Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
So my last question about favorite GBA merchandise went well. Let's try another one.

What piece of Ghostbusters: Afterlife merchandise do you NOT own, but wish you did?

For me? Wave 2 plasma series figures. Can't find them at any Target stores near me at all. :(
deadderek wrote: September 19th, 2021, 1:26 pm So my last question about favorite GBA merchandise went well. Let's try another one.

What piece of Ghostbusters: Afterlife merchandise do you NOT own, but wish you did?

For me? Wave 2 plasma series figures. Can't find them at any Target stores near me at all. :(
Literally 90% of the merch. I couldn’t find ANYTHING outside of Old Winston, Muncher, and the cereal. Literally NONE of the stores I visit have the Stay Puft marshmallows. Only things they’d have are the GB1 Plasma Series figures although I’ve seen a couple MOD throwers
deadderek wrote: September 19th, 2021, 1:26 pm So my last question about favorite GBA merchandise went well. Let's try another one.

Wave 2 too.
deadderek liked this
We have all the wave one plasma figures, 6 of the 8 minipufts, all the Kenner rereleases, all the fright features (including 2 new ectos), Trevor and Lucky for wave 2 plasmas, mod thrower and taser pke.

My son really wants the blue pack (even though he has a modded spirit pack with the Spengler Wand and Spongeface kit). I want to find everything we don't have, honestly.
deadderek liked this
RichardLess wrote: September 19th, 2021, 2:26 amThey did that for Rise of Skywalker, they repurposed cut footage, and it’s awkward as hell. It takes you right out of the movie. You can see how they reversed engineered the scene, the dialogue is stilted. It was wrong.
Well, in my head, I was thinking merely silent footage of Egon. Something where he looks younger that can be on screen, maybe as the last shot of a scene (if we're playing out the scenario where a double is used with no face, the scene could cap with a shot of the actual Harold). Or just some material that can be manipulated very minimally. Since the character is not supposed to be alive, and the footage is 1984 era, you wouldn't be needing to or doing the kind of work that Rise of Skywalker has to do to pretend Fisher is actually interacting with people -- it would just be using actual footage of Harold in some kind of brief flashback sequence.
JonXCTrack liked this
Davideverona wrote: September 20th, 2021, 4:29 am
Bison256 wrote: September 20th, 2021, 3:56 am 60 days left until the US release day. We're approaching the home stretch guys.
59 for us 😁

I think this is the nearest to the release date we've gone so far.
Quiet you fools! Don't tempt the fates!
Alphagaia wrote: September 20th, 2021, 4:05 am So I'm sitting in a 4DX chair for the first time going to watch Dune.

Water can be turned off or on.
Should I be worried?

Should I watch GBA the same way?
That was certainly a ride. Had great fun. Dune is a beautiful movie by the way. Without a third act. Hoping the sequel gets made!

Guys if you are able to see GBA mutiple times, makes sure you to watch a 4DX if you are able.
The smoke, tremors, wind, rain and movements are really fun, but they do take you out of the story sometimes, so make sure you do it on the second watch.

Can't wait to ride along with the Wrecto when they chase after Muncher with this experience!

Edit: also, GBA trailer before Dune! WOOT WOOT.
droidguy1119 wrote: September 19th, 2021, 6:39 pm
RichardLess wrote: September 19th, 2021, 2:26 amThey did that for Rise of Skywalker, they repurposed cut footage, and it’s awkward as hell. It takes you right out of the movie. You can see how they reversed engineered the scene, the dialogue is stilted. It was wrong.
Well, in my head, I was thinking merely silent footage of Egon. Something where he looks younger that can be on screen, maybe as the last shot of a scene (if we're playing out the scenario where a double is used with no face, the scene could cap with a shot of the actual Harold). Or just some material that can be manipulated very minimally. Since the character is not supposed to be alive, and the footage is 1984 era, you wouldn't be needing to or doing the kind of work that Rise of Skywalker has to do to pretend Fisher is actually interacting with people -- it would just be using actual footage of Harold in some kind of brief flashback sequence.
When Jason announced at Fan Fest he was going through old dailies, the first thought I had was that they were looking for bits and pieces of footage with Harold in it that they could cut together and use in Ghostbusters: Afterlife so as to avoid using CGI. If done sparingly, and executed well, it could be a nice homage to Harold.
So, listen, anyone who is on the fence about going to NYCC this year, MAY want to go. Why?

