, and with it established not only the new group of central protagonists that the story will follow, but also the mystery at the center of the plot, and how everything will link back to the events featured in both GHOSTBUSTERS and GHOSTBUSTERS II."

I'm the type that gets excited by the mere mention of II in any article about Afterlife, and it's so exciting to read that the events of II will have some significance to the "mystery" of the plot in the new movie. My own instant reaction is that there's some possibly some important common factor in the major supernatural events of 1984 and 1989, and along with the new characters, we get to learn what that is.

Let the speculation begin!

Edit: This was also interesting, as far as the official movie canon is concerned.

"While there, the kids learn not only about a series of strange earthquakes that have been plaguing the town, but also the secret history of heroes in the 1980s who saved the world twice from strange invasions of evil forces in New York."

I am hoping to see the remains of a Slime Blower or a Giga Meter in Egon's lab somewhere. That would be more than enough of a reference to Ghostbusters 2 for me. Anything else would just be a bonus. ;):):) :)
Last edited by Kingpin on August 2nd, 2020, 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote text
philmorgan81 wrote: August 1st, 2020, 9:14 pm
pizzarat wrote:

I am hoping to see the remains of a Slime Blower or a Giga Meter in Egon's lab somewhere. That would be more than enough of a reference to Ghostbusters 2 for me. Anything else would just be a bonus. ;):):) :)
Could not agree more! All these great memories of watching and loving II when I was 5 are flooding back, like playing out scenes from the movie on our school's dangerous concrete playground. And that ridiculous "jumbo" coloring book. The new movie seems really involved with passing on the Ghostbusters history/mythology, so much, that it only makes sense to reveal something important that links 1984 and 1989.
Last edited by Kingpin on August 2nd, 2020, 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote text
pizzarat wrote: August 1st, 2020, 8:16 pm AMC (the company I'm still furloughed from) updated this on our official website and Facebook yesterday...

Also nice to see the article also confirmed a casting. "Bokeem Woodbine, who is playing a local sheriff named Domingo." This was reported by Geeks Worldwide back on August 4, 2019.
pizzarat liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: August 1st, 2020, 9:44 pm

Also nice to see the article also confirmed a casting. "Bokeem Woodbine, who is playing a local sheriff named Domingo." This was reported by Geeks Worldwide back on August 4, 2019.
My friend that I met at Fan Fest also made that astute observation to me in a text. What a great night!
mrmichaelt liked this
"... how everything will link back to the events featured in both GHOSTBUSTERS and GHOSTBUSTERS II."

Keeping with the GB II theme, I hope Afterlife opens with a big "5 Years Ago" on the screen... I mean come on, the timing is perfect, for one, and would be a huge love letter to fans... we've been waiting to find out what actually happens on February 14th in the year 2016 and if it really is a "bummer." Maybe it has to do with the guys stopping the end of the world again like they did at the stroke of midnight on new years eve in '89/'90. Or maybe why Ghostbusting is no longer a thing? Again. It doesn't look like "over 30 years" of dust on the wrecto. It's got to be a 5 year accumulation. It would be awesome to see a younger de-aged Venkman facing the end of the world on that day and making a joke about never staying at a Holiday Inn in Paramus!
pizzarat liked this
FFS people need to let up on GB2. NOTHING has been said or shown to deny it's canon status.
Kingpin, robbritton liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]