Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Ghostbusters 2 never gets re released. Why can’t Sony do a double feature with GB 1 & 2?

I hope Sony does a Ghostbusters marathon screening like they do for Star Wars & Marvel movies.

I’ve seen GB1 in theatres a few times now but I’ve been dying to see GB2 with a crowd & on the big screen.

How many of you here would love to see GB2 in theatres? We should let Sony know! Ghostbusters is a franchise! There are two films damn it! why not release both? Disney did it a few years ago for the Toy Story movies before the 3rd one was released.

Ghostbusters 2 is always getting the short end of the stick. Oh and Sony while you are at it, release “Extreme Ghostbusters” on DVD please in North America. Is that so much to ask? I can’t buy “Extreme Ghostbusters” anywhere if I wanted to, I can’t rent it, stream it or download it. ITunes, Youtube, Sony PlayStation store? Nowhere to be found.
I was a little disappointed at Fan Fest when they advertised a double Feature of both movies and yet they didn't show GB2. The did show the full in movie GB2 commercial so it was worth it but I know what you mean. Being how GB2 was the first movie I ever seen in a theater I would love to go see it on the big screen again as an adult.
Corey91 liked this
RichardLess wrote:Ghostbusters 2 never gets re released. Why can’t Sony do a double feature with GB 1 & 2?

I hope Sony does a Ghostbusters marathon screening like they do for Star Wars & Marvel movies.

I’ve seen GB1 in theatres a few times now but I’ve been dying to see GB2 with a crowd & on the big screen.

How many of you here would love to see GB2 in theatres? We should let Sony know! Ghostbusters is a franchise! There are two films damn it! why not release both? Disney did it a few years ago for the Toy Story movies before the 3rd one was released.

Ghostbusters 2 is always getting the short end of the stick. Oh and Sony while you are at it, release “Extreme Ghostbusters” on DVD please in North America. Is that so much to ask? I can’t buy “Extreme Ghostbusters” anywhere if I wanted to, I can’t rent it, stream it or download it. ITunes, Youtube, Sony PlayStation store? Nowhere to be found.
Oh yeah Extreme Ghostbusters deserves a legitimate DVD release in North America. The Godzilla Animated tv series got a complete dvd release and not only is it the same animation style, but it also had the same amount of episodes as Extreme Ghostbusters. I think releasing Extreme Ghostbusters on DVD at around the same time as the release of Afterlife woud be a great for marketing. Afterall I believe that when Ghostbusters ATC was coning out Sony Re released The Real Ghostbusters on DVD and even Dreamworks who owns the rights to the Filmation's Ghostbusters RE Released a few episodes of that show on 2 DVD sets to cash in on the name. So If Sony released Extreme Ghostbusters on DVD to coincide with Afterlife it would be a good test to see how much interest there is in those future projects Ghost Corps is kicking around. :):):)
RichardLess wrote: June 26th, 2020, 3:28 pmHow many of you here would love to see GB2 in theatres? We should let Sony know!
I think therein lies the problem.

Ghostbusters II has a loyal fanbase but it's a fraction of the size of the fanbase of the original, you can screen the original and sit easy that you'll get a return for the investment of showing it.
I suspect they don't feel Ghostbusters II is as safe a bet, which is likely the same reason you rarely ever see Back to the Future Part II & III being screened in lieu of the original... The original is just a safer financial bet.
deadderek liked this
The Prince Charles Cinema in London occasionally shows Ghostbusters 1 and 2 back to back using old prints, so I’d imagine other cult cinemas do the same. But yeah, there’s no return on investment in remastering GB2 for general release in cinemas, sadly.
I think at some point Netflix had both gb1 and Gb2. Did they lose their license? They had RGB and filmation also. Anywho I'm surprised they hadn't put up ATC yet.

Netflix has acquired Cobra Kai, if you need something that's binge worthy I highly recommend it.

They'll be uploading the first three karate kid movies, then the first two seasons with the third in September. Can't wait to see what Netflix does with it.
timeware wrote: June 27th, 2020, 2:12 am I think at some point Netflix had both gb1 and Gb2. Did they lose their license? They had RGB and filmation also.
Netflix has to pay a fee per region it wants to show a certain movie or series.
These contracts usually just last an x amount of time, with price based on the popularity of the brand.
They simply calculate the amount of viewers that would be interested in the title, and know that after a given time there will be a drop off in views, untill it's not financilally viable / interesting to keep the content live.
timeware wrote: June 27th, 2020, 2:12 am Anywho I'm surprised they hadn't put up ATC yet
ATC has been up on Netflix during 2018, by the way? At least here in the Netherlands. If I remember correctly it was the extended cut.
Ok, here's how I think the original Ghostbusters will show up in the movie.

Grooberson is from New York and he's in Summerville for the time taken by his investigations.

When he starts to understand that there's something strange in the Oklahoma based neighbourhood and he realize that Phoebe is a Spengler he make a call, hoping to receive an answer.

He call Ray Stantz, who bring along the others. I think Dana will be married with Peter so she come with him due to his old age and Janine.... Well, I'm thorn on whether she ended up being in a relationship with Egon or she's the only one who has all the Ghostbusters Inc. archives.