Okay, so, there's a Ghostbusters Afterlife panel. It's NYCC that isn't odd. HOWEVER, what is different is there's a reservation and the panel is over 2 and a half hours long. With that information, I feel like the odds are above average that they MAY pull a CinemaCon and drop the entire movie on the panel goers.

Needless to say, I'm grabbing my ticket for the day and going to that panel.
Alphagaia liked this
zeta otaku wrote: September 20th, 2021, 11:31 am So, listen, anyone who is on the fence about going to NYCC this year, MAY want to go. Why?

Okay, so, there's a Ghostbusters Afterlife panel. It's NYCC that isn't odd. HOWEVER, what is different is there's a reservation and the panel is over 2 and a half hours long. With that information, I feel like the odds are above average that they MAY pull a CinemaCon and drop the entire movie on the panel goers.

I don't know. They will be showing some clips and there will be a Q&A with the cast and crew.... I don't think they'll show the movie.
Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
zeta otaku wrote: September 20th, 2021, 11:31 am So, listen, anyone who is on the fence about going to NYCC this year, MAY want to go. Why?

Reservations for the panel were so stressful today. But I got through and got one, even before knowing how long the panel is. I'm trying to not get overexcited, cuz I really think there's plenty of reasons that they won't show the movie early to a bunch of fans and have lots of plot and such leak online... but, like you said, that's a very long panel.

I'll absolutely lose my mind if they show the whole movie.
JonXCTrack wrote: September 20th, 2021, 8:48 am When Jason announced at Fan Fest he was going through old dailies, the first thought I had was that they were looking for bits and pieces of footage with Harold in it that they could cut together and use in Ghostbusters: Afterlife so as to avoid using CGI. If done sparingly, and executed well, it could be a nice homage to Harold.
Davideverona wrote: September 20th, 2021, 9:34 am I think they'll use those alternate scenes when Phoebe looks on internet to learn about the Ghostbusters.
We already saw the "arriving at Dana's building" bit and the "we're ready to believe you" tv ad.
Agreed, there's still at least one more deleted scene out there that we haven't seen yet from GB1. Likely more. It had Egon and Janine in it similar to the Ray clip shown at Fan Fest, a scene that takes place before the this fabulous dinner/the call from the Sedgewick Hotel. It was Egon working on equipment at a work table and Janine talks to him and brings him a drink. There's a few stills in the GB1 Storybook.
https://www.theraffon.net/spookcentral/gb1_deleted.htm

If Jason and co. found something like that and was able to reuse/use it for the first time, that would be boss.
pizzarat, robbritton liked this
So...someone over on reddit claims to have seen the movie and gave a few very mild spoilers (basically a few things we've already speculated on as far as how big of a part the OGs play).
This Post Contains Spoilers
Whether or not this guy has actually seen the movie is debatable, but this sounds plausible and realistic to what we've all been discussing.
Last edited by SpaceBallz on September 21st, 2021, 2:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceBallz wrote: September 20th, 2021, 11:23 pm So...someone over on reddit claims to have seen the movie and gave a few very mild spoilers (basically a few things we've already speculated on as far as how big of a part the OGs play).
Whether or not this guy has actually seen the movie is debatable, but this sounds plausible and realistic to what we've all been discussing.
This is the first thing that sounds sort of believable, but then again, it also takes the tactic of being so vague that it doesn't say anything too specific.
Alphagaia liked this
timeware wrote: September 21st, 2021, 12:50 am Honestly it sounds like someone's just pulled it out their bass. Not much of a spoiler really.
Might be too "on the nose" with that quote but we'll see.
I'm not sure it's worth the effort or our attention posting anything that pops up on Reddit, given the dubious nature of pretty much any claim made about the movie there.

They didn't even give us Lucky or Podcast's names.
Alphagaia, mrmichaelt, deadderek and 1 others liked this

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]