Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Slimered
Davideverona wrote: April 9th, 2019, 2:25 am What you think Jason will reveal on the first day of shooting?

My bet is on the title. "Shooting begins on Ghostbusters: Bill Murray's cameo!"
Bill Murray will have more than a cameo. He'll be in the entire film.
Coover5, Sav C liked this
By timeware
Davideverona wrote: April 9th, 2019, 11:24 am If the first image is Murray, I'll go see the movie every week from opening day to the end of its run.

To be honest I think I'll do it anyway.

Hope we all win the lottery by then. If they increase sale tickets that would equal out to the cost of an Ecto one or even a Knight Rider replica. If you actually had that capitol I'd just buy the car and go in style.
By Coover5
Slimered wrote: April 9th, 2019, 4:18 pm
Davideverona wrote: April 9th, 2019, 2:25 am What you think Jason will reveal on the first day of shooting?

My fingers, toes, arms, legs and eyes are all crossed that he is!
Sav C liked this
By Sav C
Slimered wrote: April 9th, 2019, 4:18 pm

I sure hope so! Remaining cautiously optimistic...
deadderek liked this
By Coover5
What I hope they don't do to us is say Murray, Aykroyd, Hudson, Weaver, Potts, Moranis etc are part of the cast and have it only be a cameo. They did that with Goldblum in Jurassic World 2 and it really bugged me. They kept touting it as his return to the franchise but he had just a couple minutes. I'm fine with a cameo but don't sell it to me as a key role.
mrmichaelt, Sav C, deadderek and 1 others liked this
By Davideverona
timeware wrote: April 9th, 2019, 5:14 pm
Davideverona wrote: April 9th, 2019, 11:24 am If the first image is Murray, I'll go see the movie every week from opening day to the end of its run.

To be honest I think I'll do it anyway.

Hope we all win the lottery by then. If they increase sale tickets that would equal out to the cost of an Ecto one or even a Knight Rider replica. If you actually had that capitol I'd just buy the car and go in style.
Well, I'm part of a group that is actually making the first Italian Ecto 1 replica, so we'll surely go in style.

The movie tickets here are 7 euros (9 if we talk 3D). How much is the ticket in the States?
deadderek, Sav C liked this
By Coover5
Prices vary a lot here. From luxury theaters to Imax to 2nd run theaters it could be any amount but generally $5 for second run theaters or Discount Tuesday (not all theaters have a Discount Tuesday but a lot do) at a regular theater. The higher end ones can cost about $12. I'd say average though is about $9.
By deadderek
I LOVE my local movie theater chain. $5 Tuesday with FREE small popcorn! I'm a cheapass and see all my movies on Tuesdays!

Average adult night time tickets run about $11 in South Eastern Michigan. (U.S.A.)

On a related note....how many times do you guys think you're seeing Ghostbusters 2020?

I'm at minimum of 3 times myself!!!
Sav C liked this
By Davideverona
deadderek wrote: April 10th, 2019, 12:57 am I LOVE my local movie theater chain. $5 Tuesday with FREE small popcorn! I'm a cheapass and see all my movies on Tuesdays!

Average adult night time tickets run about $11 in South Eastern Michigan. (U.S.A.)

On a related note....how many times do you guys think you're seeing Ghostbusters 2020?

I already prepared my wife. I'll be going to see a minimum of four times: 1 because I didn't see the original in theaters when it came out, 1 because I didn't see the sequel in theaters, 1 for the GB3 that coud have happened in 2014-2016, 1 because finally there is a GB3 to see.

Then, if I really like it, I'll go once a week.
By Doctor Venkman
Davideverona wrote: April 10th, 2019, 7:47 amhttps://ghostbustersnews.com/2019/04/10 ... -fan-fest/

I think we'll definitely hear something about GB20
They aren't going to have a festival like this and not say something special about GB3.

First image of the logo? Another teaser trailer? My money is on them finally announcing Aykroyd, Hudson, and probably Murray returning. The fan reaction alone is worth it to them.
RichRyan1507, Davideverona, Sav C and 1 others liked this
By Doctor Venkman
deadderek wrote: April 10th, 2019, 12:57 am On a related note....how many times do you guys think you're seeing Ghostbusters 2020?
I'm likely going to upgrade to AMC A-List for this. Can see three movies a week for about $26 a month (min 3 months). So, I could easily see this 12 times in the first month it's out if I wanted to.
deadderek wrote: April 10th, 2019, 3:36 am I'll bet anyone it opens #1 at the box office.
I'd be willing to bet that as well.
RichRyan1507, deadderek liked this
By Slimered
Coover5 wrote: April 9th, 2019, 7:43 pm What I hope they don't do to us is say Murray, Aykroyd, Hudson, Weaver, Potts, Moranis etc are part of the cast and have it only be a cameo. They did that with Goldblum in Jurassic World 2 and it really bugged me. They kept touting it as his return to the franchise but he had just a couple minutes. I'm fine with a cameo but don't sell it to me as a key role.
This annoyed me too. I nearly went to the Advertising Standards Authority here in the UK about the trailers for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom falsely promoting how much Jeff Goldblum was in the movie.
By Sav C
Davideverona wrote: April 9th, 2019, 11:23 pm
Well, I'm part of a group that is actually making the first Italian Ecto 1 replica, so we'll surely go in style.

