Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By Kingpin
timeware wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 8:21 amDid you get one Kingpin or was that just A.J.?
Being a forum Mod, I'm not high enough* on the totem pole compared to an admin of a major community website.

*I probably rank somewhere between IRS agent and wage slave on the scale of things.
moviemaker29 wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 11:17 am More details on the release of Trailer #1!! So ready for the marketing roller coaster ride we're getting on now through July!

https://trailer-track.com/2019/12/02/in ... ming-days/
How legit is that site? Because it seems to be promoting speculation as fact. At the very least, it's a click-baity headline they're running.
By tylergfoster
Trailer Track is not only reliable, but what they are reporting on is the trailer passing the BBFC, which is official information you can find on their website: https://bbfc.co.uk/releases/ghostbuster ... ilmtrailer

So the only question is whether this drops online with Jumanji: The Next Level's theatrical release date in the UK (seems to be this Friday) or the US (the Friday after).
moviemaker29, robbritton, groschopf and 1 others liked this
I was expecting the trailer to drop with the U.S. release for Jumanji next week, but since the BBFC has rated it already, it seems likely we'll get it by the end of this week rather than them waiting until next week - I doubt the studio wants bootleg cell phone-shot videos floating around on YouTube for a week.

Also worth noting in regards to the title, there is a slight chance that the Afterlife subtitle could be dropped here stateside and it's possible it could be marketed as GBIII here. Titles are changed or amended in international markets all the time to prevent any confusion with other properties that are similarly named there (ex. The Avengers was called Avengers Assemble in the UK). Afterlife probably will indeed be the name since subtitles seem to be all the rage with sequel titles these days, but it would be really nice if we got it here as GBIII. At the very least it would make it clear to the unaware masses that this is a legit sequel.
Sav C, groschopf liked this
I knew that wasn't right: Jumanji: The Next Level opens on the 13th here and in the UK. It's the premiere that's happening this week. So I think we've got a week. But who knows, it's clearly finished, so Sony could put it online whenever they want -- although I assume not on the same day the Bond or Black Widow trailers are dropping.
BatDan liked this
RichRyan1507 wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 12:33 pm
pizzarat wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 12:25 pm Eh, the title is whatever. I would have even been satisfied with "The Afterlife". Without the article it's a bit awkward.
I really like the title. Gives a nice hint to what the movie will be about and avoids the no ghost symbol with his stupid 3 fingers sticking out. Makes it seem heavier, too, which I like!
As I said earlier, I think of the film as an "Epilogue" of the OGB's adventures while passing the torch to a new generation. Can't wait to see the first trailer when it comes out this week. ^_^
Wafflerobot wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 5:06 pm I am looking forward to the trailer. The BBFC site says it'll be two and a half minutes long so we'll have a lot to talk/speculate about.
Trailers are getting too long.. they show way too much. 30 seconds is fine to pump us up.
By timeware
As long as we get costumes I'll be ecstatic. My prediction is the new trailer will focus mainly on Finn stumbling onto the ecto in that house with dramatic shots. Maybe a few shots of him thumbing through the spirit guide. It, would surprise me if they show the og's in the first trailer. Just enough to get us excited.
By groschopf
2GunsRacing wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 6:00 pm Trailers are getting too long.. they show way too much. 30 seconds is fine to pump us up.
Some trailers are out of hand and contain all the best moments from a film.

That said, the teaser trailer we saw earlier this year clocks in at just shy of a minute long -- 51 seconds.

I don't think we're going to see enough to ruin the movie with the slow, deliberate and guarded demeanor they've demonstrated thus far.
SpaceBallz, robbritton, Wafflerobot and 2 others liked this
By Kingpin
2GunsRacing wrote: December 2nd, 2019, 6:00 pmTrailers are getting too long.. they show way too much. 30 seconds is fine to pump us up.
We've already had a 51-second teaser as previously mentioned, and 30 seconds isn't really enough time to give a brief idea of the plot, whilst also setting tone. 2 minutes 30 seconds isn't terribly unreasonable, especially as half of it will be fades or sudden cuts to black, and title/caption graphics.
2GunsRacing liked this
By timeware
It will be longer for sure. They have to show the Ecto in the new barn. The new cast, equipment, maybe we'll get a portion of the chase scene from that tmz video. I'm betting it,s final run time is near three or four minutes. Shit, can't wait to see how close our speculating got.
By robbritton
timeware wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 2:03 am It will be longer for sure. They have to show the Ecto in the new barn. The new cast, equipment, maybe we'll get a portion of the chase scene from that tmz video. I'm betting it,s final run time is near three or four minutes. Shit, can't wait to see how close our speculating got.
The final runtime of the trailer has already been noted by the BBFC as 2mins 28secs. That’s what it’ll be, no more, no less.
Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
By robbritton
Alphagaia wrote: December 3rd, 2019, 2:44 am Damn it, Robbritton. I wanted to take that bet and now you ruined it.
Ha! Sorry!
Most of the runtime will probably be used for establishing the family's move to Summerville, the kids uncovering the Ecto-1, tinkering with some equipment, befriending Paul Rudd's character, and discovering something is wrong with the town. It'll be all about setting the tone and introducing the new characters. But you know they'll throw in a few FX shots to build excitement and probably whet our appetites with a hint of the OG at the end.

Realistically, I am most excited to see the Ecto back in action and perhaps a glimpse at how the ghost effects will look, this first go-round!
Kingpin liked this
It's not so much the first Trailer of a movie that gives away too much plot info but usually it's the second trailer and multiple TV ads that give you ideas to piece together major plots in a film.

Worst case scenario they go Superman 3 on us
By Coover5
I just hope seeing the trailer will get me to the excitement level I was when I saw this for the first time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PmePy7unos

The Ghostbusters have had major returns with EGB, GBTVG, GBATC and GB3 but EGB was the one that really blew my mind. I was also sure the cartoon meant a third movie was on its way. Funny to think about that now considering one of the featured actors in GB3, McKenna Grace, was -9 years old then.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]