Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By RichardLess
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
philmorgan81 wrote: July 15th, 2019, 7:27 am If it is not GB 2020. I think it will be Ghostbusters: Subtitle. However it will be a Subtitle that states that this is a sequel to the original films. I have no idea what short and sweet subtitle that is, but that will be one of the suprises. :):):)
Imagine if they called it "The Real Ghostbusters". It would set the Internet on fire. A) because of the cartoon but more importantly, and unfortunately, B) the implication that this movie is the real thing and the one released a years ago wasn't. It's a cool title but they'd never do it and they probably shouldn't.

What about "Ghostbusters Return" or "Return of the Ghostbusters"(too long).

Ghostbusters: The Rise of Spengler

Edit: Really? A dislike? Alright. I see how it is

Edit # 2: ok seriously. Why the dislikes?
Last edited by RichardLess on July 15th, 2019, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
janeb984 liked this
By Dr.D
BUT, and here is why this is genius, this is still in many regards the true third Ghostbusters film. ATC was a reboot and the game was a game. This is the third film continuing the series as it started in '84.
By *NormalGamer*
Dr.D wrote: July 15th, 2019, 9:24 am I stand by my assertion that calling this movie Ghostbusters 3 would be a bit of genius, but I don't think it'll happen.
timeware wrote:Technically it is and it isn't. People call atc the third film, the video game, the third film, it's your preference really.
Dr.D wrote:BUT, and here is why this is genius, this is still in many regards the true third Ghostbusters film. ATC was a reboot and the game was a game. This is the third film continuing the series as it started in '84.
timeware wrote:True. Very true, but the same could be said about tvg continuing the series so I'm now calling 2020 Ghostbusters 4.lol.
I, myself, have already made up my mind a long time ago that GB: TVG is pretty much GBIII simply for the fact that the original four actors reprised their roles for the final time before Harold's passing; with GB2020, I will think of it as an epilogue for the OGB's and the peak of their adventures, past and present, while it passes the torch to the brand new characters.
RedSpecial, deadderek liked this
By philmorgan81
*NormalGamer* wrote: July 15th, 2019, 4:51 pm
Dr.D wrote: July 15th, 2019, 9:24 am I stand by my assertion that calling this movie Ghostbusters 3 would be a bit of genius, but I don't think it'll happen.
timeware wrote:Technically it is and it isn't. People call atc the third film, the video game, the third film, it's your preference really.
Dr.D wrote:BUT, and here is why this is genius, this is still in many regards the true third Ghostbusters film. ATC was a reboot and the game was a game. This is the third film continuing the series as it started in '84.
timeware wrote:True. Very true, but the same could be said about tvg continuing the series so I'm now calling 2020 Ghostbusters 4.lol.
I, myself, have already made up my mind a long time ago that GB: TVG is pretty much GBIII simply for the fact that the original four actors reprised their roles for the final time before Harold's passing; with GB2020, I will think of it as an epilogue for the OGB's and the peak of their adventures, past and present, while it passes the torch to the brand new characters.
Yeah The 2009 video game will always be Ghostbusters 3 to me for the same reasons. It tied both Ghostbusters 1 and 2 together with the Mood Slime having been supposedly generated and dumped into the sewers from Shandor Island and having Vigo appear in the firehouse. Also tied up the rest of the Ghostbusters Story by having Ivo Shandor as the main villain. I'd say it brought everything full circle. Now just like you said this film will be more about the changing of the guard. Seeing the characters that remain to close their chapter and see where the world will be going from here. If this movie is half the love letter the 2009 Video Game Was, this film could be quite remarkable. :):):)
Last edited by Kingpin on July 16th, 2019, 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed quote code
*NormalGamer*, RedSpecial, deadderek and 1 others liked this
By deadderek
The code has been cracked. They're not Spenglers. Jason had us all fooled. Here's the GB1 connection.

RedSpecial, back liked this
By robbritton
Ghostbusters 3: Is the magic number
Ghostbusters 3: Times a lady
Ghostbusters 2's company, Ghostbusters 3's a crowd.

It's possible there's a reason I don't work in film.
deadderek, SpaceBallz, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
By mrmichaelt
Logan Kim posted a photo taken of him, Grace, Wolfhard, and O'Connor with ice cream on the set. It was since deleted from his instagram as of Monday.
https://twitter.com/GBNewsdotcom/status ... 1224723457
https://www.instagram.com/logan_kimchi/

Evidentially, Kim arrived in Canada on July 3.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzdkP67HnsZ/

CTV reported film crews set up shop near the Red Cross Building along 13th Avenue Southwest in Beltline on Monday.
https://calgary.ctvnews.ca/filming-of-l ... -1.4509366
By SpaceBallz
mrmichaelt wrote: July 16th, 2019, 4:05 am Logan Kim posted a photo taken of him, Grace, Wolfhard, and O'Connor with ice cream on the set. It was since deleted from his instagram as of Monday.

