Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Dr.D
Not sure how many people remember, but about 7-8 years ago a dude named Jason Skoby did COPS/Reno 911! style Ghostbusters web series. I always dug that concept alot. Not saying it should be done here, but if they ever wanted to do a budget conscious GB show that'd be the way to go.
roopjm liked this
By back
Interesting thought I just had...
What if the OGB's were simply arrested between the GB game timeline & current?
Movie could open up with the 3 remaining OGB's walking out of sing sing prison after serving several years jailed for being blamed for accidentally causing an UN-natural disaster (or whatever)... Would explain the Ecto & Packs being stored in a barn rusting away.
More food for thought. :whatever:
By Wiggyof9
Dr.D wrote:GB3 opens exactly like Blues Brothers, Venkman being let out of prison and met by Winston and Ray in the Ecto.
That... is actually a pretty neat idea. Someone is always trying to arrest then. What if this time it stuck because there wasn't a world ending emergency to save them so they could save the world?
By Kingpin
back wrote: March 9th, 2019, 8:37 am What if the OGB's were simply arrested between the GB game timeline & current?
Movie could open up with the 3 remaining OGB's walking out of sing sing prison after serving several years jailed for being blamed for accidentally causing an UN-natural disaster (or whatever)...
A bit too close to Blues Brothers and Ocean's 11, I feel.
By Slimered
Kingpin wrote: March 8th, 2019, 4:56 pm
Slimered wrote: March 8th, 2019, 4:22 pmBill Murray will do it. He did Answer The Call, so he'll do this.
He did two Garfield films, and didn't agree to any of the scripts and ideas Aykroyd presented over the years. While we'd all like to see him in 2020, we should prepare for the possibility he won't be there.
There's no reason why he shouldn't be there. He did Answer The Call.
By Coover5
RichRyan1507 wrote: March 9th, 2019, 3:12 pm News from the world of Gozer: Cinematographer added. No surprise. It's Jason's regular cinematographer.

https://thegww.com/ghostbusters-adds-ci ... iet-place/
C'mon folks. We speculate with every bit of news so let's go. I'm thinking Dutch angles. Maybe a pan. Is it too early to assume a dolly shot?
By Sav C
timeware wrote: March 9th, 2019, 1:30 pm Good God I hope none of the OG's actually twerk.
Bust a move!
Coover5 wrote:C'mon folks. We speculate with every bit of news so let's go. I'm thinking Dutch angles. Maybe a pan. Is it too early to assume a dolly shot?
My money's on a dolly zoom.
By philmorgan81
Dr.D wrote: March 9th, 2019, 7:50 pm He had his time. Let the lil spud fly off into the sunset. I can only see a cameo by Slimer as being shoehorned.

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Slimer again. I mean next to the Moogly he is pretty much the Mascot for the Franchise. However both Slimer and Stay Puft were both shoehorned in ATC. So they may not want to do that again. Now I know you can argue that the Terror Dogs and Stay Puft are just as iconic and just as deserving of mascot status and I totally agree. Neither of them made an appearance in Ghostbusters 2. Now this film has a shot at possibly doing the same thing with Slimer. Maybe only have him mentioned in a one off line like Stay Puft was in Ghostbusters 2. I give it 50/50. Again I wouldn't mind seeing him again, I am just hoping he isn't a pet. :):):)
*NormalGamer* liked this
By Alphagaia
Coover5 wrote: March 9th, 2019, 4:50 pm
RichRyan1507 wrote: March 9th, 2019, 3:12 pm News from the world of Gozer: Cinematographer added. No surprise. It's Jason's regular cinematographer.

https://thegww.com/ghostbusters-adds-ci ... iet-place/
C'mon folks. We speculate with every bit of news so let's go. I'm thinking Dutch angles. Maybe a pan. Is it too early to assume a dolly shot?
I am all for Dutch angles.

Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge
Sav C liked this
By Wiggyof9
Dr.D wrote: March 9th, 2019, 7:50 pm He had his time. Let the lil spud fly off into the sunset. I can only see a cameo by Slimer as being shoehorned.

It all depends. GB:TVG had Slimer used as a test subject which is nice. He wasnt friendly like in RGB or GB2. I think it was also implied that they occasionally let him out to re-haunt the hotel when it was slow since Slimer would go back when he broke out.
One time liked this
By *NormalGamer*
philmorgan81 wrote: March 9th, 2019, 8:12 pm

Yeah I wouldn't mind seeing Slimer again. I mean next to the Moogly he is pretty much the Mascot for the Franchise. However both Slimer and Stay Puft were both shoehorned in ATC. So they may not want to do that again. Now I know you can argue that the Terror Dogs and Stay Puft are just as iconic and just as deserving of mascot status and I totally agree. Neither of them made an appearance in Ghostbusters 2. Now this film has a shot at possibly doing the same thing with Slimer. Maybe only have him mentioned in a one off line like Stay Puft was in Ghostbusters 2. I give it 50/50. Again I wouldn't mind seeing him again, I am just hoping he isn't a pet. :):):)
@ *referring to obld*

Like in RGB? Oh, I agree.

It just wouldn't be Ghostbusters without seeing our favorite little spud; even though Slimer is minor character in the first two films (as well as in ATC), I, too, wouldn't mind seeing him cameo again. ^_^
Sav C liked this
By Alphagaia
philmorgan81 wrote: March 9th, 2019, 8:12 pm

Let's be honest, they shoehorned Slimer in ATC and GB2 (One could argue in ATC he was at least pivatol to the plot by stealing the Ecto-1.)

I agree with the non-pet thing, though I'm not sure if I'm ok with him being in a holding cell for 30+ years.
By robbritton
I dunno, if we must have a fourth going-into-business picture, I can see former Ghostbuster Ray Stantz living out in the sticks with his old mate, Slimer.

Be a good reveal from Ray to sceptical locals in a family movie. “Ghosts aren’t real, huh? Ok”: opens the kitchen door to Slimer demolishing the fridge.

For the record, that’s not where I’d go with it, nor would I particularly want to see it, but I can at least picture it as one way Slimer could have a reason for being around in this one.
savintheday, back liked this
By timeware
Wiggyof9 wrote: March 9th, 2019, 11:59 pm

It all depends. GB:TVG had Slimer used as a test subject which is nice. He wasnt friendly like in RGB or GB2. I think it was also implied that they occasionally let him out to re-haunt the hotel when it was slow since Slimer would go back when he broke out.
Which could set up the plot line for the GB's being arrested. Venkman selling Ghost insurance and that weaselly hotel owner winning a case against them. Making Slimer the villain is an idea I rather like. If he's the ghost of a fat mafia boss the spud would be getting to big for his non britches while the GB's are in captivity. I would really like to see Slimer's back story explored in the new film.
By Alphagaia
timeware wrote: March 10th, 2019, 1:40 am
Wiggyof9 wrote: March 9th, 2019, 11:59 pm

Which could set up the plot line for the GB's being arrested. Venkman selling Ghost insurance and that weaselly hotel owner winning a case against them. Making Slimer the villain is an idea I rather like. If he's the ghost of a fat mafia boss the spud would be getting to big for his non britches while the GB's are in captivity. I would really like to see Slimer's back story explored in the new film.
Making Slimer a villain makes me think of Feigs initial take on the backstory:

'This was my Slimer redesign back when the ghosts were more alien. He's intended to break out of the Gangster ghost. Sliming everyone with his dangling entrails and eating everything with rows of revolving teeth. Production eventually decided to go with the good old classic design from the first film.'

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/rVKPL

By timeware
I don't think you have to make Slimer that mean looking. Pull Joe Pesci out of retirement to do his voice, give Slimer a bit of intelligence and your good to go.

It appears that some time today someone who […]

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]