The movie tickets here are 7 euros (9 if we talk 3D). How much is the ticket in the States?
Very cool! A couple of months ago I happened to find a Lira (Liro?) from the '70s, which was cool to see. In Canada, my theater's tickets are $9.50.
deadderek wrote:On a related note....how many times do you guys think you're seeing Ghostbusters 2020?

My theater probably won't get if for long (maybe a week). I may only get to see it twice. Hopefully once in 2D at least. It's funny we're talking about Jurassic World 2, since that's the last movie I saw in theater. It was in 3D, but it actually looked really good! I guess it took about a decade to work out the kinks, lol.
delta88 wrote:I see Jason has been added to Fan Fest.
Awesome!
deadderek liked this
By Kingpin
Slimered wrote: April 10th, 2019, 4:21 pmThis annoyed me too. I nearly went to the Advertising Standards Authority here in the UK about the trailers for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom falsely promoting how much Jeff Goldblum was in the movie.
The ASA is there to report adverts that are actually misleading (promoting effects from a product that it can't actually do) or inappropriate, the amount of Jeff Goldblum material suggested by a trailer is not a legitimate reason to report it to the ASA.
By Doctor Venkman
Slimered wrote: April 10th, 2019, 4:21 pm
Coover5 wrote: April 9th, 2019, 7:43 pm What I hope they don't do to us is say Murray, Aykroyd, Hudson, Weaver, Potts, Moranis etc are part of the cast and have it only be a cameo. They did that with Goldblum in Jurassic World 2 and it really bugged me. They kept touting it as his return to the franchise but he had just a couple minutes. I'm fine with a cameo but don't sell it to me as a key role.
This annoyed me too. I nearly went to the Advertising Standards Authority here in the UK about the trailers for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom falsely promoting how much Jeff Goldblum was in the movie.
That's about as excessive as you can get.

The trailers didn't mislead at all, actually. They never implied he was a major character. In fact, they only ever showed one scene with him in it. So it's probably a good thing you didn't actually complain because A) there was no case and B) it would've been relatively embarassing to complain about something like that when you really just got yourself overexcited.

Honestly, they said he was in the movie, they never said he was a major character or that he'd have a huge role and the trailers definitely didn't suggest that either.
By Dr.D
Also, it needs to be said that a big part of the internet movie "culture" (there aren't enough quotes to put around that word) is to blame. Clickbait websites are constantly running with half-truths and wild speculation as "news" all the time. A great recent example being ScreenRant, which has gone downhill so fast, ran an entire article saying Rian Johnson's SW trilogy was cancelled. There were no real sources, just speculation. So many sites saw Goldblum in the trailers and concocted a false narrative that he was a big part of the movie. I don't recall ever seeing any official sources claiming his role to be substantial. But marketing people knew he'd draw in crowds so he was in every trailer, but as has already been pointed out it was all from the same scene.

Basically, don't trust advertising and be weary of what you read on the internet.
Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
By Slimered
Kingpin wrote: April 11th, 2019, 1:20 am
Slimered wrote: April 10th, 2019, 4:21 pmThis annoyed me too. I nearly went to the Advertising Standards Authority here in the UK about the trailers for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom falsely promoting how much Jeff Goldblum was in the movie.
The ASA is there to report adverts that are actually misleading (promoting effects from a product that it can't actually do) or inappropriate, the amount of Jeff Goldblum material suggested by a trailer is not a legitimate reason to report it to the ASA.
But it was misleading. The trailers clearly suggested Jeff Goldblum had a major role, whereas the actual film was completely different. If I hadn't enjoyed the film as a customer I would have felt conned and betrayed.
By Davideverona
If that turns out to be the log line of the movie, I like it very much.

It states the obvious without stating the obvious. We know that we have to call the Ghostbusters. But who will answer the.... Who will pick up the phone? Ray and Co. Or the new team?
Sav C, deadderek liked this
By philmorgan81
Davideverona wrote:If that turns out to be the log line of the movie, I like it very much.

It states the obvious without stating the obvious. We know that we have to call the Ghostbusters. But who will answer the.... Who will pick up the phone? Ray and Co. Or the new team?
LOL! There in lies the big question. I agree, that Tagline gives me the chills. :):):)
Sav C liked this
By Coover5
QUESTION FOR EVERYONE

There are many ways to take "YOU KNOW WHO TO CALL" but there seems to be two main ways folks are taking it (based on Facebook posts). Some are taking it as

Ghostbusters the business is in full operation.

or

The original Buster actors are back.

How do you perceive the tagline? Is this confirmation for you that the business didn't shut down in 1990? Or are our boys in grey back in some capacity? Or do you think it's just fun marketing?

I think it's in reference to the business. I don't think it's any coincidence that as fans became very vocal about their fear that Ghostbusters 3 will be all Ghosts and no Busters that Jason shared the Ecto photo then followed it up with a bit more clear "You know who to call" teaser poster.
By deadderek
We could just be jumping the gun...keep in mind it's not even a teaser poster...just to get licensing/merchandise excitement/interest going.

I'm cool if that ends up being the actual tag line though.
Coover5, Sav C liked this

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]