CTV reported film crews set up shop near the Red Cross Building along 13th Avenue Southwest in Beltline on Monday.
The girl is wearing a stay puft shirt! Interesting...GB merchandise in the film still around?
Alphagaia liked this
By RichardLess
Usually dislikes don't bother me. I can usually guess why someone disliked a comment. But I'm seriously confused why my post about GB3 names was disliked so many times that it no longer shows up? I didn't insult anyone opinion, didn't call anyone names, didn't insult GB16 or GB84. This one has got me scratching me head. It's just a post guessing what GB2020 might be called and why calling it "real ghostbusters" might not be a good idea.

???
By Alphagaia
SpaceBallz wrote: July 16th, 2019, 8:50 am
mrmichaelt wrote: July 16th, 2019, 4:05 am Logan Kim posted a photo taken of him, Grace, Wolfhard, and O'Connor with ice cream on the set. It was since deleted from his instagram as of Monday.

The girl is wearing a stay puft shirt! Interesting...GB merchandise in the film still around?
I think this might actually be a significant spoiler if so. It would mean people actually didn't forget about GB.

On the other hand, she could just be wearing it for funs and not be in costume.
By Alphagaia
DocLathropBrown wrote: July 16th, 2019, 12:35 pm Stay Puft is already a fictional character in the GB world. A Stay Puft shirt doesn't have to reflect the GBs at all, just Stay Puft marshmallows.
I once said the movie would be about the Stay Puft brand trying to get back on track after the 1984 debacle and their logo trampling a church.

It's now confirmed the movie is about this.

I'm a genius.
By Doctor Venkman
RichardLess wrote: July 16th, 2019, 9:04 am Usually dislikes don't bother me. I can usually guess why someone disliked a comment. But I'm seriously confused why my post about GB3 names was disliked so many times that it no longer shows up? I didn't insult anyone opinion, didn't call anyone names, didn't insult GB16 or GB84. This one has got me scratching me head. It's just a post guessing what GB2020 might be called and why calling it "real ghostbusters" might not be a good idea.

???
I think you may take dislikes too personally. It's not that people are using them saying that you were insulting. People were disliking the options you proposed for the simple reason that they did not like the options you proposed.

I'd imagine most of the dislikes came from the "The Real Ghostbusters" suggestion in that people wouldn't like that idea, due to what you said... it would imply that GB:ATC was in some way illegitimate, which obviously would cause issues for multiple reasons, the least of which is that it would be unprofessional and a unnecessary stab at that movie.
RichRyan1507 liked this
By Doctor Venkman
Alphagaia wrote: July 16th, 2019, 10:58 am I think this might actually be a significant spoiler if so. It would mean people actually didn't forget about GB.

McKenna Grace is a huge Ghostbusters fan. I believe this is just a picture of the actors getting ice cream together after a day of filming, not a BTS pic. She's just wearing a shirt that she owns, most likely.
RedSpecial, lozbloke, janeb984 and 3 others liked this
By Davideverona
Doctor Venkman wrote: July 16th, 2019, 12:48 pm
Alphagaia wrote: July 16th, 2019, 10:58 am I think this might actually be a significant spoiler if so. It would mean people actually didn't forget about GB.

McKenna Grace is a huge Ghostbusters fan. I believe this is just a picture of the actors getting ice cream together after a day of filming, not a BTS pic. She's just wearing a shirt that she owns, most likely.
I wonder why it has been deleted.
By ecto1matt
I would hope the Ghostbusters are remembered and are still always getting called. Even some kind of expansion of expertise like a paranormal art department run by Janosz or something.
By RichardLess
Doctor Venkman wrote: July 16th, 2019, 12:43 pm
RichardLess wrote: July 16th, 2019, 9:04 am Usually dislikes don't bother me. I can usually guess why someone disliked a comment. But I'm seriously confused why my post about GB3 names was disliked so many times that it no longer shows up? I didn't insult anyone opinion, didn't call anyone names, didn't insult GB16 or GB84. This one has got me scratching me head. It's just a post guessing what GB2020 might be called and why calling it "real ghostbusters" might not be a good idea.

???
I think you may take dislikes too personally. It's not that people are using them saying that you were insulting. People were disliking the options you proposed for the simple reason that they did not like the options you proposed.

I'd imagine most of the dislikes came from the "The Real Ghostbusters" suggestion in that people wouldn't like that idea, due to what you said... it would imply that GB:ATC was in some way illegitimate, which obviously would cause issues for multiple reasons, the least of which is that it would be unprofessional and a unnecessary stab at that movie.
I could honestly care less about getting disliked. I don't take it personally(I mean..we don't really know each other). This just confounded me on a logic level. Dislikes usually aren't used to downvote or silence a harmless opinion(which is what happens when a certain threshold of dislikes is surpassed). There's an unspoken etiquette that downvotes are generally reserved for things like: off topic behaviour, trolling, insults, being rude or aggressive. That type of thing. So it just took me by surprise that a harmless opinion post was downvoted to that level. I've made over something like 600 comments on this site. As some people here can attest, like Kingpin and Alpha, I've been involved in many(perhaps too many lol) debates that have gotten a little heated. I've recieved dislikes on those post and understood why & calibrated my disposition accordingly. This time I just couldn't see it. I also wanted to make sure I didn't offend anyone.

Anyways...back to GB: Whatever discussion
Sav C liked this

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]