They show up in the middle of the movie, helps the new cast with their researches and then they finally suits up for the big battle.
deadderek, pizzarat liked this
timeware wrote: June 27th, 2020, 4:50 am You can only binge watch the evil dead so many times.
I am living proof that that isn't true!
Davideverona wrote: June 27th, 2020, 5:15 am Ok, here's how I think the original Ghostbusters will show up in the movie.

Grooberson is from New York and he's in Summerville for the time taken by his investigations.

When he starts to understand that there's something strange in the Oklahoma based neighbourhood and he realize that Phoebe is a Spengler he make a call, hoping to receive an answer.

He call Ray Stantz, who bring along the others. I think Dana will be married with Peter so she come with him due to his old age and Janine.... Well, I'm thorn on whether she ended up being in a relationship with Egon or she's the only one who has all the Ghostbusters Inc. archives.

They show up in the middle of the movie, helps the new cast with their researches and then they finally suits up for the big battle.
Sounds about right.
Davideverona liked this
What if they tease us with new footage found on YouTube of the GB?

De-aged them for a bust/interview or two while Phoebe is looking for any footage of her grandfather. He is almost never on screen, just of out of the picture as Venkman hogs the screens, teasing us as much with ofscreen busts, with them finally showing up in the end, all wearing their jumpsuits and packs.
RichRyan1507 liked this
timeware wrote: June 27th, 2020, 2:12 am I think at some point Netflix had both gb1 and Gb2. Did they lose their license?
It may not've so much been that they "lost it", that it reached its expiration date. I get the feeling that various channels pay for broadcast rights, which is why they'll sometimes play them ad infinitum to make the most of the investment... And then they disappear from the schedule when the licenced broadcast period expires.
SpaceBallz liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 27th, 2020, 7:10 am
timeware wrote: June 27th, 2020, 2:12 am I think at some point Netflix had both gb1 and Gb2. Did they lose their license?
It may not've so much been that they "lost it", that it reached its expiration date. I get the feeling that various channels pay for broadcast rights, which is why they'll sometimes play them ad infinitum to make the most of the investment... And then they disappear from the schedule when the licenced broadcast period expires.
Isn't that exactly how I explained it?
No prob!

I just realised that the Spengler family is out of money since mom has no job for some reason and they even get evicted for not being able to pay the bills. Which is makes the move to grandfathers house in Summerville possible.
Mom probably is gonna work in a walmarkt or something. Takes any job that gets some food on the table and get the kids into school.

That must mean its all just setting up to the whole family becoming Ghostbusters to make a decent living right?
Dr.D liked this
Glenn Frederick wrote: June 26th, 2020, 4:53 pm I was a little disappointed at Fan Fest when they advertised a double Feature of both movies and yet they didn't show GB2. The did show the full in movie GB2 commercial so it was worth it but I know what you mean. Being how GB2 was the first movie I ever seen in a theater I would love to go see it on the big screen again as an adult.
Yes, they unceremoniously canceled it at the last minute without making an announcement. I e-mailed Wizard to voice my displeasure. It was apparently to make the "cocktails" section of the event longer, but people could have easily interacted with GBII playing in the theater.

I can't wait to see how many GBII allusions make it into Afterlife. I'll even accept one good one. To me it's important as II is very significant to the legacy of GB, especially to Harold Ramis.
I just can’t help but think it will be a little forced if all they guys suddenly turn up together to save the day. And I’m struggling to think of a reason that Dana would accompany Venkman if indeed they are together. If they aren’t together then there’s even less reason for her character to be present.

Do we think the three guys have gone their separate ways or do you think they’ve continued to work together in some fashion, albeit not actually ghostbusting?
Well the two movies have involved paranormal stuff being linked to Dana, esp since she was possessed in the first movie. It only kind of makes sense to bring her since she has such a big history with Zuul and well, actually being a terror dog for a long time. Maybe they use her to summon Zuul or help with the process in some way.

...no idea how Janine will be implemented tho!
Glenn Frederick liked this
Alphagaia wrote: June 27th, 2020, 8:16 am
Kingpin wrote: June 27th, 2020, 7:10 am

Isn't that exactly how I explained it?
Sounded better from Kingpin
I doubt July 10th will pass by without us at least getting SOMETHING new.

Come on Sony...come on.
I wouldn’t count out the possibility that all we see is de-aged footage of them in the uniforms. It’s entirely possible they’ve all vanished and the endgame is rescuing them from a rift they’ve been in for years, and all we see are flashbacks.

I am really going to miss being able to do all this conjecture!
janeb984, deadderek liked this
If that's part of the script they will have to address Oscar at some point. I would assume he's either not affiliated with the company at all or he's running his own paranormal company in another state.

Again as much as people hate that idea he is the son of two or one Ghostbusters members if Dana's a full fledged member.

My guess is if he isn't cast then this is going to be an Easter egg or the questions brought up by Ray or Winston in casual brief conversation.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/37016683[…]

Between the terror dogs in GB1 and the Boogieman i[…]

Spengler/84 wand Gun Track

So...I had more than a little problem with disas[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quic[…]