Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
MFW I see notifications on this thread, get excited, and then see off topic posts:

RichRyan1507, groschopf, Sav C and 2 others liked this
Looks like we'll get an official look at some Hasbro products at 1:30 EST this Saturday.

"For the first time ever, Hasbro will give the public a look inside its invite-only Hasbro Pulse Entertainment Brands Preview Event at Toy Fair New York.

The event will be livestreamed exclusively on the Hasbro Pulse Facebook page on Saturday, February 22 at 1:30 p.m. ET.

Fans will get a first look at new products from Marvel, Star Wars, Power Rangers, NERF, and Transformers, in addition to the much-anticipated debut of toys from Ghostbusters, including the forthcoming Ghostbusters: Afterlife, and the G.I. Joe relaunch."

... "including" Afterlife? Interesting.

source: https://toybook.com/tfny-hasbro-pulse-t ... -toy-fair/
Sav C, Alphagaia, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
groschopf wrote:Looks like we'll get an official look at some Hasbro products at 1:30 EST this Saturday.

"For the first time ever, Hasbro will give the public a look inside its invite-only Hasbro Pulse Entertainment Brands Preview Event at Toy Fair New York.

The event will be livestreamed exclusively on the Hasbro Pulse Facebook page on Saturday, February 22 at 1:30 p.m. ET.

Fans will get a first look at new products from Marvel, Star Wars, Power Rangers, NERF, and Transformers, in addition to the much-anticipated debut of toys from Ghostbusters, including the forthcoming Ghostbusters: Afterlife, and the G.I. Joe relaunch."

... "including" Afterlife? Interesting.
Interesting. I would be willing to bet that anything related to Afterlife would be things we already know about. Perhaps the Ecto 1 with a gunner seat?
groschopf liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: February 18th, 2020, 11:21 am Interesting. I would be willing to bet that anything related to Afterlife would be things we already know about. Perhaps the Ecto 1 with a gunner seat?
I think you're right. Ecto-1 would be an excellent spoiler-free selection to show off, given it's prominence in the trailer. New characters, vehicles or playsets (Egon's lab or the big bad's lair) feel like the things they'll play close to the chest until the film drops.
Seth Rex wrote: February 18th, 2020, 12:57 pm I would love the new Ecto 1. But let's not make it too Kiddy, like the 16 version
There were a couple of better (if smaller) replicas of the 2016 Ecto-1 beyond that one with Slimer driving it, let's not forget the pretty decent Hot Wheels die-cast replica, and the LEGO set featuring the '84 Cadillac.
Kingpin wrote: February 18th, 2020, 3:02 pm
Seth Rex wrote: February 18th, 2020, 12:57 pm I would love the new Ecto 1. But let's not make it too Kiddy, like the 16 version
There were a couple of better (if smaller) replicas of the 2016 Ecto-1 beyond that one with Slimer driving it, let's not forget the pretty decent Hot Wheels die-cast replica, and the LEGO set featuring the '84 Cadillac.
Loved the Lego reboot Ecto. It was so much better than the original with seats for all four Ghostbusters and actual doors.
Alphagaia liked this
timeware wrote: February 18th, 2020, 4:33 pm Kind of curious to see if hot wheels will offer a dirty Ecto that cleans up when you drop water on it. Then reverts to wrecto when dry again.
I guess it’d be more like a heat change gimmick like the slimed heroes figures in a way. Cold equals Wreckto, warm equals clean Ecto.
Glenn Frederick liked this
Beyond the amber beacon being a little oversized, I really don't think it was any more goofy than the original. I know I've said this before, but had it been in any other movie, or had been a fan-built car, it'd be as warmly welcomed as the majority. :)
Kingpin wrote: February 18th, 2020, 7:01 pm Beyond the amber beacon being a little oversized, I really don't think it was any more goofy than the original. I know I've said this before, but had it been in any other movie, or had been a fan-built car, it'd be as warmly welcomed as the majority. :)
Exactly! I think most people forget that the original Ecto-1 was supposed to look absurd, it's just that we see it now as an iconic piece of cinema and Americana - Dan even described it as being somewhat "clown car-ish" in the Ecto-1 restoration video.
Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
Now to decide where the franchise members want to go to...

Which event will have what stars? Will one be the "bigger" of the two? So many questions...
Very interesting stuff. There appears to be a mod for the neutrona wand that turns the proton stream into a plasma stream and another mod for a trapping feature. Also a ghost whistle that causes ghosts to disperse. And the Ecto-1 Toy has something on the roof that looks like a blaster of some sort.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]